Who's preparing their garden?

janiejoey

Cathlete
Got both my green houses ready by taking out old debris from last years plants. Bought potting soil, got out the plant heat pad, and tomorrow will start seedlings.

Later will finish up on the soil and fill it with mushroom and I think organic compost mixed in (not clumps) for the seedlings when they are ready to place in soil. Also have a lot of work to do outside the greenhouses. From pruning a few weeks ago, need to clean all that up to and get the outside beds ready as well. If weather permits. This takes a lot of work, but oh so worth it. I know my organically grown fruit and veges will hit the right spot when it's time to harvest.

I got my seeds in the mail today. Already planted peas, just took a few moments. Whew!:confused: Almost missed this planting.:rolleyes:

Who else will tend a garden this year?

Janie

We have our garden boxes ready to plant. We, too, use organic compost from our homemade bin. We have been enjoying salsa all winter from our peppers and tomatoes.
We have never started our own transplants from seed, but maybe some year we will try it.
With the prices of produce soaring, I imagine a lot of people will be planting gardens this year. Can't wait for the fresh veggies!

I hope our blueberry bushes are budding, I guess I need to go check on them. Lemon and grapefruit trees are a little slow getting started this year. I'm not sure how much we'll do in our garden this summer. My in laws have a huge garden and we have bought into a share program through some local growers who we'll get a lot of veggies from. :)

We've got seeds started...broccoli, chard, beets, peppers, tomatoes, spaghetti squash, pumpkin, cataloupe.......

The chives are greening up, the strawberries survived the winter, not sure about the asparagus.

TONS of work to do with the beds themselves and the tractor isn't functional so....anyone got a spare mule? LOL.

Can't wait for the weather to improve a bit..the cold has just been hanging on here in New England.

Gardening

I have planted cucumber seeds and grape tomato seeds in pots to transplant. Planted some spinach/mustard in the raised bed. Blackberries are blooming. Will do the REAL garden in a couple weeks. Gotta get the yard just right for Easter!

Ah, to have a greenhouse! That would be so much fun!!! I'm jealous of you guys' vegetable gardens! I have been wanting to plant one, but haven't. I do love love love my herb garden, though... I planted it a few weeks ago... For some reason, the winter really destroyed it this year... Usually my rosemary comes back beautifully every year, but not this year. So I planted new rosemary, lavender, French lavender, lemon balm, sage, marjorum, basil and thyme. :)

I purchased seeds and planted some tomatoes, bell peppers, okra and squash. The seeds have all sprouted and are growing pretty fast except my peppers. I will probably transfer them to my earth boxes this weekend..... :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.