Workouts: Fit TV versions vs Full versions

blkane

Cathlete
Can someone give me some insight on what is different between the Fit TV versions of Cathe and the full versions? This site states they are edited versions. But, what is edited? Is it just that there are no premixes or is the actual workout changed?

Thanks

Well,

It's not like the workout is changed, but actually limited. Many of Cathe's DVDs last over an hour, and FitTV only airs 1 hour programs, including commercials. This means you end up doing about 45 minutes of the actual workout... Which results in several exercises or step combinations being cut out.

I mean, if you're just beginning working out with Cathe, they are much better workout than any other show there (in my opinion). But once you get to a better fitness level, you're able to take the whole enchilada by doing the shows in DVD. Just an example: Boot camp is only 6 circuits long on FitTV, while the real deal lasts for ... 8 circuits!!! It may not sound like much, but try doing those 1-minute excercises, and you'll understand :)

So, FitTV shows are a good intro... but once you start buying DVD's,,, you won't be able to stop! They are so great, plus the premixes make them feel like you've got tons of excercise routines in one single DVD.

I'm sure others will have more info on this... But my overall opinon is that, even though you can get the FitTV versions Tivoed or taped, getting the DVDs is sooo worth it.

Have fun!

Just one example, I think the fit tv version of step, jump & pump only has step for the warm up. The dvd includes another 17 minutes or so of very fun step routines. I recorded every fit tv version of cathe available and wound up buying dvds of most of the them because I felt like I was missing too much! Plus, the premixes really are fantastic for variety and when you need a shorter workout. JMO. Good luck!

Jonahnah
Chocolate IS the answer, regardless of the question.

I discovered Cathe on FitTV, Imax2 was my first taste.;-)
FitTV is great if your budget is limited, just fast forward through the commercials. But once you become a Cathe buyer you will be hooked.:7

Jenn

Thanks for the info. The Discovery Store is selling the Fit TV versions on DVD. I was wondering if they were shortened versions or just lacked the premix features..etc. I guess it's both.

I believe the FitTv DVDs at the Discovery Channel Store are the same DVDs--not shortened or missing anything. I bought the Low Max DVD at the Discovery store and it was the same as the regular Low Max except for the look of the DVD and the cover. (long story short--was new to Cathe and thought it was a different workout for some reason so I ended up with both). It had the same premixes as well. My Core Max and Stretch Max are from the Discovery Store and from what I can tell they aren't missing anything either.

***Lainie***

10_10011359828.gif

I agree with you Jenn. The FitTV Low Max is only 45 mins.long (with commercials edited out) and they leave out three or four of the cardio intervals. So it's better to order the full DVD. Plus Low Max have four shorter premixes so you will never get bored.

Fit TV is a great introduction to Cathe's videos, but you lose so much by not having the actual DVD.

You miss all the great premixes and the commercial breaks are not there to annoy you.

I strongly advise purchasing what workouts you like from Fit TV.

Cheers!

Amy

Hello!

I like to first watch Cathe's workouts on Fit TV, and then I like to buy them.

I do not work out to her on Fit TV because I hate having the commercials! I love seeing what she does though, and then I can know what I really want to buy! (all of them - haha!)

"Life is short - Be the best you can be every day of your life!" :)
Running feels great for my soul! :)

The Discovery Channel store used to sell Cathe DVDs online (only three of them: Low Max, Core Max, and Stretch Max--the same three I found at the store) but it looks like they aren't anymore.

***Lainie***

10_10011359828.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.