Wii - system...

carrie123

Cathlete
I wanted to get the Wii system for my family for Christmas. I didn't take the before Nov. 19 hype so seriously and now the system is no where to be found. Ebay and Amazon sellers are making a killing on these things. I even found someone on ebay selling just the Wii box, they said it'd be a great prank gift. How awful...I don't think I'd pay 15 dollars for an empty box just to get someone's hopes up and then say, ta-da, just kidding...

What are your thoughts?

And if anyone has heard if and when the system will be available again, I'd really appreciate it.

I know when anyone asked me what I personally wanted for Christmas I said, a gift card from Cathe.com please:p

Carrie

Carrie,
My dad is getting this for my two kids but he can't get ahold of the system either. I think they will be more available in Jan. In the meantime, my dad bought them a Wii game (The new LINK) to open w/ an IOU for the game system. A very extravagant gift but the sort of thing he likes to do.

I was just at Best Buy yesterday shopping and I saw a whole bunch there. I live on the east coast (not sure where you live)

Hope that helps!

Hi, I live in New Jersey, and my son just got it last Saturday at Toys R' Us. He had been calling all week to find out when they were getting them in. On Friday, they told him, they were stocking them that night to sell early Saturday morning. They were getting about 100 in. The only problem, he had to get there early, and get in line. We got there an hour before they were going to star selling, and sure enough there was a line. We were able to get it, but it took a few hours, between waiting in line for a slip, and then they allowed maybe 5-10 people in at a time to purchase it. If you really want it before christmas, I recommend you call Toys R' Us, Target, Best Buy, Circuit City, those type stores. They can give you an idea when they will be getting some in. For some reason the Best Buy in my area has only been getting about 12 at a time. Good Luck.

Iris

I too say that you call places like Toys R Us. The one near us are getting some more in next week. Good luck :)!!

Lea

Carrie,

Stores in our area are getting it in periodically. The key is to find out when they expect a shipment. We discovered that our Target was receiving 18 last Sunday, so we got in line outside of the store an hour before it opened. A manager came out and distributed vouchers to the 1st 18 in line (we were #18!!) and we went back when the store opened to purchase it. There were many people upset over this, but it seemed fair. I know that our Walmart received a shipment just a couple days later as well.

Good luck!

Check your walmart on friday mornings. I have been looking for a wii and can't find them either, BUT I went in on a friday no wii but happened to get two playstation 3's in. went to ask if they had gotten a wii in and they said "no" I was going to walk away and then turned around and asked them if they had a ps3 and they said they just got only a few in and I grabbed it, so I am thinking check every friday Mornings. Like me you might just run into one.

I have seen this system in the malls. Seems odd to me watching people swing at images of tennis balls and golf balls. I think I will skip it and tell my kids to actually go outside and play a real game of tennis if they want to play. The video gaming is out of control in my opinion.

I have heard there are complaints coming in on the wii that the paddle flies out of peoples hands and has broken tv's and windows. that is what I have heard on the news

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.