will iron woody bands work with the pull up

Joannafit

Cathlete
i had bought these a while back, but have never used them because i could never decide what type of pull up apparatus to purchase! thanks!

LOL! I had to go look up what an Iron Woody Band was. Isn't this like cheating though? I wonder if it's better to use these and do a few more or do as much as you can without the help until you build up to what you can do?

Anyone?

I've never used them, but I doubt you could really use them on our apparatus. Ours is really made to do supine pull-ups, not vertical standing pull-ups.

>LOL! I had to go look up what an Iron Woody Band was. Isn't
>this like cheating though? I wonder if it's better to use
>these and do a few more or do as much as you can without the
>help until you build up to what you can do?
>
>Anyone?

Many people can't even do one regular chin-up/pull-up (which is one reason why SNM invented a device to do supine chin-ups/pull-ups with), and the Woody Bands are one way to build up to doing them.
If you can do them, then I think it's better to do as many as you can on your own, then follow with some negatives (getting yourself up to the top of the move any-which-way-you-can, then lowering s-l-o-w-l-y and with control).

I can tell the users that they WILL work in the supine position. Instead of pulling the band down to wrap around a foot (or both feet), put the band just under your shoulders & pull up. Even with the bands I found myself having a hard time doing regular pull-ups & started in the supine position.

i am optimistic that i could kneel in the band and pull up...that really would not be much different than cathe doing the pull up in the sitting position. We'll find out!}( thanks for the input

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.