Who do you listen to?

I go to the site nearly every day and hardly ever post, yet this is the third reply I've made today alone! I saw one other praise and worship fan out there, and I'm with ya! Lots of Hillsongs, Passion, Third Day, All Together Separate, Salvador, Toby Mac, DC Talk; as well as Diana Krall, Miles Davis, Joe Sample, etc. if smooth jazz fits the mood. No country, though. I gave it a try in college when I was on crew and I just couldn't do it. Fun thread!
CinDee

RE: Kiss Rules!

:) I would have to agree with you Kiss rules! I saw them for the first time during their farewell tour a couple of years ago. An experience I will never forget! I was in the third row front and center and getting smooshed!:)

Here are my faves. These are bands who hung around awhile.

Beatles....I mean, was there anything else?
Moody Blues
Aerosmith ...simply the greatest American rock band ever!
ACDC.....no holds barred, very straightforward hard music with bluesy touch.
Steve Miller Band
Def Leppard
Foreigner
Ted Nugent
Motley Crue
Van Halen
Hall and Oates
Hooters
Billy Idol
Fleetwood Mac
Bee Gees
Duran Duran .......probably the greatest pop band ever.
U2
The Cars
Spandau Ballet
REM
Pet Shop Boys
Matchbox 20
Smashmouth
They Might Be Giants.......weird stuff but catchy

For some lesser known stuff check out:
The Low Road.......band out of Philly who really can jam, folky pop stuff. Hard to describe.
Kix ..... hard rock band from the 80's that simply kicked butt in Baltimore but had only one national hit.
The Models ......an Aussie 80's pop band.
The Subdudes....Primitive Streak is an awesome album with alot of slide guitar

I probably have about 20 others I could put here....but enough for now!! :)

RE: Kiss Rules!

>:) I would have to agree with you Kiss rules! I saw them for
>the first time during their farewell tour a couple of years
>ago. An experience I will never forget! I was in the third
>row front and center and getting smooshed!:)

Hey IntensityLisa are you going to their latest round of concerts (even though they've "retired") with Aerosmith? We are trying to find a way to go to one of them this summer. Someone else was mentioning in Ask Cathe they were thinking of going to one in August that is close to where Cathe is, and then stopping by to catch a workout with her. I thought that would be a blast!

They do put on quite the show. Once you've been to one of their concerts, the other ones are boring - hehe

Oh yeah CinDee, I am definately a praiser of God and I love good praise and worship music, it just makes the whole atmosphere around me change. Glad to hear from ya .... I love those Hillsongs ... I like 4HIM, Phillips, Craig, & Dean, Michael W. Smith, and Steven Curtis Chapman, just to name a few. So glad you posted CinDee :7 ............................ God bless ya Rhonda

Hey Rhonda! I forgot to include Michael W. Smith in the mix, along with Jars of Clay, Watermark, Rita Springer, Robin Cook (P&W with a Celtic flair), etc. Your right about the change in the atmosphere! CinDee

My faves resemble Trevor's except for the last five, whom I've never heard of. I would have to add my favorite to his list...The Gin Blossoms. Heard they might be putting together another CD. The Detroit Red Wings play the Blossoms during intermissions these past several years. Makes me love the Wings even more!

Sami

Fun thread!

I have music I run too and music I listen to. I love to run to Salsa music: Celia Cruz, Mambo kings, Frenesi ( Linda Ronstadt) Dance with Me ( movie Soundtrack), Gloria Estefan.

I listen to: Natalie Cole...anything with a Big Band swing style, Diana Krall....The Best!!, Chaka Kahn, Tower of Power, Jane Monheit, and Cece Winans for my worship music!

Another Praise and Worship fan here... I have Hillsongs Blessed in my car right now. I just cant seem to listen to secular music anymore....Only praise for me:7 Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.