why am I so weird?

nsaeolian

Cathlete
I am so weird. I know that Cathe routines are the best, I go back to them over and over even though I have lots of other DVDs. Yet, all I need to do is go on Facebook and see a post about how well someone is doing on some other system of workouts( T25 series in this instance ) , and how they are now a Beach body coach, etc. and I start to think
" Maybe I should be doing that." I never trust that what I am doing is good enough. How can I combat this?
I am certainly no model of fitness. I am 52, and have been a WW lifetimer at goal for over 6 years, but I am short and definitely not as buff as the one who made the post. ( Of course, she is 25 years old too ) . Oh I do ramble....

You are not weird just because you might want to give another instructor besides Cathe a try! Why is it so wrong to want to do this???? IDGI!!!!!!:confused:

Not weird at all. I do it all the time. Buy a new "it' system that is sure to slim down all my problem areas only to end up trading it or giving it away and going back to Cathe.

The truth is it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you mix it up and work hard and be consistent. Keep the diet clean, that's like 80% of the secret.

So my feeling is now this. I LIKE Cathe. I like her personality, I like the speed of the workouts, I think they are fun and most importantly I DO THEM.

Go for what works for you and you are not weird!

Elena

Definitely not weird - I do it all the time. Looking for the perfect product that will be even better than Cathe......(I've never found it).....I justify it by knowing that change is good. Occasionally I DO find another instructor I really like. But I still rely on Cathe for the backbone of my workouts.
Nothing wrong with striving to improve!

I am so weird. I know that Cathe routines are the best, I go back to them over and over even though I have lots of other DVDs. Yet, all I need to do is go on Facebook and see a post about how well someone is doing on some other system of workouts( T25 series in this instance ) , and how they are now a Beach body coach, etc. and I start to think
" Maybe I should be doing that." I never trust that what I am doing is good enough. How can I combat this?
I am certainly no model of fitness. I am 52, and have been a WW lifetimer at goal for over 6 years, but I am short and definitely not as buff as the one who made the post. ( Of course, she is 25 years old too ) . Oh I do ramble....

Question yourself following question:

[/LIST] what you really want to get from working out with those various system.

• Should you have a goal, ask yourself if you have gained what you were expecting within a reasonable timescale. Two to four weeks is not necessarily long enough to experiment the full potential of the program. That being said we can all gain result from almost any program. The real issue is which one do we really enjoy to the point of revisiting them in future? Which one do we learn from (For those who want to learn techiques for examples;);))

• if as you stated, you tend not to trust what you are doing and change program based on the "trend" on Facebook, the chance is you are not fully exploring some of the programs you own. In this case I would say, stick to your plan, program and aim to have a goal. What works for someone will necessarily not work for you.That is just my thought!

To add that consistency is very important.

All the very best and kind regards,

Last edited:
Here's a video to watch which addresses this issue. You are NOT weird, just normal! Please take the time to watch it cuz' it's SO good.

Do This Workout For ONE YEAR - YouTube

Because of this video, I have decided to stick to my current program for 1 year. I know I'm doing the right thing because I'm getting results (both aesthetically and in strength). And I feel pretty awesome too :eek:.

Enjoy :)

Not weird at all. I do it all the time. Buy a new "it' system that is sure to slim down all my problem areas only to end up trading it or giving it away and going back to Cathe.

The truth is it doesn't really matter what you do as long as you mix it up and work hard and be consistent. Keep the diet clean, that's like 80% of the secret.

So my feeling is now this. I LIKE Cathe. I like her personality, I like the speed of the workouts, I think they are fun and most importantly I DO THEM.

Go for what works for you and you are not weird!

Elena
I second that. I always come back to Cathe.

Another Faithful Cathlete here - I look at other programs just to compair them to Cathe. Nothing wrong with looking, but I won't spend money on them.

Everyone's different, tho. Nothing wrong with using other workouts. A lot of folks use different instructors. When you get tired of one, try another one for a while. If you see one and it interests you, get it. It's your life. Do what you want as long as your happy, healthy and satisfied. If and/or when you get to missing Cathe, come on back. Nothing has to be set in stone. You don't have to be consistent with any particular instructor. Just be consistant with working out and eating healthy. - and keep it fun.

Here's a video to watch which addresses this issue. You are NOT weird, just normal! Please take the time to watch it cuz' it's SO good.

Because of this video, I have decided to stick to my current program for 1 year. I know I'm doing the right thing because I'm getting results (both aesthetically and in strength). And I feel pretty awesome too :eek:.

This is so good!!! I really needed this, I am so bad with constantly trying to find the next best workout program instead of committing to one program. His you tube channel Elliot Hulse has some good stuff on there too.

This is so good!!! I really needed this, I am so bad with constantly trying to find the next best workout program instead of committing to one program. His you tube channel Elliot Hulse has some good stuff on there too.

It was hard for me to stick to one program also. For the past few months I have really started to slowly change
my "exercise mind-set". I feel very strong, focused, balanced, in a good place both mentally & physically. Implementing a lot of Elliott Hulse's tips has helped me tremendously. This video was SO helpful for me! I know many people are in the same boat so that's why I posted it :).

Good luck! Glad you enjoyed the video ;)

Not weird at all! It is comforting to know that I was not alone in this thinking!

Mini-natty, THANK YOU so much for the video link - that was more helpful than you could know. Just curious if you would share what your current year long plan is?

Many thanks,

Cyd

Not weird at all! It is comforting to know that I was not alone in this thinking!

Mini-natty, THANK YOU so much for the video link - that was more helpful than you could know. Just curious if you would share what your current year long plan is?

Many thanks,

Cyd

I'm so happy you found the video helpful!

Right now I'm doing a Nia Shanks program, focusing on purely strength with the basic compound lifts. I have just completed my 3rd month of the rotation, going into my 4th. My goal is to get really, really good at this one program, as Elliott has suggested. So far, so good! I'm already busting out unassisted chin-ups and I'm thisclose to DL my body weight :eek:. I'm really excited to see where I will be 8 months from now, so I'm very determined and focused.

Wow! Thanks for sharing this video. He hit it spot on & gave something to think about & gave me new focus.

Mini-Natty,

I looked into the Nia Shanks info - what a great philosophy she has, very motivating.
Are you using Cathe's dvd's and applying Nia's recommendations or does she have video tapes as well. The reason for my question is that I am not great at motivating myself to lift weights without watching i.e. Cathe, or other instructor to follow.
You seem to have gained so much knowledge regarding workouts and you have made such wonderful gains that any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cyd

Mini-Natty,

I looked into the Nia Shanks info - what a great philosophy she has, very motivating.
Are you using Cathe's dvd's and applying Nia's recommendations or does she have video tapes as well. The reason for my question is that I am not great at motivating myself to lift weights without watching i.e. Cathe, or other instructor to follow.
You seem to have gained so much knowledge regarding workouts and you have made such wonderful gains that any help you could offer would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Cyd

Pls check your PM :). I don't want to further "hijack" this thread lol :eek:;):)

thanks

Thanks for lots of great suggestions. I think RapidBreath hit the nail on the head. I tend to think that I'm not good enough in many ways and that is just one of them. I see so many people as better than I am in their lives and I can lose perspective. I saw lots of good advice on here, and thanks again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.