Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hi girls! I have been working all week, went in today, no students showed up, bonus day off! Just finished Cathe.

Jody, grrrrrr! I’m sorry about your bike! No rhyme or reason why people do what they do. I am better, thank you! Took about 10 days, I think because I go to different facilities, I can’t get use to all the different germs.

Lisa, your quilting is exquisite! So, so beautiful. How long are you guys going to have to puppy sit? They are lucky to have you.

Ronne, annoys me too when they are working out around our house. Even if someone is mowing “too early or too late”, I’m like that crabby old man telling people to stay off my grass!! Lol

Hi Tracey and Murphy!

Not much this weekend, chilly here, so wonderful sleeping! Talk to you later! Mary

Update- I did get around to most of the Yvette I had planned to do prior to noticing the bike stolen. Ironic that my good bike lock also stolen along w/ my May the Force Be With You coozie and my Do What You Love tote bag. And I am PISSED because I've lived here for 7 years and kept that freaking bike inside my little condo almost the whole time where it has taken up good space! I do NOT want the Force to be With the jerk and I hope he has to do a bunch of crap he hates! Argh!!
Mary, glad you are feeling better and I hope you enjoyed the bonus day off!

Hi girls!

Ronne, oh the noise! We had lots of roofing noise at DS house. Every roof needs rep,aced over there from the hail storm. DS still waiting for his roof to get done, problem is he has solar panels and the solar company can’t keep up with demand to remove them so roof can be replaced, the next available time is in a year! Roofer is trying to find another solar company (with approval from current solar company) to do it.

Jody, I would be spitting mad! Sunshine ! We had great ride yesterday so enjoyed it! Lol on them not taking the mini tramp. Can only hope karma gets the thieves! The Denver metro area has had a lot of smash and grab burglaries (remember we had one here when there was a bomb scare). People!

Mary, bonus off day! Puppy sitting time, not sure. She peed the crate this week so still can only have her in for 2 hrs, maybe 3. DH seems to enjoy it and I do like riding over there since there’s easily 1/3 less hills but 100x more goat head stickers.

Today I actually got together with my sis. She is very closed off, won’t even tell me where (as in what town) she’s moving. It was an extremely stressful get together. Told her I worried about her said not to worry. Has sold all her furniture, 2 of the 6 dogs, going to give 2 to rescue. My neck hurts now! I think it’s stress from grinding my teeth, or tensing my jaw. I can’t continue worrying or even trying to dream up more ways to get her to open up. We went to dinner and a quilt show, saw quilts from the 1800s! But she had no interest in coming in the house to see the quilt I’m working on, told her I was ready to make hers. I figure she will have no room though so will put it away. She even had to sell her bed to get a smaller one. I really want to wash my hands of it all. So conflicted, I’m rambling. I so look forward to a ride tomorrow, weather turning perfect!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lisa, sorry about the ongoing craziness w/ your sis. I'm guessing no actual leaks in the roof that needs repair? Ronne, did your dtr replace her bike when it was stolen? She had to, I think, as its her transport around town and school? I hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I did an Yvette, well half of one, mostly cardio. I did a police report on stolen bike, seems like there were several incidents. I'm enjoying the birds at the feeders and I'm going to try to get some tomatoes going from a Florida seed that does well here. Ta for now.

Last edited:
Hello

Jody - aagghh, bike thieves, I hate 'em! That's especially annoying as you'd kept it indoors all this time. Yes, DD got a new bike, like you say as she needed one to get around. We didn't get as nice a one this time but we got a much better lock! We did also claim on the house insurance so got a bit of money towards it at least.

Lisa - that is so hard for you with your sis. I presume she hasn't gone to the police about all this? There's not really a lot you can do apart from try not to stress about it too much.

Mary - bonus day off, how lovely! Hope you didn't do any cleaning!

No exercise for me over the weekend. Went into town on Sat with DD and enjoyed hanging out with her. Then yesterday we went out for lunch to local pub and I had a very nice nut roast. Loving all this autumn sunshine.
One more week of rotation to go. Today was CCC - I just did three all the way through which took it to about 32 mins in total.

Hi all! I have been working, cleaning, yard work, shopping and working out!

Ronne, what’s a nut roast? Peanuts? A roast beef? Or a combo?

Jody, will house insurance cover your bike? I know DH’s bike is really pricey, or is it worth a claim?

Lisa, I’m so sorry about your sister. It sounds like an absolute nightmare. I can’t imagine. Prayers for her and all of your siblings.

Have to get dinner going, have a good night! Mary

Hello

Mary - a nut roast is a load of vegetables, nuts, etc. cooked in a loaf tin. Veggies often have it with a roast dinner instead of meat.

Two more days to go on the rotation. Cardio Slam and abs done today. I see a yoga week on the horizon - think my body needs a break. Four weeks of Cathe and I need a break!

Ronne, where are you pulling your yoga rotations from these days? Nut roast sounds good, one of my camping buddies used to make a lentil loaf I really enjoyed with a nutritional yeast gravy- it was the bomb.

Mary, the deductible probably makes it not worth it to turn in. I've wondered if I manifested this theft by wishing I had a lighter straight bar bike but knew I'd never justify getting a new one while I still had my other one. I'm sure your dh keeps his bike tucked away. He uses it in triathlons and other racing type events?

Lisa are you riding or hiding? Or just quilting, lol? Tracy I hope you are working out, holding down the west coast fort for us!

I did an Yvette, heavily modified for time, intensity, plus plus plus....it was a medicine ball cardio thing that included abs. I've turned into the a weird bird lady, I have 6 feeders on my patio and also working on a square foot garden. Have a great weekend all, and Happy Halloween, this is the weekend for such parties, right? I'll probably watch a movie, maybe Dunkirk?

Jody, I’m not riding or hiding (that was funny), last weekend we rode, not sure if you saw on fb suki got a fish hook stuck in her paw when we let her off the bike around a lake. Stranger took us to animal hospital, $120 later, she never knew it was there. Had to find way to get back to dh and the bikes, called sister since I was supposed to call her anyway, this really broke the ice. So had a heart to heart with me speaking like a mom chastising her for the scumbag and trying to come up with another plan to get her to stop! Thankfully weather was mostly yucky. Yesterday raking leaves and windy, heading out for ride today, then snow this week.

Ronne, dh always has to have his meat, sometimes I can get away with a meal with none, but not often.

Mary, help! My house really needs cleaned! Puppy is so darn cute but going over there and sis has robbed my time. DS did come help us rake the leaves, what would have taken us 3 days I think they got done in less than an hour, oh and we finally got our old big screen tv ecycled, so they recognize what help our puppy sitting is and are reciprocating.

So, wish me luck on sis, she closes on her house mid nov to move to apartment. If she strays from plan then this. Is. It. I’m done with her. She did get new cell phone number and said she isn’t talking to scumbag, I hope she’s telling the truth. She wants me not to tell siblings, well I have because I need their input and help if I’m on the right track. Unfortunately I tell her I haven’t talked to them about her, only quilting. I hope I’m forgiven for this one small lie!

Oh and thru all this stress, several skin cancer spots have appeared, if they don’t go away, I’ll have to go to dermatologist next year and have them cut ou, one is back in corner of eye. I told sis she’s killing everyone with all this stress she’s causing and shortening my life, to get out of the land of hoping and wishing and get to reality.

Last edited:
Good morning! Have been working out, we had a wedding on Friday, yesterday was football, Costco today.

Lisa, that’s not a lie! You need to talk to your siblings and get support. I hope she is telling you the truth. Prayers for her and all of you!

Jody, DH keeps his bike in the house, we aren’t really allowed to go near it! Lol, he LOVES his bike! Weird bird lady! Haha, we will have to get you a hat and some binoculars!

Ronne, I think I will pass on the nut loaf. I’m a terrible eater! Hope you had a good weekend.

Hi to Tracey and Murphy! Talk to you later! Mary

Hi all, I did some rounds of upper body weight stuff while listening to a fun Halloween themed playlist on Spotify, so you can call me festive (if not fit). I had a big bowl of greens from the garden (yea!) and accidentally licked the cat food spoon (ICK!)

Mary, I'm way ahead of ya, got a hat, binocs and two bird books! I have used the binocs to get a real close up of what the birds are selecting from the seed and I also zoomed in on a toad - he had lavender heather petals stuck to his bum! How was the Costco haul? Have you adjusted now that you have fewer teens in the home full time?

Lisa, I've not been on FB lately, sorry to hear that about Suki but glad you were able to have it fixed. Good luck to sis w/ her home sale and move. Hopefully she's done w/ creepy.

Ronne, by now congrats are in order for completing the rotation. WTG!

Waves to Tracy and Murphs, hope all are well.

Hi fit babes! So happy to see you all!

Lisa, I took back the Seattle weather just this week. Bleah. Rain from now until June! Took the doggies out for a walk yesterday and I can't take an umbrella with both of them. We were soaked to the bone! Riley ran up and down the hallway at 100 miles an hour afterward trying to dry off! That's great you found the cause of your QL pain! I have aches and pains too, but mostly stiffness. You asked if my new job was that good that I don't mind working on a day off. I'm one of the people to call when it's an emergency so in that sense, I didn't mind! But honestly, if I could retire tomorrow, I would. And you are too funny--going to your mj dealer! I bet I could get one too just like yours! I forgot what it is that you make edible-wise. I may try it sometime. I truly think you can be Suzy homemaker and Happy hippie! We are all multi-faceted peeps. And the pictures of your quilt--O-M-G--GORGEOUS!!!! Wish I was one of your relatives! I'm rarely on FB so I missed the adventure with Suki, I'm so sorry! I'm glad she's OK! I really hope your sis does the right thing, I don't like that your stress from it has manifested on your skin! Prayers to you and sis!!!

Hi Jody! The sewer system is fixed but we had no building to go to for 2 days. It was crazy! Fortunately, we were able to go to my previous building to work (some of us, we couldn't bring everyone) and it was as if you went to another hospital in an emergency--the offices were different, the supplies were different, the desks we worked at were different but it all worked out. The visit with my friend was great! It was a beautiful day and we took her and her husband around town and showed them the cool stuff here. I'm glad you like John Oliver! I completely understand loving your Corgis but not missing the responsibility. DH and I think Riley will be our last pup, for the same reason. We want to be able to go anywhere at the drop of a hat again, like we did before we got BB. That's sweet of you to say our dogs are lucky to have us. But they make me smile every day! I think FL should be next to legalize mj. Before it was here, people got an Rx for medical mj. Is that possible for your mum? I think DH has perfected the skill of puttering in the garden. He did it today between rain drops! I'm so sorry your bike was stolen--that sucks! I hope the police force be with that bike stealing jerk! I did lol when you licked the cat food spoon--I've done it with dog food! I think that's awesome you ate a big bowl of greens from your garden. That is so rewarding!!

Hi Ronne! I am with you on dvds with the chapters and premixes. Beachbody only has streaming now and I was on the phone with them for probably 20 minutes the other night trying to get it to work. And earlier this year, I would be working out and the stream would freeze. The only way to get around it was to start over and fast forward. I even said to the person who helped me, "I'm sure you want to leave a smaller carbon footprint but I really wish they would release the workouts on dvd!" I'm sure it will get nowhere. Were you able to o work away from your computer? I always feel like a slave to mine at work. Good for you sticking with Cathe for her rotation! I needed a change, hence my issues with Beachbody!

Hi Mary! I cleaned out the fridge and freezer this weekend and cleaned the interior of each. I was pleased it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. I LOLed about DH and his bike in the house no one can touch! I guess if you do need anything be in the best condition, inside the house is the best place. Oh! you said you shopped among doing workouts, cleaning, etc. Please share what you shopped for. Perhaps I can live vicariously through that too!

Things have been a bit stressful at work, but I'm still working out! We are leaving Riley out of his pen more often so I can get my sweat on again--yippee! We've had a bomb threat that evacuated us for the rest of the day, a car bomb threat that kept us locked indoors and unable to leave for 3 hours and the same thing happened to the last building I worked in. (We do know who it is and he's out of the country. But we cannot assume nothing is going to happen.) As a result, we are basically cancelling Halloween for the kids to come to work. It's such a shame! I also realized this week that one of the people my supervisor would like to nominate for an award is the most toxic person in the office. I will have to explain this when she gets back into the office on Tuesday. She's awesome but I am not looking forward to it!

Here's to a healthy week for you!! Tracy

Hi everyone

Tracy - wow, that's a lot on your plate! How terrible about your workplace. Without getting too political (!), are things getting worse as people feel freer to be awful? It must be very worrying for you. Hope you're enjoying time with dogs to destress!

Jody - well done on the (spooky!) workout. Cat spoon - YUCK!!!!! Sounds like you're becoming a proper birder. My DH will be pleased :)

Mary - I love weddings! Not been to one for ages. Was it fun?

Lisa - poor Suki, how horrible. Hope your sis is OK and finally free of this guy's clutches. You did right to talk to your siblings, it's too stressful to keep it to yourself. Hope it's good news for your skin cancer spots. I'd say have a holiday if that wouldn't stress you out :p.

So, finished the rotation, go me! Did some yoga today, will probably alternate bootcamp stuff and yoga this week. Work very busy but had a nice relaxing weekend. Went shopping yesterday and ordered a bright yellow waterproof coat - I'll look like a fisherman! But it made me smile.
Going to a planning meeting at the town hall this evening. Last thing I feel like doing but I'm doing my good citizen bit.

Everybody is here!! Worked today, did a Cathe live today.

Ronne, I love a yellow rain coat! I used to have a nice thick one, kids lost it. Wedding was ok, they said it started at 6:30, they didn’t serve dinner until 8:45, I was starving by then! Bride was beautiful, looks like Carrie Underwood.

Jody, you bring me so much joy! Lol! Bird books too! We like to get water from Costco, I like Propel, so much cheaper than regular stores.

Tracey, very scary about the bomb threats. I am very confused about the state we are in, I’m sorry you have to go through that. As far as toxic people, there is always one in the group isn’t there??? Whenever I get new students I play a game in my head, “Which one is it??” Usually, I’m right, sometimes surprised! I am an absolutely awful person.

Lisa, how are you?? Hope you are being good to yourself!

Have to get dinner going, have a good night! Mary

Hello everyone! If anyone is out there! Have been doing Cathe and Yvette. Finally stopped raining here today, only to return tonight! Argh, I’m going to enjoy this sun today tho. Haven’t been up to much, working, cleaning, working out and dodging the rain. Hope everyone is well! Mart

Hello!

Don't know where last week went. Sorry Mary, you've been left all alone here!

Work was bonkers last week but it looks like this week might be a bit more normal. Did a mix of yoga and Cathe last week. Today I did a Patrick Goudeau metabolic thing - it was really tough.
Going to be busy socially this week, meeting up with friends three times which will be really nice. Then I'll need another rest!

Hi girls, sorry to say not much working out or rides for me. Weather, ick! Deep in sister doo doo. Moved her this weekend, boys so sore, so much crap. Found out she gave creepy her new cell number after telling me she didn’t. I’m pissed about that, hanging in until closing, reevaluate then, tired of getting used. Had long talk with her bf from fl that is here helping her. Won’t say shit to anyone but wants us for what she can get,

Jody, I want to fly like a bird, ride the wind currents!

Tracy, how old is Riley now? Our puppy duty is down to 4 hrs a day. She’s getting so big!

Mary, DS came and raked our leaves for all the puppy sitting. His roof finally gets replaced Wednesday.

Ronne, that sounds delightful, can we trade places? Pretty please? With sugar on top?

Hi a quick pop in from me, I've done some workouts in the form of body weight stuff and some Yvettes- using the term workout loosely here. I'm trying not to obsess over gardening, I'm pretty sure it would be much less expensive to go to Aldi or Trader Joe's or even Publix to get my green stuff! Good dirt is expensive and I don't really even have enough sunlight on my patio for what I am doing. My time and money would be better spent on travel obsession or health and fitness, jeez, I'm about to turn my mini tramp into a platform for a raised bed.

Lisa, moving is so stressful even under the best of circumstances. Do what you can and try to let it go. All the Al-Anon stuff applies, keep your side of the street clean and hopefully things will work out for her. It may be an expensive bottom for her though.

Ronne, I hope you have a lovely week w/ friends! I haven't seen my dancers much, but did have my Brit friend visit briefly yesterday for garden stories and smoothies and she's just back from Italy. Congrats on finding a little something you enjoy wearing, it sounds lovely!

Mary, I have to go to a wedding this Sunday, one of my dd childhood friends. I'm sooooo faaaaat, I don't want to find a dress which is what I should be working on right this minute. You are probably an excellent judge of character, but good that you are open to being surprised as well!

Tracy, LOL at may the Police Force be With You! I will try to pick up some OT and then shop for a new bike soon. Toxic people are tough to deal with~ and it can be hard to not get sucked into it all. Speaking of divisive controversy, happy election day to US.

Hi everyone!! Today did old school Tae Bo, you’ll al be glad to know I can now count to 8.

Jody, sooooo faaaaattt? I think you mean soooo phat! Have fun at the wedding, hopefully good food and drink! (Can’t talk about the election, I’m a bit disappointed in our governor outcome, also yours. Don’t tell anyone else.)

Awww Lisa, I’m so sorry, she just can’t give him up? It’s easy for everyone on the outside to see how he is manipulating her, I guess when we are in the midst of it, it everyone else who is wrong, then later we see others were right. (does that make sense?). I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Ronne, Patrick G is brutal! I don’t know how he does it! He’s so tall.

Have to do some errands today, back to work tomorrow, have a good day! Mary

30 minutes of an Yvette today- the balance of previous bootcamp bodyweight one I worked on previously. Mary, afraid so, I'm a my hefty weight at the moment. I bought a Miracle Suit, what would really be a miracle is I could roll some of the tummy stuff up higher and make a nice rack! I was a disappointed at well about some of the election results. Well workout done and green juice made, plus I have plenty of greens for a salad and smoothie. Hair cut and color/glaze today, maybe something light reddish brown?? Have a good one!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.