Workout cards?

KeriJ

Hi All,

This is my first time using forum so forgive me if wrong place to ask
but I was wondering what everybody does for workout cards??

I’v started to accumulate Cathes dvd and haven’t been keeping track of the weights I use for each one. I’d like to start recording them somehow but feeling overwhelmed.

I was going to print them from her ebooks…but I didn’t know if there is some trick or simpler way to keep track. Do you keep the printed sheets in a binder or hand write them on index cards? What’s the scoop?

thanks for any and all suggestions!

I use Excel spreadsheets for each workout. I keep the written copies in a binder and print out new ones as they fill up. I get the list of exercises from Cathe's User's Guides and Workout Manager. There was a person who shared her "compendium" on the forums (sorry I don't have the link or name (Anna, maybe?), but perhaps another Cathelete has it) that was very helpful for older workouts before Cathe provided the User Guides. I have space on the speadsheets for dates and keep track of the weights I use ... great motivator when I see I've increased my weights over the dates. Before using Excel, I used index cards but that was too cumbersome.

I use Excel spreadsheets for each workout. I keep the written copies in a binder and print out new ones as they fill up. I get the list of exercises from Cathe's User's Guides and Workout Manager. There was a person who shared her "compendium" on the forums (sorry I don't have the link or name (Anna, maybe?), but perhaps another Cathelete has it) that was very helpful for older workouts before Cathe provided the User Guides. I have space on the speadsheets for dates and keep track of the weights I use ... great motivator when I see I've increased my weights over the dates. Before using Excel, I used index cards but that was too cumbersome.
Ok great! Thanks for info

Oh, & Welcome :). I forgot to include ... the Xtrain & STS series have workout cards in Cathe's Workout Manager on this site if you have those series.

Oh, & Welcome :). I forgot to include ... the Xtrain & STS series have workout cards in Cathe's Workout Manager on this site if you have those
Haha you know I started with Cathe dvds that required no equipment…just recently I caved and bought a Step. My Cathe addiction is growing . Not sure if I’m ready to tackle STS yet(equipment heavy). I do have a few dvds from Xtrain tho so I will def check that out .

Thanks again

Thanks! I think I am going to have to try a few diff ways to see what will work for me. I keep procrastinating this arghh

“nothing to it …but to do it”

Well I'm pretty low tech myself. I have been using index cards i put inside the DVD cover for years.

However, I am trying a notebook this month.

Beyond seeing progress, it saves so much time when you have those notes and can preset your weights/equipment. Then you can spend more mental energy on form and progress with perfecting your technique and proprioception within the exercises. I like to keep that in mind as far as progressing...not just load.

Well I'm pretty low tech myself. I have been using index cards i put inside the DVD cover for years.

Beyond seeing progress, it saves so much time when you have those notes and can preset your weights/equipment. Then you can spend more mental energy on form and progress with perfecting your technique and proprioception within the exercises. I like to keep that in mind as far as progressing...not just load.
Oh thats a great idea about putting an index card right in the case! I just got the “strong and sweaty”series so it’s a perfect time to start recording my weights

Thanks

Hey, I too use a notebook to track my records, I find it easy and convenient!
Haha, I do both the index card inside the case AND the notebook for each series! I keep notes as to what weights used, etc. and what premixes are favorites. Works for me and I enjoy doing so! :) Yes, I am so old school! LOL

Last edited:
Haha, I do both the index card inside the case AND the notebook for each series! I keep notes as to what weights used, etc. and what premixes are favorites. Works for me and I enjoy doing so! :) Yes, I am so old school! LOL
I'm already finding that I like both. The card is my quick reference to get ready. I won't stop using my cards!

The notebook is giving me some time to think about the bigger picture though: ..how I feel afterwards, the way workouts work together ...and how the food I ate helped..(or didn't) based on what I did.
It takes more time and I haven't always had the time to take that extra step but I do think it's worth it so I plan to continue to do so. :cool:

I cannot print the Xtrain workout cards. I've tried everything. I have the Xtrain Guide, I followed the directions, but it just takes you to a blank page. So frustrating!
Any suggestions?

I cannot print the Xtrain workout cards. I've tried everything. I have the Xtrain Guide, I followed the directions, but it just takes you to a blank page. So frustrating!
Any suggestions?
Sheffield, I wish I could help you, but I've never printed them. There are plenty of people on here that will be able to offer suggestions. If someone doesn't answer tomorrow, though, you might want to start a new thread. With all of the excitement over the new series, your question might get lost in the shuffle being posted on this one. I've also seen administration answer that they've fixed an issue when someone's written that they were having problems. So, maybe it's just a glitch. Hope somebody helps you soon. It's so frustrating to be in the middle of planning something, only to have technology slow you down.

Any suggestions?
I'm not sure where you're trying to print from, but I went to the workout manager & didn't see any problem with getting the cards ... I didn't print it as I don't use those cards after transferring the info to my own system, but they looked the same as usual. Maybe an email to customer service will help.

That's a great idea Debinmi! I copy and paste the workouts to a workout template i've created and record that way. I like the idea of an excel spreadsheet!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.