Why Aren't There More Success Story Postings?

Laura, that is awesome to bench 1/2 your weight for 60 reps!! Great job. :D

I did 4 chin ups yesterday--when I was 100 pounds overweight I NEVER even thought it was possible and now I'm doing it!! My next goal is to do 10 in a row and then be able to do pull-ups (which are still elusive). I know with hard work and dedication I can do it!

Sandra

I was training for an Ironman Triathlon in April, in mid training had trouble with my legs, was diagnosed w/ MS. I with support of some amazing friends, I still competed and finished my first triathlon Ironman in April. Now wanting to complete STS with all of you, hoping it will help with my strength:D. So my success are day to day:):):).

meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233cycle3.gif

I have lost 13 pounds!

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 13 pounds!

I reached my goal weight for January.

I am hoping to lose 12 more pounds, then I will be at my Happy Weight.

I am post menopausal and lost more weight after menopause than I ever did before.

I am about the size I was in high school right now and that was pretty lean.

I weighed myself this morning and I have lost 13 pounds!

I reached my goal weight for January.

I am hoping to lose 12 more pounds, then I will be at my Happy Weight.

I am post menopausal and lost more weight after menopause than I ever did before.

I am about the size I was in high school right now and that was pretty lean.

Yeah baby!!!! That is awesome! That's got to be so hard to lose weight after menopause--hey, you're doing something right. :D

I was training for an Ironman Triathlon in April, in mid training had trouble with my legs, was diagnosed w/ MS. I with support of some amazing friends, I still competed and finished my first triathlon Ironman in April. Now wanting to complete STS with all of you, hoping it will help with my strength:D. So my success are day to day:):):).

meezAnimatedBodyshot175x233cycle3.gif

Tammy,

You're amazing!! Keep up the good work and stay strong!!

I am going to post my photo here soon!

Yeah baby!!!! That is awesome! That's got to be so hard to lose weight after menopause--hey, you're doing something right. :D

I don't think menopause is the real culprit in weight loss. I think women just become more sedentary and depressed because of menopause.

I am going to post my photo here - unfortunately, I do not own one presentable piece of workout clothing. I work torn up junky clothing.

I figure nobody else sees me except my daughter.

A side note: My daughter has become my workout buddy and loves Cathe's Basic Step and the Pyramids. She also loves Jari Love and for some reason has a real affection for the Firm's Tortoise.

She has lost 7 pounds!

It is so cool to take the knowledge Cathe has given me and pass it on to my daughter!

Tammy, ITA with Jane-- you are amazing!!! :) It is an unbelievable feat just being able to complete an Ironman without all the added challenges you have and continue to face.

You have given me so much inspiration-- I'll be thinking of you as I'm training for my *little* Olympic distance tris! :D;):)

All the best, and please keep us posted on how you're doing!

I won the Max the Bench contest at my gym this weekend. Women were required to lift 1/2 their body weight as may times as possible. I lifted 60 reps for a total of 3300 pounds. Yeah!

I think my jaw just dropped. Congratulations! My success story? I lost 20 pounds before ever doing Cathe's workouts, but I got more fit than I ever dreamt of being. I went from being picked last in Gym to being able to complete 75-minute cardio sessions (if O so pleased). I also weightlift on a regular basis...and I did this all a year ago, at 17, without a long-term resolution. I've encountered a broken foot, sprained ankle, and back spasms; while these each presented new lessons in terms of adhering to the body's limits, I continue to work out and (hopefully) won't slow down any time soon.

This thread makes a great point. Success begets success, so the little ones are just as important as the big ones. Congrats to everyone who's posted their own successes here so far.

My little success is that I seem to have successfully undone the damage I did over the holidays. When I had my fat jeans on the other day, I was able to pull them on/off without unbuttoning or unzipping. It's kind of silly, but this is one of my measures of where I am with my weight, and it always feels great when I'm able to do that with my fat jeans again (especially since I've been avoiding the scale and tape measure-- the true measures-- for weeks)!

The past few months, I've been trying to work on the mental part of working out and all that comes with it. So today, I had spaghetti for dinner, and I'm having a peice of cake for dessert..I'm not going to let it bother me! We all have those days where our bodies crave things out of the ordinary, and I try to take that as my body is trying to tell me something. Or maybe I'm using that as an excuse...? haha.

Yes, but the "success stories" postings are heavily read

I agree with "Wake Up Eager's" point that too few people are posting their success stories. And I appreciate her gains that she has made. However if one looks on page #2 of this forum, there are a huge number of viewers reading the threads (in the 1,000s!). Some threads have over 10,000 viewers. So it seems viewers are keen on learning about how some have gained successful results from exercizing.

I promise to post my success story at the end of this summer. I have weak shoulders -- especially for overhead presses -- and I am trying out a special program to improve my results over the next two months.

-- David
(age 60 and enjoying cathe's strength vidoes)

My success' since finding Cathe 4 years ago:
-becoming motivated to wanting to work out every day!
-toning up my body to where people say"Have you lost weight? You look great!"
-increasing the weight on my barbell and using heavier dumbells
-being able to do 25-30 straight leg push-ups in a row.
-being able to do 2 pull-ups and 5 chin-ups unassisted
-having my DD say, "Wow mom! youlook at your muscles:)"
-feeling better about myself
-mastering triples back and around on step routines! I'm very unco-ordinated!!!!!!!!!!!
I could go on and on, but these are just a few

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.