workout card gives odd weights

tanline

For example, for a few exercises it tells me to lift, for example, 7 lbs or 13 lbs........not weights dumbbells normally come in. I went back in and changed to 8 lbs and 12 lbs respectively but more work. Anyone else find this issue??....I'm just getting started so this has probably already been addressed.

I believe that the card is giving you the odd wts because it calculates 60% of your one rep max. I had the same thing happen and in order to make the workout go a little smoother, I bought pace weights. They come in a box of 9. Each of them weigh 1/2lb. They are magnetic and are perfect for getting the correct weight. They work very well on barbell plates as well. I also tried them on my neoprene wts and they stuck but not as well-I had to be really careful. You can find them on www.paceweights.com.

I did not get the carrying case, because I am not travelling with them. Even if I were, the box they come in would do fine.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Thanks Kristene,

I'm also wondering if the General Notes are printed with every workout card. I didn't print disc 1 since my printer was out of ink. Today, for disc 2 there is a long paragraph called General Notes about cardio. I hope that isn't on every workout card. Too much wasted ink! I'm grumpy after spending $50 for two ink cartridges!

The odd weight amounts is not a problem/issue. It's simply calculating a percentage of your 1RM and providing the number.

The previous poster mentioned using pace weights, which people love, but they only work well with the non coated dumbbells, I have the rubber ones, and my dumbbell plates are plastic. So I have a variety of 1, 2, and 3 pound wrist weights and weighted gloves I use to match the odd increments.

I believe that the card is giving you the odd wts because it calculates 60% of your one rep max. I had the same thing happen and in order to make the workout go a little smoother, I bought pace weights. They come in a box of 9. Each of them weigh 1/2lb. They are magnetic and are perfect for getting the correct weight. They work very well on barbell plates as well. I also tried them on my neoprene wts and they stuck but not as well-I had to be really careful. You can find them on www.paceweights.com.

I did not get the carrying case, because I am not travelling with them. Even if I were, the box they come in would do fine.

Hope this helps.

Kris

Oh, Those are much more reasonably priced then the platemates. They're still not "Cheap", and maybe not as nice as the platemates, but those I would willing to get. THANKS!!!!

Does it need to be that exact?

Well from my experiences so far, I find those extra pounds really can make a difference. I mean for barbell exercises, if my card has 45, but I do 44 because my bar weighs 4 pounds, I feel that's ok, it's exercises I do with smaller weights for things like shoulders, triceps, biceps, that can really benefit by using the odd weights.

What's great about actually lifting a weight like 13 or 18, is for women especially, the jump sometimes between 12 and 15, and especially 15 to 20 is just to big to make. So for example, you may be doing chest flys with 15's, and it starts to get to easy, but jumping to 20's is a major challenge, and especially for meso 1, endurance, you probably will fatigue too soon. So using a weight like 17 or 18 may be just the thing you need to progress to the 20's. My old gym had 17.5's and 22.5's which were great to continue progressing with strength, I've tried to buy them but they are hard to find.

HTH

Hope this helps.

Kris

Thanks for the info -- I just ordered the 9 piece set without the case! I have weights in 1 pound increments from 3 pounds to 10 pounds, then it jumps to 12, then I have 15, 20 and 25, etc. This way I can use the odd numbers the workout manager is giving me.

Julie

I got one and two pound wrist weights, with a thumb loop that keeps them from moving around, and they let me get most of the intermediate weights.

At the moment, I don't change the weight on my card, just at glance, I go either up or down. For example, if it says 13, I would grab my 12. If it says 14, I would grab my 15.

I did purchase the wrist weights which are 1lb each with the loop around the thumb but I am waiting for them to be delivered.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.