Workout Warriors - Summer Revival

Janis: Are you running on the treadmill because the weather's not good enough to be outside?

Tonight was supposed to be Supreme90 legs. I subbed Cathe''s Lower Body Blast. Did the pre-mix with standing legs and leg conditioning drill. Legs were too tired to go for a bike ride with my husband tonight. Oh well, it was super windy outside today, so not my favorite bike riding weather.

Kimberly

I'm kind of finding the whole British English vs- American English thing entertaining. For instance partying in a shed. :p We have a shed and it holds the garden tractor and assorted outdoor type equipment has no windows and could if empty possible hold four people - who would all be sweating their butts off because there's no air flow. Reminds me of the time my Australian penpal came and spent a week with me and we spent the whole week confusing each other with our word definitions that came with our version of English.

I am accomplishing little in the way of workouts this week. I did ride four miles yesterday and set a new PB time for that route. I'm going to try and get a few more workouts in before I leave for vacation next week.

This morning I have to get the boys up and on the road as we are going up north for the day (2 hrs) to spend the day with my family. My sister and her family are visiting from Florida and staying at a RV resort up there. Note that I cannot call this camping. Staying in a house on wheels at a place where there are only houses on wheels, just simply isn't camping!

Kudos to those of you who are working out - I'll live vicariously through you for now!

Happy Thursday!

Kimberly - I run on the treadmill a couple of times a week, even in nice weather, because my outdoor running options are really limited, and all of the routes include hills and driving a vehicle to get there. I am very impressed that you are sticking to Supreme 90. :D:D What are you going to do after?

Cathy - Have a safe trip to the RV Resort. I bet the boys will enjoy the pool.

Today I am running on the treadmill again, in the garage (gar-ij, to you Kim) and coming up with some goals. I need focus and direction.

:D

Peaceful Rainbow: I'm with you on not calling camping in an RV REALLY camping. We tent. Although I do have to confess to having an air mattress and I also enjoy watching my portable DVD player right before bed! Kind of feels like cheating.

Janis: Sometimes I treadmill in the summer just to enjoy the air conditioning and the TV watching. I would like to do some STS when I'm done with Supreme90. Probably Meso 1 & 2.

Tonight was supposed to be Supreme90 Cardio Challenge. I subbed Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge. That workout was hard for me to learn. I'm glad I persisted though, it's a great workout and fun step moves. Took dogs for 1 1/2 miles. Golfed 9 holes.

Kimberly

Kimberly, I'd never been to an RV resort before, so it was interesting. We have a tent, too, but haven't used it in a couple years, because Nick is just not into the whole camping scene and my husband sleeps even worse than he does at home. I have a feeling Nick would be fine if we camped like his cousins do! In a couple years, when Nick's old enough to just stay here on his own, Derek and I may go and camp/hike since we are the ones that enjoy it. Nice place, but no shade, as all the trees are pretty small. Clubhouse, pool, tennis courts, badmitton and a big playground. Lots of people there for the summer who drive around in golf carts rather than walk. I'll take my tent and a wooded campground with a lake any day.

Sounds like you had a very busy day yesterday and burned off tons of calories. I did do a fair amount of walking yesterday and I actually ate quite well except for the one little chocolate chip cookie.

Today I slept through the radio kicking on because of the fan and that extended a really good night's sleep. Hope I can get on a roll with more of those!!! I did the shorter timesaver premix on High Step Challenge. If you ever are short on time and still want to get something in, that one moves quickly and hits all areas except abs. 32 minutes long and the warm-up is the first cardio segment and there's no cool down/stretch, so I just did some stretching on my own. The flow of exercises was fine, but the editing in it was rather choppy, so I had to pause a couple times to adjust equipment as she just immediately goes to the next thing and sometimes that included changed in step height, getting the band under or out from under the step, etc.

Nick's game for tonight got cancelled, so I do believe I'm safe in saying we are officially done until the end of August. They ended up playing 9 innings Wednesday night with a mix of players to get enough kids. 5 14U, 6 13U and 2 12U. It was fun and ended up in a 17-17 tie. Nick got his first hit on the big field and scored twice. Nick's coach was there for awhile and we were replaying all the highlights of last weekend. We're all still in awe of what they accomplished. :D

I'm not even joking.

I'm seriously considering doing a full Intensity based rotation for August.

Just step on short day
One day Step + Hi or Lo HiiT + some upper body
One day full Intensity routine flat out
et cetera
er cetera
et cetera

OK, so rewind.

Last week I tackled Intensity for the first time and received critical acclaim and was therefore christened The Kim-inator. Maybe that doesn't count as that particular nomenclature was self-awarded, howsoever, what I failed to include in my post regailing you of my particular awesomeness was that I obviously knackered myself proper as I spent most of the afternoon napping on the sofa. Each of the subsequent Intensity days also resulted in an afternoon snoozefest of epic proportions.

This I do NOT see in anyway as a negative. Even though I like to keep busy as a flea all day following any w/o to maximize afterburn. I feel that the resultant coma following the Intensity can only aid weightloss in that for the duration of my coma even though I'm probably not fizzing off a whole lot of calories for that portion of the day at least the likelihood of me scoffing down 4 muffins and a cream pie is moot.

Cathy If we don't catch up again prior to your departure, bon voyage and do have a fantastic trip. :p

To everyone else Happy W/E and I'm off for a kip (as we say over 'ere)

It's a hot and sunny Friday!

CalFire Air Support are flying drills over my house. It makes me feel happy and safe during fire season.

Today's workout: MMA Fusion and more of Skogg's 101. I forgot how much fun MMA Fusion is. I'd really like a longer, more intense version of that workout.

Kimberly - Wow - you did get a lot of activity into your day. Impressive. I haven't taken Rowan for a long walk since I brought Oliver, the puppy, home. I miss those walks. Do you always golf the same nine holes, or do you do the front nine one day and the back nine another day? Are you thinking of a doing STS 1 & 2 as an undulating rotation? I'm {{{{skeerd}}}} to even look at Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge. :eek::eek:

Cathy - Congrats on completing the High Step Challenge premix and congrats on the end of a successful and rewarding baseball season.

Kim-inator - Let me help you out with your rotation:
Monday - Maximum Intensity - Monday afternoon- nap
Tuesday - Step Only - Tuesday afternoon - nap
Wednesday - Step + HiiT (Hi) + Boot Camp - Wednesday afternoon - nap
Thursday - Step + HiiT (Lo) + Boot Camp - Thursday afternoon - nap
Friday - Timesaver - Step + HiiT (Hi) - Friday afternoon - off for a kip
Saturday - Coma
Sunday - Coma

Monday - Maximum Intensity - Monday afternoon- nap
Tuesday - Step + HiiT (Lo) - Tuesday afternoon - nap
Wednesday. Timesaver - Step + Boot Camp - Wednesday afternoon - nap
Thursday Timesaver - Double HiiT and Boot Camp - Thursday afternoon nap
Friday - HiiT (Lo) + Boot Camp - Friday afternoon - off for a kip
Saturday - Coma
Sunday - Coma

You're welcome!:D

This weekend we are celebrating Rowan's 1st birthday with his littermates. Can you believe I am driving 2 hrs ONE way to host this little shin-dig. I think I might be crazy.

Have a good weekend everyone!
:):)

Last edited:
I've had an appalling week sleepwise. Cathy I think you can sympathise with that. Made up for it last night though and consequently overslept, which has put me all behind all day and left me struggling to catch up. As I'm off out @ a BBQ lunchtime onwards tomorrow, so if I do w/O + a few chores and get ready in the morning that'll be pretty much it for the day.

I don't want to go to the BBQ - I told DD I was {{{skeerd}}} of being bored (Oh yes and boring but that goes without saying). I find I'm not very sociable these days. There was a time I just would have died rather than not be included in EVERYTHING.

Kimberly AB's Advanced Step Challenge. Review please. We'd love to know.

Janis well a mighty big thank U for my Rotation. I've done Intensity - did I mention????? (been trying to keep it a secret ;) ). Anyway today was BM2. There's me thinking "cakewalk" Jeeze you know that one is still pretty kick-arse.

Oh and while we's on the subject of Rowan's B'day. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to celebrate the pet's B'day. You know when it was Gucci's B'day last month I made a pina colada cake and took it to dancing and b4 I told them what we were celebrating they already knew - even though it was 1 week late and even though I do take in cakes from time to time. Sad but true.

Thanx for listening - I must away - I've got a visitor from Australia this week and not just any visitor Rozzie-the-Ozzie. More about that later.

Byeeeeee

To BBQ or not to BBQ - THAT IS THE QUESTION

So Kim the BIG ????? - Did you BBQ?

I rode 12 miles today. Reverse of the last time I rode it and cut my time by 3 minutes. Was quite foggy, but except for one short stretch I could always see the length of about a football field and Sunday mornings out here, traffic is pretty close to nothing. Thankfully, it was only 70 at the time.

Thinking I might try and get another 6 miles in before DH goes to work in the morning. Then I'll be spending my day organizing house and stuff for our vacation. I totally have done nothing yet! But, I also work better under pressure when doing unfun things.

Boys and I spent the day up at the field for the last tournament of the regular season. They played with friends, I helped with concessions and hung out and Nick acted as bat boy for the other 12U team. Cracks me up that he likes to do that so much, since in general the bat boys are little brothers.

Checked out the temps for all our locations through Friday and it's pretty much 90 or more every day! This has been just a crazy stretch of heat that we rarely see here for more than a couple days and for vacation WE decide to go south. :rolleyes: If Nick wasn't going to school, we could have gone mid to late September and enjoyed far cooler temps and smaller crowds.

Janis could you make me a rotation that guarantees I can sleep like I'm in a coma two days a week? ;) I need to pull up and print out the rotation I plan to start when I get back. If I recall it's cardio based, and I have to figure out where I saved it and what I called it. For some reason I'm finding myself very anti-weight work. :confused:

Rode 6 1/2 miles and cut four minutes off the last time I rode that stretch. Going to be a very full day of organizing and packing - cause I've done nothing ahead of time!

I may pop in a time or two if we stay somewhere with computers available. Hope you all have a great week and think of me sweating my butt off every day in the heat!

Hi Everyone

Cathy Despite the summer broil, I hope you have a great Zoo visit expedition. You could always make it a hotel-swimming-pool vacation if it got to be too much. Way to go on the improved bicycling times. I bet bicycling feels great first thing in the morning.

Kim - Our poodle party went well. My poodles didn't enjoy their swimming pool swim lessons, but it was good for them. You must share your pina colada cake recipe with me, sounds delicious!

Kimberly
- Do you always golf the same nine holes, or do you do the front nine one day and the back nine another day? Are you thinking of a doing STS 1 & 2 as an undulating rotation? I'm {{{{skeerd}}}} to even look at Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge

Today I am doing Patrick Goudeau's Lean Hot Body and doing push ups & chin ups.

TOMATO MYSTERY

OK all you tomato sleuths out there. The yellow tomato frenzy continues pretty much unabated. However, when I planted that plant I also planted one with a purple fruiting variety. Now we (I say we............... they can jog on, ME) have been having yellow tomatoes for 3-4 weeks, but no sign of any purple.

This is queer.

You can see both of the plants eminating from the ground, but then the stems intertwine in a huge jumble so it's hard to differentiate which is which. The flowers keep on a'coming and when the little green blobs appear I think here we go purple this time right - wrong yellow.

Meeting this morning - so bit of a hurry to w/o so I did Travel Fit. WHO CARES where's my sodding tomatoes.

Janis: We usually golf the same nine holes. The club we belong to is only 9 holes. But it's only about 10 minutes from our house, and so much cheaper than the course 30 minutes away. (18 holes) That one is so inconvenient for us because we have to drive home to let the dogs out and go back if we want to play during the work week.

I don't have any workouts by this Patrick Goudeau. I take it you enjoy his workouts. Good job on adding push-ups and chin-ups. Did you enter Cathe's push-up challenge? I can't do enough to compete. Plus it sounds like there's some questionable areas on taking breaks. Plus....who knows how far down people are going and so on and so forth. As you can probably tell, I only like a fair competition! I don't like gray areas.

This morning I got up before work and did Supreme90 Chest/Shoulders/Tris. So I had a rare night off!!

Kimberly

Hi Everyone!

Today I ran 35 minutes at the vineyard, then came home and did my first kettlebell workout using the Skoggs System. I really like Michael Skogg.

Kimberly - How lovely to have a course so close to home. And what a bonus that you can play it frequently enough to refine your strokes. Way to go on getting your workout in early today so you can enjoy your summer evening. Patrick Goudeau - I only just heard about him from others on this check-in, his Lean Hot Body workout was a lot of fun and I recommend it highly. I didn't add any additional push ups or pull ups because he worked all the muscles fairly evenly. I'm not doing Cathe's push up challenge or any of the other challenges. Are you doing walk across America? I like a fair and balanced game too. I always tell my husband grey is not a color that exists for me. lol. :D:D Hey, if you have some $$ burning a hole in your pocket, both Performbetter.com and Athleta.com are having their summer sale. Some very good values are available. Tell me more (or tell Kim, rather) about Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge. Does she, by any chance, use two steps? :eek:

Kim - I will be the tomato detective in this little mystery. I don't know what you have planted or you what your micro-climate is, but yella tomatas turn yella and ripen before the reds and a long long time before the purples. I think the purples take the longest. So, my dear, hang in there, you'll eat a scrumptuous juicy purple tomata sometime in August. :D:D

Cathy - I hope the air-conditioning in your car is holding up and you're playing some fun traveling games or listening to some great audio books. :)

Tomorrow I am doing another Patrick Goudeau workout - Hardwork Conditioning.

SHED ALERT

I'm at it again.

Lunch a la shed today.

Or is it a log cabin???? I think this one might just be able to be accurately described as a log cabin. It's about 3 times as long as you can see in the 1st pic.

We went out to a popular nature trail.

Why am I sooooooo half witted? I completely forgot it's the first week of the school summer holidays. The last time we attempted a repast at this venue it was at 8a.m. one freezing winter's morning with thick frost crackling underfoot and everywhere was eerie and deserted. Today it was run amok with offspring (for want of a more accurate adjective :mad:) and the parking started about half a mile back from the beginning of the car park.

Anyway, I had a lovely time with my dearest friend Rozzie-the-Ozzie. I met Rozzie at an aerobics class and she was very keen for me to accompany her home for coffee. I protested as I was lycra clad and very sweaty following the class but she was quite insistent. I later realised that this was because her Hubby was on a short term working contract over here and she was keen to network early and establish a group of friends for herself.

Anyway on further discussion it appeared that the house she was describing was next door to my best friend. This was quite likely as I knew that my friend's neighbour had debunked Stateside and rented out their house. I had a hilarious image of me round at the home of my new friend with my existing friend pottering about in her garden and me inside next door and popping up over the back fence, shrieking "G'day".

As long as I think that there's mischief to be had I won't be far away; so off I went.

It turned out not to be the same road, but the next one along, but needless to say Ros and I became the best of friends over the ensuing 4 years of her husband's contract here. At the time it seemed like she was never going back to Oz, but of course eventually they did and my life is all the poorer for my dear friend being on the other side of the World.

Anyway, I was excited about seeing her today and knew the only way to celebrate in style would be a magnificent luncheon enjoyed in or near a shed.

So here we are. OK I know I've still got 10# to lose (make that 15) but in fairness I think I ate something that's really bloated me as it's now 7 hours later and I've not gone to my dancing class as I seem to have morphed into one of those 1970s space hoppers, or feel like it anyway.

And I just thought I'd add this last one of us together and tell you that she's 60 next year. Not bad eh?? Keep up the workouts girls. It pays off in then end.

Attachments

• P1030661.jpg
    P1030661.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 8
  • P1030663.jpg
    P1030663.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 7
  • P1030665.jpg
    P1030665.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi Warriors!

Kim - Love the shed. Love the pics. Your friend, Rozzie, looks amazing! I hope I look that good at 60. I know what you mean by, "Today it was run amok with offspring" :D:D:D

Kimberly - Any bike rides to tell us about? or rounds of golf? or Amy Bento Step Challenge workouts?

Cathy - I figure your rounding the zoo bend about now and heading home. I hope you saw some interesting displays during your zoo-palooza. I've always wanted to see a platypus. :eek:

I did Patrick Goudeau's Hardwork Conditioning #2. It was a lot more fun and a little more challenging than the first version. I quite liked the abs section in this dvd.

I have out of town guests coming tomorrow evening and I'm also getting my youngest son ready for camp. So - must go for now.

Last edited:
I am back! Air conditioning worked the whole time in the van, but damn was it hot outside!!!!! We ended up hitting FIVE zoos. Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Columbus and then Toledo this morning before heading home. Between the two cameras we have almost 800 pics. Derek is in heaven and has already started creating his latest version of "his" zoo using the pics.

Played putt putt golf twice and who do you think won ------ yes that would be me!! :p DH was not happy to say the least. We tend to be a tad competitive about such things. First time I won by 2 strokes, second by only 1. Nick got to drive go-karts at both places which slightly appeased him for having to do 5 zoos.

I didn't work out, but we walked a ton and it was so hot that even though food options weren't always great, I ate less than usual. Boys used lots of pools and I soaked my feet in lots of hot tubs. ;)

Back to working out tomorrow. New rotation and I need to go check now to see what I'm doing.

Kim, Janis beat me too it. You'll get your purple tomatoes soon enough.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.