Workouts on Mon 2/23

likes2bfit

Cathlete
I thought I might start this workout thread for today.

Currently, my rotation is a 3 day split with two cardios and one circuit day. (5 day rotation total weekends off)
Monday is legs. This morning I did Legs & Glutes Extreme.

Ouch!

I normally do regular L&G and them play tennis. However, today I have no tennis scheduled, so I tried the extreme version. I was OK to repeat the first section of leg work but, When it came time to repeat the standing ankle weight work, my legs said NO. I needed energy to complete the floor work. Great workout though!

Judy
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

I've kind of had a fun fitness weekend. I did Kick, Punch & Crunch on Saturday morning (for the first time ever) and had so much fun. LOVED it and was so physced(sp?) after I finished that if it wasn't dark I would have gone out for a walk. Yesterday was Super Body Sculpting (Firm). Today will be cardio, but not sure what yet.

I did a premix off of Legs and Glutes this morning minus the explosive squats and lunges since I am doing no impact or cardio for the next 2 weeks due to my heel. I also did the abs off of Body Max. I can't imagine doing the L&G extreme I barely make it through the regular workout. More power to ya!!!:7

Hello everyone!

It seems that I have to get get that Legs and Glutes!

Today was no impact cardio day for me, 50 min on different machines (bike, row, nordictrack, stairmaster). Followed by S&H only CHEST. What a workout! I used bb for bench press and db for flyes. But the last 4 pushups were on my knees. I'm cooked.

Enjoy the day, folks!

Mari

Hi everyone! I really love the idea of checking in every day to list what workouts we did! Great idea, whoever thought of this!! :)

I did Slow & Heavy/Chest & Back today, and I was able to use 2 15# dumbells for both sets of flyes and chest presses, and for the dumbell rows. FINALLY my chest seems to be getting stronger. It took concentrated effort for me to be able to increase this weight, so don't give up if this is one of your goals!! I have adjustable dumbells, so next time I'm upping this weight to about 17.5 pounds for each dumbell. I plan to use each tape in the Slow & Heavy series in a rotation for about three weeks, then switch to the Pyramids. I'm finding these two series are giving me the best results for strength gains and overall definition.

For the dumbell pullovers I was able to use a 20# weight, and felt I could have gone higher. I might try a 25# one next time. For the deadlifts I used 2 20# weights, but definitely felt I could have gone higher.

Those planks at the end still slay me, but I'm getting better! Each time I do this tape I can hold them a little bit longer.

I LOVE this series!! I wish Cathe would make a similar one, perhaps with a slightly different count next time.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!!

Carol
:)

This is so fun! This morning I did a mix of alternating 8 minute segments. I did Nordic Track for 8, then Circuitmax for 8 and so on until I reached 40 min. I was in a time crunch and will do a weight workout this afternoon. Biceps PUB and Leaner Legs. I haven't tried Legs & Glutes Extreme yet. Yes the standing ankle weight work for the 2nd time would be tough...but you did great!...:)...Carole

I LOVE this thread, too!!

It's FINALLY above 20 degrees here in southern Minnesota - so I am off to a 3-5 mile run after work. I'm so excited I can barely sit still until 3:30pm when I head out. I'm eating an energy bar as we speak to get me going even more..... :7

Can't wait to read what the rest of you are doing today.

Marcia :)

I did PUB today. I usually just do Pyramid Upper only, but today I felt like I really needed to fry my arms. I skipped the abs work on the floor because I'm planning on doing some pilates tonight. I did however complete the stability ball planks, a first for me. I always had a problem with them until someone suggested to focus more on lifting your butt up in the air. Voila! It worked! Thank you whoever you are!!!:)

Today was ps back and bicep,ps shoulder and tae bo advanced#8.I upped my wt on everything today and will do the same tommorrow.:)

I did the Pyramid Bonus Combo plus stability ball work form both Pyramids. I did the abs right after the warm up before my arms were too fried to hold me up. Today for biceps I used 15lb. DB's for all three sets...woo hoo! I took extra rests of course and I kept thinking I would have to drop down, but I made it. I could barely eek out the last two reps. Now I probably won't be able to move my arms tomorrow!:p

I like this thread too:)

Today I did PLB and used or rather tried to use the (un) stability ball for the first time--kept switching back and forth between the ball and the modified versions. I plan to bike 30 min after dinner.

take care
Maggie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.