Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hi all, hope everyone is getting in their workouts! I’m getting in rides, even in the hot weather we’ve had. 90s ugh! Jody, no matter how many rides, my fitted pants are still tight. Good thing I don’t have to wear them much! Sis issue is still in chaos. She’s still talking to the guy! She’s doesn’t seem to be taking any of our advice, but she is at least talking to us, won’t help when all her money is gone, and there isn’t much left and that will probably have to go to pay taxes on her ira withdrawals. My other sis says she’s done and is only helping out for my brother. My brother is seeing now how my sis is, he thought he could talk some sense into her. I’m realizing I couldn’t have stopped the train wreck, I’ve bounce through all the stages of grief, at least I can finally talk about it without crying (me and my other sis burst into tears last wed when she was thinking about sending this guy even more money! Like close to her last 5k! I don’t know where this will end up but I’m trying not to let it affect my health. I do have an appt with dr tomorrow to address bp issues, and maybe get something to calm me down, sometimes even my MJ doesn’t help! My brother got some Xanax, it’s been super stressful for us all, especially when she continues talking to scumbag guy and claims she didn’t send him anymore money but he still calls? I so hope she’s not getting a loan with her good credit (that’s something I read that they talk their victims into). Anyway, I’m here and trying not to let it affect me too much, easier said than done. Dog sitting starts tomorrow for my son, the pup is a cutie. I’m refraining from any posts on fb because I don’t want my sister to know my biz. I’ll post a pic here. Again sorry for lack of personals, I’ve been exhausted with all the emotions. Please say a prayer that things work out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Look at those wrinkles!
b8654f9b61c64e9bd56e9858c71c316b.jpg
c83226f714a0f6df439330cc2ef44688.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Lisa, OMG! So adorable! Almost better than a baby!
I’m so sorry about your sister, so hard to even comprehend. There are so many bad people out there, how do they live with themselves? Thinking of all of you. ❤️

Just got back from Dr. Adding a 2nd BP med since as she put it, there's no end in sight to all this stress. My BP was sky high, Suki woke us up at 4am and I never got back to sleep and started fretting about sis, I would not put it past her that she sent money to scumbag guy. Then get up and the police had a HUGE presence right in front of my house, 10 police cars, turns out at 4am there was a string of robberies in the area, they dumped stolen car and stole another on our street along with suspicious package. Bomb squad called in, I'm on edge on how much this guy knows about me but neighbor gave me better scoop than police. So stopped worrying guy had a hit on me but still have a lot of anxiety. Doesn't help that DH is gone puppy sitting. Anyway, Dr couldn't believe all the stress, and from what I told her she said since there's no end in sight to add another BP and take valium. I just want this mess to end

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hello ladies

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted! Just head down busy with work really. Been keeping up with the yoga and today fitted in a TTM premix which left me pretty winded!

Lisa - so sorry to hear that your sis is still entrapped. And then the bomb squad. You need a holiday - get away from everything!

Mary - the film I went to see was Cold War (black and white, Polish, fab!)

Are you ready for more puppy cuteness? I feel this pup has been put in my path for a reason! Sis now not talking to any of the siblings all because we won’t bail her out with money, former bike friend hasn’t been riding this year because her husband is now retired and she cut me off while I was in tears over all this crap and never sent even a text apologizing and asking how I was. My 2 good friends are standing by me and checking in, funny how bad things bring out who your real friends are!

Ronne, yes! I just want to run away either into the back woods or a deserted island! IMG_1221.JPGIMG_1220.JPG

Olive??? So beautiful! Lisa, I’m so sorry. For your sister, friends. I hope your sister sees the light soon and realizes the love and support you are all giving her. Such a nightmare for all of you. Friends that are there just for the fun aren’t the ones you need. I’m sending you love and prayers.

Ronne, I haven’t heard of that film. The other evening we watched Tag, so funny, DH was rolling on the couch and was so loud we had to keep rewinding!

Hello to everyone else! Finally has cooled down here, so welcome! Have a good day! Ma4y

Hello

Lisa - glad to hear you're getting some support from good friends. Have fun with the pup!

Mary - I'd like to see that film, it looks fun. I'll add it to my list!

Not a lot to report. Coming to the end of my yoga programme. I might have a go at the October rotation if it's not too scary. Meeting up with a good friend tonight for drinks and dinner, looking forward to a good catch up.

Hi everyone! Today just took a long walk with the dogs, I got sucked in to the Supreme Court hearings!

Ronne, have fun with your friend! We are going to Pittsburgh for the weekend, visiting DH’s brother and wife, they are running a race on Sunday. Should be enjoyable.

How is everyone else doing? Lisa, I hope things have settled down. Have been thinking of you. Jody, thinking of you too. Hello to Tracey and Murphy! Talk to you next week! Mary

Lisa that is a sweet looking baby and great quality pics! I can't imagine some of that craziness. I guess Suki heard the robbers and maybe she rescued you? Actually, the hard part may be coming when sis is destitute and you will be having to deal with that and no amt of I told you so will help. Yes keep taking care of yourself and keep an eye on BP. JFC, I mean, you have break ins in your neighborhood etc and you are relieved its not sis malevolent boyfriend out to get you. Its hard not to tell sis to bite the weanie cuz at this point who needs that kind of drama, that is terrifying.

Mary. Just Mary. I can't even go there on the hearings. I hope the weekend is fun and good luck on racing. Oh dd told me she is going to a wildlife conference in Cleveland in Oct w/ her society. I'm definitely staying home, no travels for awhile.

Ronne, work still busy? I just flipped over my calendars to see Oct. Speaking of rotations and work out plans, I hope to do some next month?!

Tracy, I think I've said congrats on the job, I hope its still going well.

As for me, I think I've just had the flu or something, low fever for 5 days and cough, etc. Work is stressful cuz of changes in computer system, supervisors and personalities - I just keep my head down and try to do a good job w/o bitching or co sign other's BS and eventually the dust will settle. I actually missed a day of work with recent illness, prob one of the only times I've ever called off work.

And mom's IRS letter was a big thing but hopefully that is resolved. (usual mom probs)

Patio garden-I've been eating swiss chard from my little raised bed garden and just planted some lettuces seeds and all the flowers are doing nicely. I put some mint and cat nip down in a shady spot and added another feeder. OH and bathroom demolition starts tomorrow. Also, I'm wondering if maybe further renovations should be done all at once w/ a home equity loan, keep things consistent through out the house, etc. I'm talking kitchen, popcorn ceilings, painting, some crown molding, etc.

I miss you guys. I decided to start checking in even if it's to state my intended workout rather than a completed one, ha ha.

Last edited:
Happy October! I'm going to fill another little raised bed garden and I'm dressed for a workout---> probably a walk and some body weight stuff outside; my workout area is out of commission til IDK when. Construction is going forward on bathroom, yeah. New birds are showing up at the feeders. The flu/cough issues are still improving and I worked the weekend.
Mary, I hope your weekend was fun! Ronne, what did you decide for new week new month rotation? Lisa, could you understand my ramblings? I'm sending happy vibes your way! Smiles and waves to all~~

Hello

Jody - good to see you. Sorry to hear you've been ill, that's horrible and combined with work stress as well, yuck! You've got greener fingers than me, I couldn't imagine growing anything I could eat. Well done for getting your workout gear on, that's a start ;)

Mary - hope you had a fun weekend in Pittsburgh.

Yes, I decided to do the October rotation, it looks adjustable. I've already swapped the opening day, did ICE Cardio plus abs.
My parents were visiting this weekend, we got some jobs done. Also went out to a local garden centre with parkland. Very nice early autumn walk in the sunshine. Bought some more bulbs to replace the ones that the squirrels ate, just got to get around to planting them. :D
Work still pretty busy though my concentration's a bit iffy for some reason.

Hello! Weekend was nice, Pittsburgh is SO hilly! Got some active time just walking! Did a Cathe workout today and yesterday, come to think of it, after we got home in the afternoon.

Ronne, those darn squirrels! The deer eat everything here. Unlike Jody, I can’t really grow anything.

Jody, I know about the hearings, it was like a car accident, I couldn’t stop watching. Just made me insane. I hope you are feeling better. A new bathroom?? I would love one!

Lisa, how are you doing? Feeling better? Thinking of you.

Hello to anyone else! Have to go walk the dogs now, sun sets so early here, by 7, feels like I have less day. Talk to you later! Mary

Hi all, sorry to be MIA, last week was nuts. Puppy sitting going ok, finally in 2nd week and dh and I getting into a groove with what we need to do and what to bring to keep us occupied while puppy is in crate. We have a schedule all mapped out to follow. We did take our old bikes last week to ride while puppy was crated, well it’s a rural area and the 1 bike path we ended up on wasn’t groomed, ended up with goat head weed and 4 flat tires! The tues last week, sis got irritated because the sibs won’t buy her house and charge her half rent so she’s cut ties to all of us. I worry, I’m sad, she doesn’t want emotional help, only financial. She refuses to quit talking to this guy (why we don’t know), she refuses to file fbi report because she says she feels stupid, I said let’s try to make him pay, she says she’s paying that’s enough. I still have a hard time talking and thinking about it, I was so worried she’d do something suicidal last Friday (the 16th Anniversary of our moms passing). Police haven’t come so I figure she must be ok. We had more puppy sitting Friday night and Saturday (DS proposed to his gf), so cycling has been limited especially with cool weather coming , we finally got a long, hard ride in Sunday late afternoon, then today we did some exploring around DS house avoiding weeds and taking good bikes (flats on old bikes still not fixed). I’ve been shopping for fabric and quilts and they are piling up! I take my little sewing machine to DS to put quilt tops together and save the quilting on the frame with the longarm for when I’m home. I have a lot of irons in the quilt fire! Thanks for listening to my rants about my sister, and my cycling neighbor (she’s now blocked from seeing any of my rides on strava app).

Jody, I planted cat nip years ago, grows like a weed! It’s everywhere and no cat anymore! I wish I could grow tomatoes like down in Florida, I miss good tomatoes. Yes your rambling sounded fine. I do worry about her ending destitute.

Mary, I didn’t watch hearings but the snippets I saw irritated me, gonna say no more I don’t do politics!

Ronne, this puppy sitting feels like a job! But it’s keeping my mind off things, er, well somewhat. My mind goes crazy at night, last night was finally a decent sleep, probably because we finally wore ourselves out cycling. I’ve tried meditation, it’s hard for me!

Hello all! Today did a Cathe live. I have been productive today, I worked, cleaned the house AND worked out! I don’t have that kind of energy normally!

Lisa, I’m so sorry about sister, what an absolute nightmare, for all of you. One day she will definitely realize all the love you are giving her.

Ronne, we have a hill right behind us, I would love to fill it up with bulbs, I think it would be so beautiful in the spring, just all the dang deer, they would eat up all my work!

Jody, are you brand new yet? Hope so.

Now, gotta walk the girls, make dinner , shower, then I’ll be done for the day. We bought a weighted blanket, I’m excited to try it out tonight. Supposed to hug you while you sleep and help you sleep better. I’ll let you know. Mary

My garden was less magical this morning; there was a dead rat! I went for a bike ride and walk where I also noticed this dead gator in a canal and this cute tortoise munching grass. I'm working the next two days and work continues in bath, I'll share a before and after when it's done. Mary good job with all that. I'm usually a one big activity a day as well. Lisa I meant to Google the tire killing weed. Ronne the chard came up from seeds, about the only thing of all the seeds I tried, yet now I apparently fancy myself some sort of master gardner as ive bought all this seed and raised bed garden. I'll keep it all greens and leaves so as not to attract vermin I hope.

Attachments

• 20181002_160255.jpg
    20181002_160255.jpg
    984.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20181002_152552.jpg
    20181002_152552.jpg
    976.9 KB · Views: 5
Mary, the quilters in a lot of my groups make those weighted blankets. Funny, I never could stand my left foot to be weighted down, all these years later, it’s that darn weird ankle! I’m going to try making a quilt with a double batting.

Jody, ick! Just ick! Got more goat head stickers (weeds) of our bike ride today, the new bikes have more robust tires and are set up tubeless so once we pulled them out the sealant bubbles up and sealed it right up! 12 miles, tomorrow we’re going to take the trail north instead of south.

Gotta get to bed! Our puppy duty has been reduced by 2 hrs a day, yay! Now we don’t have to get up so early and get home at a decent time and miss the rush hours!

Hello

Jody - wow, that's some real wildlife. We had a dead rat in our shed a couple of months ago.

Mary - well done you. Very productive. I only bought 10 bulbs so it probably won't look that impressive (especially as I have't actually planted them yet!). Enjoy your blanket!

Lisa - what a nightmare with your sister. No wonder you're stressed. Enjoy the bike rides, hope they help take your mind of things.

Been working my way through the October rotation, LIHI BBS yesterday and LIHI Legs today which left me very winded. In fact, I got real DOMS after the low impact workout on Monday.

Went to see The Wife last night. What a great film. Mary, you should go and see it, I think you'd like it.

Good morning! Today did Cathe live.

Jody, that tortoise is adorable! The gator, well not so much. We have mainly cute wildlife, deer, bunnies, raccoons, sometimes a possum shows up, only at night tho. Hope work treats you well.

Ronne, is that the one with Glenn Close? I love her! I believe I saw the trailer, looks kind of emotionally intense, was it?

Lisa, I’m going to have to google goat head stickers, I don’t know if we have those?

Well, tried the new blanket, Boo promptly threw up on it, so now I get to dry clean it and give it another go. It’s a good thing she makes me happy most of the time....
Going to mow the grass, I’m ready for the grass to stop growing! Have a good day, Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.