Will New Equipment be Necessary with STS

Pippadog1

Cathlete
Hi

Presently I am on the fence about purchasing the new STS. Although I want to be pushed towards buying it lol. However, I have limited workout space. I do not have a squat rack and even if I purchased one I would have knowhere to store it. I have Drill Max and the new 4 day split and all of Cathes workouts but the space I have makes me unable to fully utilise Drill Max and the bootcamp from 4 day split. I know the new STS is not like this but I am just trying to emphasise how the space I have is limited. All my equipment like barbell, dumbells and step are kept in a shed in the back garden.

Is it it possible to make positve strength gains without new equipment or would I be better off joining a gym? I love Cathe but I feel to make real strength gains I may need to join a gym rather than workout at home. It does state in the blog that a squat rack will not be necessary but I feel in the long term it may be. I suppose I could join a gym and purchase the MP3 Gym version. But I didn't really want to join a gym. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Laura
:)

My thought is that if you don't have a wide variety of dumbbells and/or barbell plate, you might need to get more, especially to see the best gains from that last mesocycle (strength). In that cycle, she has you working out at various percentages of your 1RM. I found an online calculator that gave me mine, and I would have to buy a few new sets, myself.

As for the squat rack, Cathe said in her original post that all the leg work in the original filming will be designed for those at home, without a squat rack. She said she would film additional footage with a squat rack as an option for those who have one or plan to get one. So I wouldn't worry about that part.

I don't know what to expect weight wise but I have up to 20 pounds and don't plan on going heavier unless I absolutely have to.

As for the squat rack, not going to happen. I don't have the space or the money and I've always been satisfied with Cathe's weight work for legs.

Missy

Hi Laura,

What type of equipment do you own? I don't think that you will need to expand too much because it sounds as if STS will use what Cathe has already been using (or show modifications).

You might have to buy a couple of heavier DBs but you could save space by buying Plate Mates. I own the 1 1/4 & 2 1/2 Lb Plate Mates. Plate Mates take up very little space and increase the weight to my DBs & BB plates in increments of 2 1/2 & 5 LBs.

jordan

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your replies. I have a variety of dumbells and a bar bell with plates that could get to say 50 lbs. Its difficult to say really because I live in the uk and all sizes are in kg.

I'm 40 this year and my husband has offered to buy me the STS for my birthday. He knows how much I love Cathe and knows I would like it. I think I will probably buy it. I am going to try going to a gym to see if I can make any gains by going to the gym only. Although without Cathes motivation I don't think I'll last long. My strength gains have been minimal of late and I don't think I'm increasing the poundage on my weights as I should be. Presently I'm doing a rotation using Gym Styles and Slow and Heavy ( I'm in my second week). I'm going to give it six weeks and if I don't see some improvement (with clean eating) I may resort to the gym. I'm looking for some serious strength gains. So we'll see. If things improve whilst sticking to this rotation I will probably get the STS.

Thanks for all your advice
Take Care

Laura
xx
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.