Who do you listen to?

intensitylisa

Cathlete
:D Music is second on my list of loves second to Cathe. I wondered who you like to listen to? I like the oldies but goodies:
70's, 80's music.
Hall and Oates
Bee Gees
Genesis
Todd Rundgren
James Taylor
Steely Dan
Eagles
Madonna

I love all music, especially alternative rock. My absolute favorite
is Dave Matthews. I could listen 24/7.:7

Late 50's, and the 60's - Leslie Gore, Gene Pitney, Jackie Wilson, the Shangri-Las, etc.

Nancy Griffith (country folk)

Deep Forest (alternative music -- they take authentic voices and songs, for example, people from New Guinea, and jazz it up by using modern music in the background. It's something like Moby)

Moby (love him!)

Patricia

I love 60s (Janis Joplin, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Beatles), 70s, and 80s music. I especially love Gary Numan's music. Wonder if Cathe would ever include some instrumental version of Numan's songs in future videos?

MUSIC!!! Here is one music-crazed lady! I listen to just about everything, from stuff like Ani DiFranco and Tori Amos to Led Zeppelin. Early 90's like Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Nirvana, ALICE IN CHAINS**, etc. I also listen to foreign metal bands like In Flames(from Sweden)and Lacuna Coil(Italy), and local metal and hardcore bands like Killswitch Engage, Hatebreed, Shadow's Fall, I could go on and on!
Tina

Hey there Fembot!!!! I am a HUGE Dave fan...my husband thinks I am nuts.......I could only listen to Dave for the rest of my life and be quite happy. Dave is my fav., but anything alternative is good too....yeah I am almost forty and love everything from Godsmack to Jack Johnson....call me crazy and young at heart.

80's Music!!!:7 Can't get enough of it!!!
Also:

Dave Matthews Band
U2
REM
Madonna
Tom Petty
Enya
Dido
Alanis Morrisette

:) :9 :p ;)

I had to stop & think about this! How sad is that? I have very eclectic (is that spelled right?) taste in music.

My car radio is programmed to the classic rock station--Led Zeplin, Steely Dan, Eagles, etc...However, when DH is in the car it's either country or contemporary Christian. I also like to listen to the station my DD listens to--Dave Matthews, Creed, Pearl Jam. And I still like to listen to Sinatra & Dean Martin with my dad.

I guess it would have been easier to answer what I don't like in music--rap, heavy metal, opera.

}( I used to be a huge heavy metal fan back in the 80's. I liked: Def Leppard, Judas Priest, Rush and Guns & Roses. I even have a tatoo to prove what a metal head I used to be!:D I know dumb isn't it?

I'm a country girl I'm afraid! I love Brooks and Dunn, Travis Tritt, Tim McGraw, Martina McBride(heck I love em all!)
I also listen to classic rock(Eagles,Fleetwood Mac Journey,Kansas,Rush)can't stand the new stuff. I only listen to the classic rock when my hubby is with me, otherwise it's always country for me! :) Susan

Oh, I just had to reply to this one! Since I'm in the car mostly with my 4-year-old son and 19-month-old daughter, my normal listening pleasure is:

VeggieTales for the car
Raffi
The Wiggles
oh, and can't forget the Fisher Price kids!

Sad, huh! :D

Michele

I mostly listen to praise and worship, I only listen to other music when in the car or truck with hubby .... :7 Rhonda

Michele,

Last year my kids were so into Veggie Tales. We had the
Silly Songs CD and we knew every word. I'd crank it up and
we would all sing. My all time favorite is the Bunny song!
Somehow it went missing and we haven't seen it since. We
now listen to the CD that come inside the Honey Nut Cheerios
box.
:7

Crash Test Dummies
Barenaked Ladies
Blues Traveler
Journey

Those are probably my top four. If I could only listen to four CDs ever again, the four I would choose would be by these groups. (God Shuffled His Feet, Gordon, Save His Soul, and Evolution if you're curious.)

I also love:
ELO
Steely Dan
Madonna
John Mayer
No Doubt
Nelly
Bee Gees
Johnny Cash
George Jones

and much, much more.

:D Another Todd Rundgren fan! Alright!!:7
I saw him and Hall & Oates at Jones Beach Theater (NY) last year. Todd was doing his usual solo set. The concert was great.

Anyway, my era is the 70's so I love glam, classic and progressive rock, punk, funk and soul. I also like new wave, alternative, old skool hip hop, latin rock, jungle (drum & bass)and trip-hop.

My favorite artists/bands besides Todd and Utopia are Soda Stereo, Luis Alberto Spinetta (both from Argentina), Roxy Music, Madness, Bowie, Zeppelin, ELO, King Crimson, Yes, McCartney and XTC...to name a few.

oh yes.. been there done that... , but, despite the music, the years with small kids are priceless! My babies are growing up too fast. Our oldest graduates high school this month and is moving 6 1/2 hours away to attend college in Boston. boo hoo I will be a sad Momma Labor Day weekend!
Judy

May God always grant you a sunbeam to warm you... a moonbeam to charm you...& a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you :)

Hi Intensitylisa,

I don't think that's dumb at all. My son has gotten his 40 year old
mother into Metallica. In fact he has two tickets to their concert
in Dallas in August. If his friend can't come up with the money
I guess I am taking him.}(

Gwynn

P.S. Even if I take him it's doubtful I'll do any head-banging!:p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.