who has tried P90x

What size bands do you use? Did you buy them from Beachbody or find them cheaper elsewhere? I guess I'd better be getting my supplies. ;-)

I have another question regarding the Yoga workout and using blocks. I can do the triangle and touch the floor with my hands, are the moves in this yoga workout such that I would need the blocks, in your opinion?

i had the set of bands that i bought about 2 years ago with P90. so i'm using the red one.

if you are really flexible, you don't need the blocks.

QUOTE:**I have another question regarding the Yoga workout and using blocks. I can do the triangle and touch the floor with my hands, are the moves in this yoga workout such that I would need the blocks, in your opinion?***

I can do triangle and touch the floor with my hands too. I got the block to help out with the Moon series (this made me think I should get a block, it's a toughie) and also it helps you stretch farther on the seated hamstring stretch (forget the name). You put the block at the end of your feet, instead of just reaching to your toes, you reach your hands around the block for even a better stretch.
I wouldn't get a block until you try the workout, then you can decide if you need it. I only got one block and that's plenty. Oh! I also used it on Crane pose, I rested my head on it and was actually able to do this pose for more than one second.

QUOTE:**sunnyside - i have yet to make it all the way through yogaX!!! is that toward the end?

Yes, it's towards the end. It's called something like "The seven abdominal series". I thought it was brutal. Lot's of just holding position until you die.

wolfie, try it resting your head on a block (the tall way). I was surprised at how this helped me balance. It still wasn't pretty, but it "was"! LOL!

Joanna, will you please clarify why you think Tony is an idiot? I think Tony is a very knowledgeable trainer, so I'm having a hard time with the word "idiot." Granted, he can be goofy and he does have a personality that some will not like at all, but this doesn't make him an idiot.

I'm in the LOVE catagory. I love everything about this series, even the music. This series had definitely taken my fitness level up a notch in 5 weeks. I can only imagine what my fitness level will be at the end of my rotation.

Thanks a bunch for your reply. I think I just might have to get a block because the reviews sound a little scarey and plus your explanation of getting a better hamstring stretch with a block intrigues me. But I will just get one block.

Oh my goodness gracious... your ab descriptions sound brutal! You are still alive to speak about this workout? }( :D

About P90X music: some people say they love it, other say they hate it. I find it completely unobtrusive: I couldn't even hum a lick of it after the workouts are over, and I doubt I would recognize it if I heard it in another context.

Hi all,

WOW, thanks so much for all of the info. given in this post. This series sounds absolutely fantastic and I will probably go ahead and purchase it soon. I love Cathe and have most of her stuff. BUT I would love something new and different(incorporation of pull-ups etc) to switch to when not on a Cathe rotation.

Thanks again. If anyone has anything else to add I would love to hear it. I just love this forum. It is so informative.

Kristie :)

i think that this program will make you just that much better when you go back to a cathe rotation.

I have enjoyed reading all of the P90X posts recently, and I plan to buy the series soon. Thanks everybody for your posts!

It appears that this series is an excellent tool in increasing a person's fitness level. Can anybody comment on weight loss using this series?

Thanks.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.