Workouts with less equipment and little to no cardio

TessGeo13

Hello,
Although I am liking STS, I don’t think I can finish it. It takes me a long time to sort my adjustable weights and the constant change of exercises is giving me ADHD! Lol
What videos / programs would you recommend for my goals- increasing strength and overall fitness ( not aiming to lose weight) I am on demand subscriber. Thank you!

Hmmm, maybe try some older series ... maybe do a week of each and see which style you like then keep doing that series for a month.

For Total Body: Power Hour & Maximum Intensity Strength; BodyBlast's Push/Pull & Supersets; & Hardcore's Muscle Max.

For 3-day splits: Pure Strength, Slow & Heavy and Xtrain's with the Legs (not Cardio Leg Blast), & Gym Styles.

STS2.0's two UB/LB splits are not as cardio, neither are the "Parts". (The 3 Total Body workouts do have a cardio effect).

2 caveats - you will experience some cardio effect with most lower body workouts & Total Body & some back/chest UB as they work large muscles. Also true strength work will require a variety of equipment as each muscle group take different loads. Many metabolic workouts use less equipment, but have more cardio effect.

Also STS, the original has Meso 1 which is endurance work so has a cardio effect. You could go to Meso 3 - strength based.

Last edited:
That is such a great advice! Thank you!!!! It all stems from having adjustable weights. Off to look at those recommendations! Thank you!I'
I don't have On Demand, but I have become good friends with the pause & rewind buttons on my dvd player's remote when I need more time to switch out my weights or catch my breath or catch up to Cathe's pace ... don't be afraid to make these workouts work for you! ;)

I have a spinlock barbell and need extra time to adjust the weights on that. Now that I am an OnDemand subscriber I tend to use the workout blender to add extra time where I need it to change weights. That way I can just let the workout play through without having to pause and restart.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.