Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Update getting a pedicure omg happy feet why dont I do this more often. Confession all my workouts feel like place holders for someday when I'm more fit...like I'll be happy when mentality, does that make sense? OT shifts and season coming up. Also it occurs to me as I spa around and get hair nails done and go to mall I'm the least fashionable person I know oh well as dd says you do you which is me do me I guess! Ta for now.

Sunday update, PHA TS done, I like the SnS workouts. My place holder comment from above I think means I'm just hoping to maintain some semblance of fitness rather than building or improving but I still hope to someday become the fitness goddess of my dreams, ha ha!. I made a nice green smoothie this morning, about half the stuff came from my patio garden. Off to the wedding in a bit!

Last edited:
Happy weekend everyone! Today did RWH legs.

Jody, I want to be a fit goddess someday too, I keep trying, might be an endless thing? Hope the wedding was fun!

How is everyone else? Winter has arrived here, even though the calendar says it’s fall, kind of like it chilly when I’m sleeping. Not much else here. Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Mary, my OH cousin used her fire place for fist time this past weekend, CO detectors went off and my cuz finally woke up, all had CO poisoning, her 5 yr old 12% per paramedics, aak! They are still trying to to determine source since everything is maintained yearly. The wedding was nice, the couple are young, my kids' bff from 15 years ago, funny how people don't turn out like you think!

Perhaps SNS BC today? Also garden projects, I'm building stands for my containers from wire cubes, similar method as when I built guinea pig cages---6 foot 2 level condo! I put spinach seeds in and kept pulling what I though was grass from the bird feeder seed. Ooops, I think I plucked most of my spinach seedlings, oh well. Short work later today for learning new computer system.
I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and great start to the new week.

Jody! That is so frightening! I’m so glad she woke up! Disaster averted. DH checks furnace everyday, and we don’t use our fireplace. We have seen so much of that in the ER, it’s such a tragedy. Very grateful for all of you.

Today did an Yvette workout, only 45 minutes, and that was plenty of her! Good evening to all! Mary

Hi everyone

I've not been here for ages. Work is just so busy I don't have time to think about posting and then I just want to get away from my computer at the end of the day!

Jody - I'm sure you'll get to a fit goddess (or maybe goddess' assistant?!) someday! Glad you enjoyed the wedding. I love weddings but never get to go to any now. Does it make you feel old going to weddings of your kids contemporaries? That's awful about your cousin's family - CO detectors are lifesavers and not everyone has one. Sounds like you've got the gardening bug bigtime!

Mary - I suppose you see a lot of tragic stuff at work. I can't imagine what that would be like. The most dramatic thing in my work is 'oh, my book's coming out late!'. We've not got winter here yet. I wish it would hurry up to be honest. It's too mild and not normal.

Not only have I been working hard but I've not been sleeping well either - thanks to those pesky midlife hormones. So, I've finally given in and been to the doctor and I've got HRT patches. No great difference yet but it's only been a week so I'm trying to be patient.
Been working out, doing KCM/Cathe/yoga in rough rotation. Also trying to listen to my body and rest when I need it as work and other responsibilities are full on.
I did go to London at the weekend and catch up with my uni friends. It's always good to see them.

Ronne, too bad about poor sleep, that can suck the energy right out of you. Let us know if the HRT helps. According to my Fitbit, I get better sleep than other women my age, which makes me feel very sorry for them since I am still fairly wakeful. Whoop whoop for London and friends : )

Mary, I've never done more than 35 min or so of Yvette! No matter who it is, around 30 min or so I'm like, yeah this is just bullshit and I wrap it up or work to the next logical stopping point. : p

Lisa Tracy and any others, you out there? If so you are on the previous page for me so just a wave for this morning!

Much sadness about the Cali fires. I think my votes are among the recount drama... so many FL jokes. I had doms from the two SNS workouts, BC and PHA, I may do something else from that series today and tomorrow since I'm off work. Toodles~~~

Hi all, sorry to be MIA. Not much working out going on here. Too cold, windy, snowy for riding. I did get in a few walks, one I got a special badge from garmin for exercising when it’s below freezing! The other badge is for exercising above 100 degrees, that’ll never happen! More snow coming tomorrow but dh and I did get in a ride Thursday (our day off from puppy duty actually was same day it was kinda warm, wind was chilly though. )
Sis issue still an issue, surprise! She had a garage sale at my house, nothing much sold (cold) so she took it all to goodwill, a whole box of doilies my mom made and lots of pretty nice stuff. I lost it and broke down crying, it reminded me of when we had to clean out moms house after she died, only this time the person isn’t dead...hope the feeling I had comes across. It’s all so still surreal (again same feeling as when mom and dad died just 2 months apart). I’m pretty sure she won’t give me the home sale proceeds for safe keeping and will give it to creepy. For my protection if that happens I will have to sever ties, I can’t be in this toxic relationship, hindsight being 20/20, I see how she has used me. When/if she comes around I will insist all siblings involved, I can’t do it by myself and I will not let her play is against each other. Sorry to be the Debbie downer, again another reason I haven’t posted.

I don’t have too much energy for personals, know I’m enjoying reading.

Jody, mini tramp as platform for a bed....just imagining the acrobatics you’ll be doing! I don’t do dressy clothes well anymore, love living in sweats or yoga pants!

Mary, did you get a lot of snow?

Ronne, ugh sleep and hormones, hope they help! My sleep has been horrible, I fall asleep on couch watching tv, but as soon as I go to bed my mind zooms around (monkey brain). I’ve resorted to Valium on my really upset days, I hear the doc telling me, just take the Valium! I wish this would all just go away, the feelings are always there ready to erupt. Tears welling up now....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lisa I'm so sorry, it's a loss for you in many ways as was your parents. And you can't ride that stress off like you usually can on your bike. Lol no you aren't going to do a work out in 100 degrees. I'd be hard pressed to earn the cold badge.
I did a split fit today, metabolic and low impact cardio...TS extreme which is to say I skipped an extreme amount of it but then I worked on my patio for most of the day. Ronne I hope you have a nice weekend off from work. Mary you as well! Everyone staying warm? Tracy are you being impact by fires? Night, I'm ready for sleep already!

Hi all! Lisa, I’m so sorry. I wish she could see it clearly and how many lives she and he are affecting. Love to you.

Jody, you make me laugh! A lot of times I think it’s all just bullshit too! Then I look over at DH on his dang rowing machine and I make myself continue, it’s definitely a mind game!

What did everyone get up to this weekend? DD had her last football game of the year yesterday, so freaking cold, the wind was wicked. Today have to get the kids rooms aired out, clean up all the stuff I’ve been hiding in there, they come home Tuesday!!!! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

DH and I did a bike ride yesterday! Wowzers it was cold, 45, but no wind, weak sunshine but we did it! Today is a pivotable day for this mess, I'm not sure which way I want it to go, either way will result in severing relationship, all out of love. Mary, your DH seems like a hiit to be with! Jody, I already know you're a hoot! Gosh I guess I need some of that injected into my life right now

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hello

Lisa - what a horrible time you're having. You're being so supportive, it must be so hard for you. Know that we understand, sympathise and support you. Hope you can move on whichever way it turns out.

Jody - sounds like you've been getting a few workouts in, whatever version you do. I'm not as big a fan of SNS. I have a huge dread factor with PHA, I planned to do it the other week but chickened out.

Mary - sounds like it's colder over there although I think the temps are about to drop. I went out for lunch today and when I got back DH had switched the heating on - sneaky! Have fun with the kids, I'm sure you will. Is term finished already?

Had a really nice weekend. DH and I went to the theatre on Sat afternoon (very last minute, I booked the tickets that morning) and then to friends for dinner in the evening. Then yesterday I did very little, just mooched around, reading and watching TV.
I think the HRT might be working! I'm starting to feel the cold (had almost forgotten what that felt like, I have my own micro-climate!) and had a couple of sweat free nights. Hope this continues.
Did FS Push Day only today.

Mary, ha ha, thanks for letting me express myself, it's just what's in my head! Lucky you have such a hunky motivator. Enjoy the kids this week, I think my gator will stay in Gainesville and work on her thesis. The wedding party she was just in took a lot of travel and time. That is a big band DD is in!

Lisa congrats on the ride. Will you take up Peleton again this winter? How did things go with sis and the house? I've decided to keep my mini tramp as a tramp and not use it as a planter bed. My step has doubled as a coffee table before and my bike as a hat rack. Anyway, we are thinking of you. You don't have to be cheerful all the time and we are hoping for the best.

Ronne, I think you might like PHA if you just did a one through or a two through? But, yes, I have been getting a few workouts in, DOMS included and bits of ABs as well. Today was RWH LB Circ. Movie theater or theater theater? What did you see? Jilly and I went to latest Harry Potter on opening night and quite enjoyed it. I'd like to see Freddy Mercury and a few others as well. Sneaky hubs with the heat...I've been keeping the AC at 77 or 76 since my night shift days in an attempt to improve sleep, I think it helps. Woo woo for the HRT if that's the ticket.

Tracy,hello, what are your Thanksgiving plans? Waves to absent friends~~

Wait, I wanted to add that I've been managing to eat better, lower carb, more plants and greens, and its amazing how just a few days of good behavior can help, I feel better and feel less puffy and hateful toward myself.

Jody, I though you meant bed like you sleep in! Bed plus tramp seems like a fun time, naughty naughty! My mind is just too preoccupied for Cognizant thinking! Very hopeful on home sale but I won't feel 100 until I have it in acct.

Mary, Huba Huba hunky hubby!

Ronne, Jody, Mary, thanks for your stabilizing influence, support , love and prayers.

Hello

Jody - PHA, I do like it, it's just so bloomin' hard but I feel like I'm cheating a bit if I cut it down, stupid I know. I like your multi-use furniture idea. It was theatre theatre (we call it cinema for movies). It was a new play called Wise Children based on a book. It was fab, funny and entertaining, with a bit of music, tears, laughter, the lot. The cast were so talented. DD's been to see Bohemian Rhapsody twice! She's watching loads of Freddie Mercury interviews on Youtube. Well done on the new cleaner you. It makes a big difference when you don't hate yourself.

Lisa - good to see you, girl.

Did the other half of FS today, Shred Cardio, fine on a single riser.

Ah Ronne, I understand, once you start cheating, its a slippery slope, one I've ridden with utter abandon of late. The spontaneous theatre evening sounds like it was a huge success (and makes me want to find a good book to read)! And now I must go see Bohemian Rhapsody!
Lisa, still hopeful for outcome and happy for your reconciliation to what will be will be. My garden and bed combo is more like me reading a seed catalog before I turn off the lights- which is what I did last night.
Mary, your kiddos are home for Thanksgiving today through Sun? Woot woot, enjoy~~~
I considered doing about halvsies of Shred Cardio followed by a home made upper body but ultimately settled on RWH UB Circ--heavily improvised with abs mixed in premix.

Mission complete. At least I saved 1/10 of her assets. Tired. Emotionally Spent. DH stressed watching my stress from front row seat. Health severely impacted, time for us to heal. So I'm going into recharge mode will be MIA awhile. Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you my friends! Kids are home, in their beds and all is right with our world at this moment.

Lisa, just thinking of you! ❤️

Jody, do you have to work this weekend? One good thing about teaching, no weekends or holidays. Reading a seed catalogue? I’d be out in a heartbeat.!

Ronne, I do love to go to the theatre, just wish it was more affordable, after the ticket prices, service charges and facility fees, it’s a car payment!

Hello to everyone else! Mary

Resized_20181122_075344_1283.jpegHappy Thanksgiving! Petrie is going to use the rebounder this morning? and I'll do something quick n dirty before dad arrives and we go to mom and aunt home. I'm off work till Sunday then its full tilt boogie as hospital is getting new computing system so I may do 5 in a row.
Lisa, take care of yourself and heal but don't be gone too long LOL I'm glad that the sale is final I mean that would be stressful under any circumstances even positive ones.
Ronne are you gearing up for Black Friday? Yes I do feel better and will keep going with the momentum. At least I've got lots of green stuff, there's a ban on all romaine in our country at the moment.
Mary have fun with family!
Don't get too worn out cooking friends and enjoy your workouts:).
ETA yesterday ended up being 30/20 HIIT from CF or TTM, today was PHA TS two sets and a few abs to bump me up to 30 min.
SAT Edit: parts of CF and some body weight stuff done. Also watched mama squirrel finish a nest and move two babies in, fun! I might be overfeeding the wild life though~
Final edit: I should have included a coma above lest you think I believe you all to be cannibals.

Last edited:
Jody that pic made me smile! Had a wonderful Thanksgiving it just felt more special having my boys and DILs here with all I've been through. Made a toast to the boys telling them that as I've reflected these last months, they have been my greatest accomplishment in life. Wanted them to know that and carry it with them even after I'm gone. I haven't heard from sis, ball is in her court, I know I can't get through to her about ending contact with creepy so right now I've done all I can. I feel bad for her being lonely but she makes it too hard to give more, especially now and especially that this all happened while we were doing fun things. So it has to come from her. Ya know?

Ronne, kids went and saw bohemian Rhapsody they said it was good. I know I want to see that at some point. The kids also talked about a movie, I think it's older not at the theaters, called 'a quiet place', so on my viewing list.

We took a quick but very difficult bike ride before weather blew in today. My Garmin said I needed 28 hrs to recover!

Hello to Mary, I know you had a great time with the fam.

Here's a sneak peek at what I've been working on, I'm kinda proud of myself!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
01ade91a937fce4d89cf29372c48c3a8.jpg

Hi everyone

The rest of the week got away from me again.

Lisa - glad you had a lovely time with the boys and partners. You deserved it. The quilt is amazing.

Jody - you sound really on top of things at the moment. Hope the consecutive shifts aren't too draining. Actually, I have bought a new phone. I did genuinely need a new one so buying it on Thursday made sense. (Black Friday is actually about a week now!)

Kept up the workouts, finished my mini rotation of Fit Split this week. Also had a day out with my mum doing our annual get together and I got my Christmas shopping started.
Just me and DD this weekend, DH is in Germany watching football with his son.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.