Whose bright idea were those one legged squat thrusts in Meso 3 plyo legs?!

jolene_hajj

Cathlete
Three guesses and the first two don't count ;-) I could hear Cathe's giddiness in disk 32 (meso 3 - week 3 - plyo legs) as she set up the one legged thrusts! Those were absolutely killer and my right leg was definitely my weaker leg! Though I am "complaining" about them as they were tough, I was actually pretty pleasantly surprised that I could keep up (the last two I had a hard time eking out, I admit it!) and felt how strong my hamstrings felt!

How'd everyone else do with these?? Anyone else think they were borderline pure evil? ;-)

Great, I'm starting week 3 this week. Although I think Plyo legs is fun and is clearly a good workout, I actually have a love/hate relationship with these discs. They make me feel like crap because I can't keep up. Legs are my weakness and the cardio burst aspect of these is killing me. I can do all of KPC, but these workouts I feel like the most out of shape person. I end up feeling bad about myself when I'm doing these. Argh.

Plyo legs is definitely challening, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the strength gains from the other mesos that really help with the plyos! :)

I agree - I looked like a total moron doing some of the plyo leg moves in disc 32 last night! It sure was amusing to my husband though who was watching to see how I did - he did his while I was at work so I didn't have the pleasure of watching him struggle through. ;) I will say, though - he couldn't manage the one-legged crazy combos and I managed to get through them all. Score one for me! ;)

I personally think 1 legged Squat Thrusts should be reserved for 1 legged people (no disrepect to those with only 1 leg). Those were killers.

Jean

LOL! that is funny, jean. i think they should be reserved for someone who is NOT 54!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH, it was funny alright, i almost did a somersault among other things, as i was falling all over the place.

and, if you want to know what i think about cathe's evilness, check out the thread, "OUCH, MESO 3 WEEK 3"
cathy

Hey, I know that plyometrics is just about synonymous with high impact, but can you give an idea of how just how high impact Plyo Legs is?

Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.