Workout Manager - bug fixes?

geekchic

Is there someone who is actively maintaining the workout manager site? I use it almost daily (and have for several years now) and there are some bugs and some annoyances that would be great if they could be fixed. Examples:
- "remember me" on login doesn't work any more. This is really irritating because lately my sessions are getting killed after just an hour or two of inactivity, so I end up having to login multiple times a day. Having the "remember me" checkbox on the login screen is kind of like false advertising.
- STS Total Body - the workout editor on this workout seems broken. It doesn't calculate the weights I should use based on my 1RM, and when I try to recalculate my 1RM for any of the exercises, it calculates 0 for my new 1RM and asks me if I want to save that.
- there are features that would be great to have, such as I would love to be able to see my workout history as a list (not in the calendar) or download it to excel or something so that I can figure out which DVD's I have not done recently, without having to page through month after month of the calendar.

I could come up with more items but if nobody's going to fix them you probably don't want to hear about it. :) So back to my original question - What's the maintenance situation with the site? Any chance of having these items addressed?

thanks!

Melinda

We work on this as we can and when we have time, but you have to remember this is a free program so it can't be something that we work on full time or make a top priority. It's just not economically feasible to do so. There are not very many things that don't work on the Workout Manager and it is a pretty stable product. We've had some issues because of the server move and forum switch, but we're slowly working through them.
But as for the "remember me", all you have to do is go into your forum profile and check the box for staying logged in and that should solve your problem.

Not to dredge up an old post, but I was looking for this specific issue and found someone had already asked about it:

Why is there a "Remember Me" option in Workout Manager if it doesn't even work? You say there's a check box for staying logged in in the forum profile, but I don't see in my forum profile any option for staying logged in. Can you be more specific about where this is? I checked in Preferences and Privacy and everywhere else I could think of, but still can't find this option. It is very frustrating to have to log into Workout Manager every single time I want to log something.

Interestingly, I do not seem to have this problem with the Forums - I am always logged in here. It's only a problem with Workout Manager and doesn't matter which browser or device I use. I understand this isn't a priority for you guys since it is a free service, but this bug definitely dissuades me from wanting to purchase the nutrition membership.

The issue I noticed is old workout saved on interval timer no longer appear since forum migration

Can please something done to retrieve saved intervals.

Thanks

It would be nice to be able to list workouts. So that I can see which I've done. I love having it.

For me, it's better than all the other exercise apps cause I'm adding Cathe plus other workouts. Thanks Cathe.

Not to dredge up an old post, but I was looking for this specific issue and found someone had already asked about it:

Why is there a "Remember Me" option in Workout Manager if it doesn't even work? You say there's a check box for staying logged in in the forum profile, but I don't see in my forum profile any option for staying logged in. Can you be more specific about where this is? I checked in Preferences and Privacy and everywhere else I could think of, but still can't find this option. It is very frustrating to have to log into Workout Manager every single time I want to log something.

Interestingly, I do not seem to have this problem with the Forums - I am always logged in here. It's only a problem with Workout Manager and doesn't matter which browser or device I use. I understand this isn't a priority for you guys since it is a free service, but this bug definitely dissuades me from wanting to purchase the nutrition membership.

The remember me works fine for me in the Workout Manager and haven't really had any reported problems that I know of. If you log out from the forums and then log in you should see the "remember me" check box.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.