Will there be a kettlebell workout in the future?

amazondotmom

Cathlete
Just curious? I'd like to try this type of workout but only with an instructor that I trust, which is you. You have the best form, pointers, and I feel that I would not injure myself in the process of learning this new trend in fitness. I hope to see one sometime.

I too would be very interested in a kettlebell workout from Cathe. Since Cathe has the kettlebell-to-medicine balls pictured as one of the products in the new Fitness by Cathe line, I'm really hoping that is the case.

Joyce

I personally can't imagine a true kettlebell workout with kettlebells as light as these, but maybe a medicine-ball type workout?

Me too! I've heard these workouts are amazing--there was an article about it in the latest Men's Vogue magazine

I hope she doesn't do one. I can't afford the money or the space for any new equipment. That said I don't have to purchase a kettlebell workout if she does one. I just hope it isn't part of the cardio STS.

>What kind of workouts require a kettleball? kettlebell?

(KettlebEll):
There are many moves that are specific to kettlebell workouts (some could also be done with a dumbell). If you look up "kettlebell swings" on www.youtube.com , you can see some demos of the basic swing, which the the move that a lot of others are based on. It teaches the loading of the hamstrings and glutes, using the lower body to propel the move rather than the upper body, and the hip snap.

You can also check out www.artofstrength.com for some video demos of several moves.

A typical workout consists of a series of moves with a break in between, and the length of the move and the breaks varies depending on your level and goals.

>I like that site, Kathryn. Thanks for posting it!

It is a good one, isn't it?
I think Anthony does an excellent job of teaching the moves and breaking them down.

Thank you, Kathryn and Gail,
Are you girls trainers?
Do you use kettlebells? Do you like them, and why, what is so unique about them?
Rocky

Hi Rocky,

I'm no trainer. I have had the opportunity to borrow some kettlebells and kinda got hooked. I plan to get some next month, hopefully.

I was started using them in conjunction with some CrossFit workouts that call for things like kettlebell swings or turkish get ups. You can sub dumbbells for both of these moves, but there is something about the way the weight is distributed in the KB that makes me prefer them.

Christine(andtckrtoo) posted a good article about them in a thread a couple of days ago. Here's the link.

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=472499&mesg_id=472499&page=3

It looks like Amy Bento made a kettlebell workout that I might have to try. You can't preorder yet but she posted pictures on her blog.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.