Workout Blender Crashes Frequently

GrettaB

Cathlete
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me do some troubleshooting. I've been using Workout Blender in Chrome on Windows 8 and just recently, the videos will stall and Chrome becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it only takes a moment to resolve, and other times I have to close out the browser and restart. This is very frustrating when I'm in the middle of my workout!

I use the low quality resolution and do not maximize the window, so it's just a small square of the least demanding video available. Can you offer any suggestions for improving the reliability? Thank you!

I am having this same issue, but in Safari on my iPad Air. Very annoying. During my last workout, it got so bad (I was losing momentum and not keeping my HR up because of having to restart my browser and find where I left off in the workout), I gave up and had to try to do the workout from memory. Not nearly as effective.

For what it's worth, I have blazing fast fiber optic internet service, so internet speed is NOT the issue.

Any help???

I am having this same issue, but in Safari on my iPad Air. Very annoying. During my last workout, it got so bad (I was losing momentum and not keeping my HR up because of having to restart my browser and find where I left off in the workout), I gave up and had to try to do the workout from memory. Not nearly as effective.

For what it's worth, I have blazing fast fiber optic internet service, so internet speed is NOT the issue.

Any help???

The Current online Workout Blender is not designed for an iPad, hence the reason your're having a problem. It will only work properly on a computer. Apple mobile devices stopped allowing video playlist with the release of iOS 8. This means that if you try to play a premix from the Workout Blender with an Apple mobile device it will stop after every chapter. When we release our mobile app it will allow us to bypass the Apple Mobile player and use our own player. This will solve your problem, but until then you have to use a computer for the Workout Blender or an Android mobile device. Regardless, you can only create workouts on a computer, not on any mobile device.

Hi, I'm hoping you can help me do some troubleshooting. I've been using Workout Blender in Chrome on Windows 8 and just recently, the videos will stall and Chrome becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it only takes a moment to resolve, and other times I have to close out the browser and restart. This is very frustrating when I'm in the middle of my workout!

I use the low quality resolution and do not maximize the window, so it's just a small square of the least demanding video available. Can you offer any suggestions for improving the reliability? Thank you!

Chrome is the main browser we use and everything seems to be working fine. My guess is you need to clear your browser's cache. This will usually fix problems like this.

I use Chrome OS on my chromebook and the only time I have stopping, freezing, etc (and it took me awhile to figure this out) is when my
chromebook is updating in the background...so I always check for updates first before I sign in and start a workout just to be sure. If it
needs to update, it only takes a couple minutes and then I'm good to go....actually the blender works great on the chromebook.

The Current online Workout Blender is not designed for an iPad, hence the reason your're having a problem. It will only work properly on a computer. Apple mobile devices stopped allowing video playlist with the release of iOS 8. This means that if you try to play a premix from the Workout Blender with an Apple mobile device it will stop after every chapter. When we release our mobile app it will allow us to bypass the Apple Mobile player and use our own player. This will solve your problem, but until then you have to use a computer for the Workout Blender or an Android mobile device. Regardless, you can only create workouts on a computer, not on any mobile device.

But... the Workout Blender USED to work just fine on my iPad, with the exception of having to hit Play after each section. Now, there's a completely different problem. I still have to hit Play after each section, which I have learned to live with. But now the Blender crashes after playing through 5-6 sections, forcing me to restart the entire browser. I didn't have this problem a couple of months ago. I suspect it has something to do with the latest OS?

Using a computer or an Android device is not an option for me (my computer is not in the same room as the tv, and I don't own an Android device), so I hope the app will be released soon!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.