Workout shoes for new series

hedy

I couldn't find a post when I searched but what workout shoes did Cathe and crew wear for this series.

My feet have become increasingly creaky so TIA.

Thanks so much. I think it is time to admit that working out in my Nike Shox aren't helping my PF at all. I used to wear only Ryka but got away from them. Maybe it is time to try them again.

I just did High Rep and I'm not sure the shoes are the Assist 2 unless they discontinued the color they are wearing (which I know happens all the time).

Here is exactly the shoe we wore :D Copy and pasted from the Ryka website:

footwear_images%5C1815_wwsl.jpg
White/Chrome Silver/Metallic Lake Blue
FIT TIP: Runs a bit small in length with a generous toe box width. We recommend going with your larger size if you are in between sizes.

Assist XT 2 - 1815WWSL
High-performance training shoe developed for the avid fitness enthusiast. Designed to fully support the foot via upper-engineered layers, cushioning and pronation control to deliver precise foot alignment with unsurpassed comfort.

• Nitracel™ forefoot metatarsal pod provides responsive cushioning and shock absorption
• N-Gage™ in the heel for cushioned stability
• S.G.S. (Skeletal Guidance Shank): Uniquely engineered to keep the shoe lightweight yet provide mid-foot support during heel-to-toe transition acting as a center frame stabilizer.
• Dual-piece, rubber outsole with balanced flex grooves provides superior traction and flexibility
• Ortholite® insole – breathable, durable, comfortable and fights odor
• Synthetic leather upper with air mesh and high-density foam for comfort

You can use promo code RKHL and get free shipping from Ryka.com until 12/31

Thanks for that Jann!! So glad I saw this! I have a pair of Rykas sitting in my amazon cart waiting to be purchased! I wasn't quite sure yet if I was making the right choice:confused: Will go and delete and run after these!
Thanks for posting th pic and info Cathe ;)

Sears.com has them on sale right now

FYI, Sears.com has the Assist XT 2 1815WWSL on sale right now for $49.99 until 2/26, with free shipping. (You can return at a local Sears store if needed.)

The website does not list the model number, but when I received mine today, they are indeed the cross-trainers that Cathe and crew used. I ordered a half size larger and it fits very well. They're also nice and light.

Last edited:
FYI, Sears.com has the Assist XT 2 1815WWSL on sale right now for $49.99 until 2/26, with free shipping. (You can return at a local Sears store if needed.)

The website does not list the model number, but when I received mine today, they are indeed the cross-trainers that Cathe and crew used. I ordered a half size larger and it fits very well. They're also nice and light.

OOOOHHHH! Score!!!! Thanks for posting this! That's a great deal!!!!:D

I just received the Assist XT 2 shoes from Sears.com for the sale price of $49.99 with free shipping to continental U.S., an offer that is good until April 2. I would not be surprised to see this sale repeated since it seemed to end Feb 26 when Bettypcw first alerted us about it.

I just tried out the shoes (my first Ryka's) for IMAX3 and they are very comfortable. As Cathe described, the toe box is generous. I found the length pretty consistent with my Asics running shoes and did not need to go up a size (I suppose you only need to do that if you are in between sizes, and I am not). I never would have dared try a new shoe manufacturer and style by mail order but these worked out surprisingly well. Thanks for the great tip about the sale, Bettypcw!

You're welcome, CommittedtoFitness. Great for us that Sears extended the sale!

The mesh upper on these new Rykas don't feel as solid to me as the leather upper on my previous pair. (And I miss the height that my old pair has.) But I'm still using them anyway. Today I used them on Body Max 2, and other times I used them on Drill Max and Intensity. I think that my knees are just shot from all the higher impact workouts and pretty soon it won't matter what sneakers I wear!

I've never tried Asics for cross-training, or any other activity for that matter, but would like to, someday.

Happy fitness!
Betty

Betty,
Just to clarify--I have never used my Asics running shoes for step aerobics because of the need for a shoe designed for lateral movement as well as forward motion. I had been wearing Nike aerobics shoes with a boot-like fit and leather upper. Like you, switching to a low-cut shoe with a mesh upper instead of leather is a bit of a change. Nevertheless, I am happy to find a comfortable shoe that doesn't require breaking in. In fact, I often forgot that I had the new shoes on during my first workout. When I did the Intensity HiiT section today, the cushioning didn't seem much better than when I wore my old shoes, but it might be too much to expect to feel a dramatic difference. I agree that it probably does not make much difference what shoes we wear because our knees will bear most of the brunt of high-impact activities. I don't regret the purchase but I do hope that the shoes hold up and don't wear out fast. Cathe and her crew probably think nothing about replacing their shoes frequently, but I hope not to have to do so. I'd much rather spend my money on new DVDs. :)

Just ordered these from Sears for under 33 dollars shipped!!!! Don't understand why the price is so low, but I'm happy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.