Who has a tattoo, and where?

>My SO has a lot of tattoos. On his right arm he has a
>wristband, a wavy armband and a crescent moon inside a sun.
>On his left arm, he has a wristband, a Haida killer whale, a
>Haida frog, a Haida crescent moon, a medicine man and he has a
>Haida bird on the back of his shoulder. He also has his
>nipples and ears pierced.

What is "Haida"?

I have a heart with a crown of thorns on left shoulder blade and a symbol for the wind (meaning of DD name) on my right ankle. I would like more, but finances don't allow! :-(

It's been covered a few times here, do a search & check it out. Mine is a rose & stem with a celtic symbol across the stem (I just thought it looked cool), but the center of the rose is really a phallic symbol.

Anyway, I just feel like, "I've been there, done that, wish I could wash it off, cause now EVERYONE has one."

But I have always liked them on men. Maybe it's the bad boy side that gets me. I really , really like them on men. Unfortunately, DH only has a 3x4 on his right shoulder. He's too squeamish with needles. Also, he's another that thinks they instantly make a woman "trashy". Go figure.

Marla

I know this is an old thread but wanted to comment. I have three: a butterfly on my left ankle, a turtle with a hibiscus flower that covers up a surgical scar on my stomach, and a little hammerhead shark on my inside right wrist. May get a tattoo today to cover my 13 year old tummy tuck scar! Yikes.

Would be great to see others talk about their tattoos and revive this old thread!

Last edited:
5! Got them over 20+ years and am open to another! Roses on my inner ankle, flower on my lower abdomen, bluebird on back hip/bum, sun w/Leo symbol on back shoulder, and large floral, viney design with words Strength, Courage, Wisdom on my low back. That one is much bigger than I had planned. The first version wasn't what I wanted, soo I had part of it lasered off and then had it redone. Not the design or size I would have chosen, but ended up really nice and when others see it I always get compliments. Now I want to get something to represent my nieces. We'll see.

To celebrate my mid life crises I help create a piece which includes beads, feathers and bubbles in the small of my back. We were in the SW area. It's really beautiful. However that was a very long time ago and now it has faded some. To much of a scardy cat to brighten it up. IT HURT! LOL

Janie

I have a black and white heart with a barbed wire wrapped around it on my right ankle (yeah, I was 19 at the time!)

A 26.2 on my left ankle, done in a fancy pants script and the circle around it is flowers. Full color

A full color dragon on my lower back

My husbands name in The Old Language from the BDB books on the inside of my right wrist. This one is just black.

A black invisible pink unicorn symbol on the front of my left shoulder.

And the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, Max from the Grinch, and the elephant from Rudolph on my right shoulder. In full color. I want to get that one added to with some snow and such, but I haven't had the extra cash.

I totally want a foot tattoo, but I'm a runner and they take a while to heal. I couldn't be workout-less for two weeks. I'd go batty. But I'm totally open to more. I personally really don't think they hurt. My longest one was 5 hours, the Christmas one, and it didn't really hurt. To me they hurt more the next day when everything is sore from the poking and prodding and then they start to itch, which is just annoying. I can show them at work, but I also try to keep them in places I can cover up if I need to.

Nan

Don't have one, but the coolest tattoo I've seen, a guy had his baby's footprint with birthdate inside. He had three children. Loved it

I have a black and white heart with a barbed wire wrapped around it on my right ankle (yeah, I was 19 at the time!) A 26.2 on my left ankle, done in a fancy pants script and the circle around it is flowers. Full color A full color dragon on my lower back My husbands name in The Old Language from the BDB books on the inside of my right wrist. This one is just black. A black invisible pink unicorn symbol on the front of my left shoulder. And the Charlie Brown Christmas tree, Max from the Grinch, and the elephant from Rudolph on my right shoulder. In full color. I want to get that one added to with some snow and such, but I haven't had the extra cash. I totally want a foot tattoo, but I'm a runner and they take a while to heal. I couldn't be workout-less for two weeks. I'd go batty. But I'm totally open to more. I personally really don't think they hurt. My longest one was 5 hours, the Christmas one, and it didn't really hurt. To me they hurt more the next day when everything is sore from the poking and prodding and then they start to itch, which is just annoying. I can show them at work, but I also try to keep them in places I can cover up if I need to. Nan

I thought about getting the Invisible Pink Unicorn, too! It would be part of a charm on an ankle bracelet. I ended up getting the tattoo covering the tummy tuck scar. Ouchie is all I'll say, although parts of the scar were numb. It's of a blooming lotus blossom with vines running down the sides. So I now have a total of 4. Got my first one less than 3 years ago when I turned 30, and I got the last 3 this year. Tattoos really are addictive!

Last edited:
I have 2: on my right hip I have 3 hearts with a ribbon running through them. Each heart symbolizes my 2 kids and hubby, the ribbon is me - holding us all together.
2: an anchor with a bird on my left shoulder. Anchors symbolize stability and faith, while the bird is for freedom and love.
Love them both and wouldn't change a thing :)

I have one on my inner right ankle. It is my dog with his name and a heart. I cried for a year after he died and now I carry him with me. I love it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.