Who wants step tutorials?

You know the ‘step sweep’ move? I’ve been stepping for years and can’t get it down. I’d love some help!

It’s funny you say this. I have been doing her step videos for years. I can’t remember what video I was doing and I had an aha moment and now I finally get it :)

Boy do I need something like this! Watching Cathe, Brenda and Cedi do these, I wonder how many time they have to stop and try that again!! LOL!! They're so good!

I think this is an excellent idea for those who want to do your step workouts but are 'dance' challenged and think perhaps that doing a step routine is pointless for them. I struggle a bit but now with years of Cathe under my belt I do pretty well. In fact I'm finding I love the step workouts more and more as a way to really use my body in so many different directions, levels, and planes (if that makes sense). And I do enjoy the mental challenge as well. I would love others to feel the same way.

Oh, my gosh, Cathe, I so want and need a step tutorial!

I simply wanted to mention, what would be most helpful to me is if you did the tutorials by workout. For example, if you did a tutorial for the Athletic Step DVD - for the more dancy/intricate moves; and one for Step Moves - for the more dancy/intricate moves; etc.

For me, if I could watch a tutorial that is specific to a workout, I could do the tutorial video, and then be able to go straight to the workout and do it. That would be ideal!

Cathe, thank yo much for thinking about those of us who struggle with rhythm :)

Yes, please. I've always wished I would have been "into" step aerobics but I didn't start when it was new...now I feel completely left out! I adore you, Cathe....work out with you every single day and have for 20+ years! Please teach us how to "step"!!!

I simply wanted to mention, what would be most helpful to me is if you did the tutorials by workout. For example, if you did a tutorial for the Athletic Step DVD - for the more dancy/intricate moves; and one for Step Moves - for the more dancy/intricate moves; etc.

For me, if I could watch a tutorial that is specific to a workout, I could do the tutorial video, and then be able to go straight to the workout and do it. That would be ideal!

THIS. So THIS.

It is so beneficial to me to have a routine broken down in baby steps and then building up to the full combo. I get why Cathe doesn't do extensive breakdowns in her step videos - it would be too repetitive and boring for people who have already learned the routine and are good at step. But for the rest of us who are uncoordinated and slow to learn, it would be so, so helpful. I was excited about the intermediate bonus routine in Step Sync because I thought it would be more like a tutorial, but sadly, for me it was not enough. I'm just that bad. I've shelved that one until I have more time to learn the patterns.

I'm just now seeing this, hope not too late to add my vote, YES! Please! Thank you! I love step but I'm afraid I'll injure myself if I try to keep up with anything beyond very simple choreography, so I only do step blasts. Would love to be able to master a few of the easier combos. Also: if you could shoot some of it from behind, so we can step with you instead of mirroring? that would be a HUGE help - just like in a live step class?

I just wanted to say Thank You, Cathe, for making these tutorials. They are easy to follow and understand. I've been stringing them together in a YouTube playlist so I can even get a little workout while learning too.

Oh, my gosh, Cathe, I so want and need a step tutorial!

I put up a request for this in a different forum because I didn’t know this was discussed here. I definitely love this idea!

Yes, please! Especially with form pointers to support the core muscles and glute muscles properly. 66 years old and still doing your workouts but with modifications for SI joint issues. Thanks for all you do!

I just wanted to say Thank You, Cathe, for making these tutorials. They are easy to follow and understand. I've been stringing them together in a YouTube playlist so I can even get a little workout while learning too.

Yamabachi, and anyone else who might know, I did not know Cathe actually moved forward with making the step tutorials. Where are they located?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.