Workout Warriors - Summer Revival

Janis

Cathlete
Happy First Week of Summer!

I apologize for my sudden absence from the check-in. Life was just getting too hectic and too crazy, but I’ve adjusted to the increased pace and I’m back to talk fitness, I hope everyone will join me.

I’m still plugging away at my rotation.

This week is full body. Monday I did Supersets and I’ll do a second round on Friday. Yesterday I did Lowmax and today I ran on the TM for 4.1 miles/40 minutes and followed it up with Travel Fit.

Regina – I’ve been thinking about you a lot the last few weeks. Did you work anything out with SNM, are you going to audition for the spin dvd? What kind of SUV did your husband buy?

MJ – How was tennis camp?

Cathy – What workouts have you been doing?

Kim – Are you watching Wimbledon?

Kimberly – How’s the weather up there?

:D

I've been puttering a bit with my workouts. Doing some of CTX, some walk/jog combos for 1/2 an hour around my natural area in the yard. Was going to start riding my bike, but the tires are too soft. So, if Nick's practice tomorrow afternoon isn't rained out, I'll take the bike along and stop at the gas station to get air in the tires.

I'd done the first week of the February rotation when our power went out - for three days! At that point, because of baseball tournaments, I couldn't fit in all the workouts, so I opted to stop and, as I said above, putter. :rolleyes:

I'm now planning to restart the February rotation Sunday and restart eating better again!!! The boys teams had their "stay in a hotel" tournaments the last two weekends and the club buys pizza for a party and then this last weekend was Derek's birthday, so I took along a cake to add to that. Needless to say my eating as gotten quite off track. :(

On the bright side, my mulberries are very fruitful this year, and if the weather is decent tomorrow I'm going to pick and freeze a bunch of them.

So, what have you all been up to?

Hey Guys : Happy Summer Everyone

Thanx for getting us going again Janis

This week I've done

Cardio & Weights : When I did these sort of circuits in the past I used to always do all the cardio in one hit and then the weights altogether afterwards, but I learned from the first Cathe weekly newsletter that you burn more calories for longer if you take a stop start approach and interchange the cardio and weights and it certainly makes the cardio a whole lot sweeter.

Saturday p.m., having got all the chores out of the way I noticed that Kung Fu Panda was on. Don't ask me why as its a kazillion mile departure from my usual viewing but DD and I decided to have a snuggle and watch that. ERGO on Sunday I did KPC in homage to Kung Fu Panda LOL :D

Mon was L&G - which I think might be the first full out leg w/o since finishing STS :eek: oooops - followed by Step Blast the following day. That one really kicks my butt. Doesn't matter how many times I do it. GASP

It doesn't help that (fess up time) I'm carrying a few extra #s. OK the sugar challenge was an unmitigated disaster. What can I say I'm Sugar Junkie numero uno. If that was in the Olympics there's a gold medal winner for me right there.

And, of course y'day was Gucci's birthday - so cake was had. C'mon the little guy was 4 - that's got to be an important milestone in any man's life.

OK I'm off to watch Wimbledon. Ahem, yes I am @ work so some of the time at least I may have to stream it in without sound. It's OK don't worry about me I'll tough it out :confused:

GAME : SET and MATCH

Attachments

• 23-06-2011 11;57;30.jpg
    23-06-2011 11;57;30.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 5
Hi Again Warriors!

Today's workout was Kickmax followed up by Ilaria's Bodystrike. It was a great workout, and a combination I'll do again.

Cathy - Yummmy, mulberries, do you make mulberry peach pie?

Kim - Happy Birthday to Gucci. I'm in absolute agreement, cake must be eaten on birthdays. Someone, some where is sure having a birthday today, so why not eat cake! lol. I have Step Blast coming up on Monday in my rotation - thanks for the heads up!

Regina - Speaking of the "no sugar challenge", how is yours going? I'm back to not eating sugar, and I'm also back to eating low-glycemic, which makes a huge difference for me.

MJ - Looks like it is hot & humid and a T-storm is on the way! No tennis tonight I presume.

Kimberly - Now that it is summer, are you exercising outside - hiking, biking, skating?

Have a good one everyone!

Hi Workout Warriors,

Janis: The weather here has not been great. It seems to be either raining or so windy a person can't stand to be outside. I've only been bike riding 3 times. Haven't been golfing in over 3 weeks. I finally started the Supreme 90 rotation. I'm very happy with the workouts, but I have no plans on doing the full 90 days. I'd miss my Cathe too much. Did you ever get a new piece of cardio equipment? We are still loving our elliptical.

KadetKim: Sounds like you've been getting in some good workouts! That sugar is something else isn't it? I'm guessing my husband will be wanting to go play some tennis this week-end once he watches some on TV. If it's not raining or too windy. I hate playing in the wind. Do you play?

Peaceful Rainbow: Tough to stay on course with no power. And when I have a plan, I don't like it interrupted. How do you feel about restarting the rotation? I'm guessing you're excited about it or you wouldn't be doing it! Are mulberries something you eat straigh, like blueberries, or are they strictly for baking with? I find it much harder to eat properly in the summer than in the winter. Good luck to us! I know it can be done.

Kimberly

Last edited:
Happy Friday Warriors!

Today I did Athletic Step and then another round of Supersets, which I've determined is not a favorite. Next week is a week of split workouts, I have Pure Strength on tap.

Kimberly - Yay! It is lovely to hear from you. I'd have to agree, tennis and wind are not very compatible! Any of "those" rotations like P90x, Insanity, Supreme 90, I never end up following either, but STS is another story. I have not purchased another piece of equipment yet. The new piece of equipment is my 'reward' for reaching my goal weight. I've got 3.5#'s to go. I do like the idea of an elliptical, but with Cathe's spin dvd coming out, I'm hedging. I just don't know...*wringing hands*.

MJ - Waiting, waiting, waiting patiently for Wimbledon to end so I can hear how you are!:D Are you 'sleeping' with the games playing on tv?:D

Regina - My next dvd purchases (also weight loss goal rewards) are P57 v1 & 2, I've decided to add Barre or Ballet to my Pilates or Yoga Sunday rotation. Then I'll add Cardio Barre etc.. to the dvd pile. Have you purchased any new workouts recently. No? Ah, the weather is too lovely to exercise indoors I bet.

Did I tell everyone I brought my new puppy home? He is adorable, check out his photos here: Flickr: Rowan Red Spoo and Oliver too!'s Photostream

Have a wonderful Friday evening.

Quick check in. Getting the boys in bed and then me. Have to get up early and pack food for all our meals and be at the field at 7:45. May get home after 8:00 tomorrow night.

This morning I did SJP Step and Hi-lo. No workout tomorrow just food packing ;)

I've never eaten mulberries anything but just off the tree by themselves. Tomorrow I'm going to try them in a smoothie.

I always eat far better in the summer with it being warmer and all the fresh food available. Winters all I want are heavy carbs. :eek:

Janis I'll check out the pics later. Our neighbors have 5 baby golden's. Eyes just opened a couple days ago and they are adorable. Too pricey for us, but adorable none the less.

Janis: Your puppies are ADORABLE. Love the pictures, especially the one of them napping together on their round bed. I think it is so cute when people have matching dogs.

OMG...the video is too cute. Looks like they are going to be the best of buds. Are they male or female? I like the name you picked out.

Mine are both chows, but they look quite different. I would like to as some point in my life, get two sisters from the same litter. We had heard 2 female chows wouldn't get along, but they get along great. Maybe it helps that one is 6 years older. The younger one is submissive and a pleaser so I'm sure that makes things go smoother between them. Although the older doesn't seem to be pushy, she even waits in line for the food dish. She doesn't throw her weight around.

Last edited:

Cathy SJP for me today too.

Have happy w/e everyone.

The time's really getting away from me today so must vamoosh.

HUGS

Hi Ladies!

It is a beautiful Saturday. I went for a 50 minute run with Rowan at the vineyard...not a soul in sight and not one dust cloud inducing vehicle either. It was a great steady state run. I ran to Cardio Coach Press Play, which always makes me cry, and makes me feel happy and grateful to be alive. RIP Jim.

I came home and did AC-Stability ball abs...all except the one legged pikes.

Kim - I bombed a Trivial Pursuit question the other night, :eek:, I didn't know Big Ben was the name of the bell, not the clock! I did SJP at the first of the month - and you know what - I can't remember anything about it ! It must be a do again, as opposed to - god, I hated that.

Kimberly - I think having them so close in age has helped a lot in their bonding. I took Rowan to see the puppies (and Oliver) at 2wks, 4wks, 6wks and again when we picked him up at 8wks. I, too, hope you are able to get sisters someday. :D Did you end up playing tennis today?

Regina - Speaking of Supreme 90, did you do the rotation?

Cathy - Oh you must make pie or cobbler with your mulberries. What is Hi-lo? is that a pre-mix on SJP?

MJ - Hey sista! I was thinking the other day of how proud you would be of me - I'm finally getting the hang of this steppin' business. :D So, would you stop a tennis game to correct the referee on how to pronounce your name? Not me! Seems like business to handle off court.

I'm off to bathe my red headed dogs, but I leave you with these quotes from Press Play and Jim Maclaren: "You have a choice how you are going to live each day- it's not what happens to you, it is what you do with it. Tomorrow will come, and we will have another day to make another choice." " You can change your reality in one second by just making a choice.

Last edited:
Happy Sunny Sunday!

For my active-recovery off-day workout I did 3 sections of Rodney Yee's A.M Yoga. The dvd has 5, 20 minute sections. Boy did I need a good stretch.

What's in store for next week for everyone? In addition to Pure Strength and running, I plan on Step Blast, MMA Boxing, and Hiit Pyramid. I'll be on the road (out of town) two days next week, the challenge will be to get a good workout before I sit, sit, sit all day.

Have a great day Warriors.

Janis the puppies are adorable! Fantastic pics of them. :D

I'm starting the leg rotation over again only I started with a slight deviation and I have to cram in two days into one sometime this week because I couldn't start yesterday. So, today I did Circuit Blast and then 300 walking lunges in the backyard.

Boys and I spent about 20 hours at the field this weekend and it was gorgeous. Sunny and upper 70's to around 80 both days. Nick's team ended up 1-2, and he was bat boy for the other team when they played. No idea why he likes to do that except to just hang around the kids he's played with before that are on that team. Generally the bat boys are younger brothers! They had a blast playing stickball with friends between games and I did lots of socializing. ;) Plus worked concessions part of the time.

I'm trying to plan our vacation. We are now apparently going zoo hopping to Indiana and Ohio and hitting four zoos. :rolleyes: This whole trip is centered around Derek's love of zoos and it's DH's turn to plan the trip this year, but Nick is going to be less than thrilled with the whole thing. So, I'll try to find enough places where he can go and do the go-carts to keep him happy.

Janis the hi-lo in SJP is the cardio on the floor. There is a premix that is the step and hi-lo. In the regular workout, the hi-lo is broken up with each segment followed by a weight section.

I would have bombed that questions, too! I always thought Big Ben was the clock.

I do not like berry pie at all, plus I currently have no oven. The day after we got our power back one of the wires coming out of the back of the stove and the bake element fried. :( Got a new element finally, too much baseball to fit it in the schedule, and the neighbor cut and redid the wire. Put in the element and turned it on and it was smoking, so we stopped using it again and someday will figure out what the deal is and if we need a new stove since the problem seems to be coming from somewhere inside and not anything we can get to ourselves.

As of Saturday, I'm really trying to clean up my eating. Saturday I did really well. Sunday afternoon in the concession stand I was really seriously eyeing the Snickers bars, but I held strong and managed to leave for the day having eating nothing except what I brought with me. And do you know how big a mess a really ripe piece of watermelon makes when it hits the floor. :rolleyes: And for added fun, it happens when you are trying to prepare food for a whole day and get out the door because you are supposed to be there at a specific time!

DAUGHTER FOR SALE

Hard to use computer today as DD is taking up all the band-width sending a huge file via a host site.

Message on her screen reads:

Transferring 0%
0.2MB of 537.8MB completed
3 hours remaining.

Only problem is that it's been saying that same message for the last 9 hours.
I'm beginning to think it may have been quicker to put all the photos on a CD and send them in the post. I'll complain to you about it - but I'm not brave enough to chew DD up about it :eek:

Hi Workout Warriors,

KadetKim: Sounds like you've been getting in some good workouts! That sugar is something else isn't it? I'm guessing my husband will be wanting to go play some tennis this week-end once he watches some on TV. If it's not raining or too windy. I hate playing in the wind. Do you play?

Kimberly

Kimberly - No I no longer play. I used to play a lots when I was younger. I was always out on a court somewhere gettng a trashing.

My lurve of Wiblemdon goes way back. When I started watching The players were all older than me - Billie Jean King + Virginia Wade. Then I can remember when they were the same age as me Martina + Chrissie Evertt. Then they started getting younger, Steffi Graff + Jennifer Capriatti. Then the next generation came along and they were younger still, The Williams Sisters. Now we've got two Brits just inside the top 100 and they're younger than my DD.

Man: I'm beginning to think that I'm NEVER gonna win it.

Hi Everyone,

I have a cottony - woozy - head, and a late, late night - too, too early morning induced fatigue. Blame it on Trivial pursuit and Oliver puppy, in that order.

I only did Pure Strength, Back Biceps & Abs today, easy-peasy. I'm moving Step Blast to somewhere else in the week, too tired to try to learn new steps and focus on not taking a tumble.

Kim - Man: I'm beginning to think that I'm NEVER gonna win it. lol. That's what I was thinking yesterday while doing down dog in shorts. Holy crap, when did I get old lady legs? It's frightening, I tell ya! Time to Ctrl+Alt+Del the file transfer. Tash will understand.:)

Cathy - No oven! Criminee! Congrats on the 300 walking lunges, way to go!

Waving hi to Regina, MJ, and Kimberly.:D

Have a Dynamo Monday. (Notice the anagram! Thanx Trivial Pursuit.):D

Hi Warriors!

Im here, Im here...just in the middle of dealing with something that has finally fallen apart *sigh* and havent been able to check in, but I have managed a quick read. Good to see the check in back (thanks Janis) Will try to catch up later this week.

Good to hear from all of you, I have missed everyone. Be back later this week.

It's a rainy Tuesday here. It rarely rains in the summer, I kind of like it!

Ran on the TM this morning for 3.5 miles. I'm in Napa all day today. Think rain, mud, and dogs, not vineyards and wine. :eek:

MJ - It is great to hear from you! (((hugs))) I am sorry this is a challenging time for you. Sometimes what is fraying can't be knitted back together and it just needs to unravel. ya know?

Have any Warriors seen Matt Damon in, The Adjustment Bureau? We watched it last night. I thought it was interesting and quite good. Although I was looking for a more in depth resolution.

Now I'm off - I'm looking forward to hearing from all past, present and future Warriors!

Janis: Nice job on the treadmill. Do you listen to music, or watch TV? I need the tv running when I'm on the treadmill. I also like to watch and read closed captioning on Young & Restless and do an I-tread while running. Have not seen The Adjustment Bureau.

Littlefiretop: Good luck with your situation.

Peaceful Rainbow: Arent' those walking lunges great.....

Nice weather today. We are going for a long bike ride after supper tonight.

Kimberly

Well damn! I posted a really long post here yesterday and it's not here. :(

So, I'll do a briefer recap. Yesterday morning I did Lower Body Blast, which had my legs immediately feeling it. Thankfully, I'm not nearly as sore today as I thought I would be and it's mostly my hamstrings that are sore. I can deal with that much better than when my glutes and inner thighs are sore.

This morning I needed to do kick box, but didn't feel my legs were up to it, so I did 4DS Kick Box cardio only.

Derek has a doubleheader tonight to finish out his league games and then he is done until try outs in August. Nick's team finished out their league play last night at 12-0, and late last night we got a message from the 13U coach asking if he could play with them tonight, so after watching a 1/2 hour of Derek's game we'll be heading out for his. He's not done playing until mid-July.

Kimberly how was the bike ride? I'm missing my bike rides. It has a very flat tire and I need to run it somewhere to get air in it and haven't had the time.

MJ thinking of you!

Janis I never look at my legs in down dog!!! I just stare at the floor or close my eyes. :eek:

Kim truly I hope you hit the delete button! Some things aren't meant to be.

Happy Wednesday Warriors!

It rained in abundance yesterday, which is rather unheard of around here for late June. The hot weather will return tomorrow.

Today I had plans to do Step Blast and follow that up with Pure Strength, legs & abs. I made it 2/3rds of the way through Step Blast and realized that today was just going to have to be one of those unplanned off days. My body was not cooperating, nor was my head, plus my left ankle started hurting and was even swollen a bit. Not sure why or how that injury occurred, but I took it as a sign to stop while the choice was still mine. I reconfigured my rotation and will do the missed workouts on Friday or Sunday.

Kimberly - I am deeply embarrassed to admit - it has NEVER occurred to me to use close-captioning while I am on the tm. Thank you for the brilliant suggestion!!! I usually try to watch something I have dvr'd, and sometimes I try to watch and listen to Cardio Coach. I'll check out I-tread. How was your bike ride? Do you use a regular bike, racing bike, mountain bike???

Cathy - bummer about the lost post, I hate when that happens. Congrats on the boys' games though. Do you like the 4DS kickbox cardio?

MJ - How are you today? Any time for tennis?

Kim - Have you been to the hairdresser recently? I go tomorrow, and I'll be thinking of you and yours! :p:D

Regina - I hope you are off having an exciting and wonderful vacation or doing exciting and wonderful physical activities, or you are doing exciting and wonderful improvements to your home. Or all of the above. In any case, I hope you will forgive the group for abandoning you, and you'll be back soon. :)

Now to eat lunch and have a nap, in that order, dogs willing that is.

Peaceful Rainbow: Never got around to the bike ride. Husband had a sever case of food poisoning so he was down and out. I didn't want to go without him. I should have, it was a PERFECT night. Tonight is super windy, and he still hasn't fully recovered. He's out doing lawn work. I haven't done LBB for a long time.

Janis: No bike ride. I have a mountain bike. But I'm not a mountain biker, I prefer tar! We have to ride 1 1/2 or 2 miles on gravel to get to a highway, so smooth tires just don't cut it. Sometimes we throw our bikes in the truck and drive out to the highway if our gravel is too freshly bladed. I don't like to do that, very wasteful on gas, but when the road is too bad, I can't bear the thought of the last stretch coming home being on bad gravel. I hope the close-captioning thing works out for you, I love it!

So since I didn't ride bike last night, I took the dogs for a walk and then did Supreme90 Shoulders/Arms. Tonight I did Cardio Challenge, and I will take the dogs for their walk shortly!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.