Who works out with his/her spouse or S/O?

Barbie

Cathlete
My husband has just started joining me with my Cathe weight tapes. He loves the upper body Pure Strength series and calls the Power Hour the Torture Hour.(Unfortunately he watched most of that one while lying on the bed!)

He thinks that the warm ups for these weight tapes are "aerobics"! (It's gonna take a LONG time before he's ready for MIC or IMax!Truthfully I doubt that he'll ever be able to do a step tape.Running,here we come!)

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for keeping him motivated?

Hey Barbie,

My husband works out with me. It took me over a year to get him to try a Cathe tape. I started him with Slow & Heavy. We are now doing Pure Strength together. He will never try a step tape. Just as well. He's so not a "dancer" and the thought of him doing some mambo, cha chas would just send me into convulsions laughing!

Keep him motivated by telling him how strong he is. Even when you are lifting heavier than him. That's what I do!

Good luck.

I'm ready to take the next step! http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/a_smil09.gif

My husband used to do the Firm Volume I with me and then I would run with him. But when I started doing Cathe tapes he got scared off has never attempted any of them. That was in around 1994. He tells everyone that I do those "hard workouts!" Bless his heart!

Linda

Hi Gettingfit and Linda:

Thanks for your quick responses.

Gettingfit:

Which series or tape does your husband like the best?

Hi!

My hubby has been doing the PS and S&H series like religion. I just keep telling him how great he looks. When we workout together we actually kinda flirt with one another... I know, too much information...sorry. The only non-weight tapes he has ever
done with me are Gin Millers Intense moves and The Firm Vol.2 with Janet Gretzky. Even though I-moves invloves a step, it is mostly for plyo-moves. We just love this workout for this reason and wish Cathe would design something similar...maybe Boot Camp will fill the bill. All this being said, my husband has never looked better, has actually gained allot of muscle with Cathe's workouts and is very impressed with her workouts and customer service. This coming from a guy who balances his checkbook to the penny!

There's no law that says any guy (or gal) has to do the aerobics warm up in the tapes. If you have a stationary bike, or some other equipment, he can do a warm up on that.

Just Do It! :)

My date quite often lifts weights with me as well as running, walking and a few attempts at Powerstrikes. To date, we have done the PS Series, Slow and Heavy, MIS, Power Hour and the CTX upper body compilation. I think he likes the slower tapes the best. Consistency is not always on his side because of work, etc. but we do work out when we can.

I don't think he will be doing any step or hi lo with me any time soon as he finds the Powerstrikes pretty choreographed.

In a hectic life with kids and work, it is a nice way to spend some quality time together and I can totally relate to the flirting thing.

Kim

The only thing that keeps my husband motivated (he doesn't workout with me....just in life in general) is.......SEX. It's a great cardio workout as well....200 calories a romp.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.