Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hi everyone! Today did an Yvette workout, yesterday was Cathe.

Hot, humid, has been raining buckets here, the humidity is the worst. I always feel damp, like “what did I sit in? Ohhh, it’s me!” From John Mulaney!

Jody, we have a paddle board, I’m not very good at it! Portage Lakes is so pretty! Wouldn’t mind a house there!

Lisa, are you and a DH having fun? Your quilts are absolutely beautiful!

Ronne, vacation!!!

Hello to Murphy and Tracey!

Kids and I are going to go find some trouble! Good day to all! Mary

Mary LOL I love John Mulaney. I assume I'll be able to do SUP without much trouble but maybe not?
Lisa, LOL coyote can't read. It seems you guys run across them on a regular basis.
Ronne, where are you headed, Spain?

I did FT TB but skipped quite a few chapters to mush it into a 35 min workout. I also spent a lot of time learning about Fixed Annuities, since I'm about to take my divorce IRA funds into one for retirement purposes. I figured that decision deserves as much attention as my recent search for a new bathroom vanity (which has seemed all consuming). Elder DD coming home from house sitting tomorrow. She's had a random chicken invade the back yard and pool area. Younger DD heading to Keys for her bird survey issues. Also had a new manicure- next gen dip powder. I had it done prior to London and re did it but not sure if 50 bucks a month is in my beauty budget! I did wear a dress today to cope with the usual heat and humidity, a big change in my standard uniform but I'm feeling Wimbledon inspired!

Lisa - No, it's often rainy but not generally humid. It's 88F here today with 40% humidity though ... Too hot with no end in sight.
Keeping all the windows and doors shut and the curtains closed, then we open everything up in the evening.

We're off to northern Germany where it's even hotter at the moment... this is really unusual weather for us but becoming less unusual. Odd year, with a really cold winter as well.

Jody - glad you've still got the Wimbledon vibe going on!

Mary - enjoy time with kids.

Ronne have fun I can't wait to hear what you get up to.
Today I did some crossfire tabata then had a gathering with my dance friends but kept it low key enough that I'm now already ready for bed and then a weekend of working.

Hi all! We’ve had a week of wild thunderstorms but we’ve been getting our bike rides in. The thunderstorms have suki in a tizzy. Panting, shaking, digging furiously, she is happy on the rides but comes into the house like it’s haunted and stays in the basement. Roof is supposed to get replaced tomorrow so I’ve been making plans to be gone for suki sake. My brother is in vail so we are heading up there to ride but no dogs allowed in the condo so we just dropped off suki at DS house. Hopefully she gets over her fears as I’m really tired of her. I swear she hears the storms in Wyoming!

Jody, 50 a month can add up and so many other things to buy! I’m still doing jamberry but it got bought by another company. Not sure if it will ever be the same or better, right now it’s trying to dig out of the financial mess of paying vendors who was holding product hostage for lack of payment.

Ronne, are you gone now. Vail might not seem as extravagant as Germany. Lol

Gotta get to sleep, it’s a early morning for driving up the mountains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello all! Have been working out, and working. Not much else

Lisa, have fun in Vail!

Ronne, hope you are enjoying your trip!

Jody, hope work wasn’t too bad!

Hello to everyone else, Mary

30 20 Hiit from CF done. I am heading to Macy's they have a lot of bohemian hippie Indian stuff I like at the moment. I wore a dress again yesterday.
Lisa, yes have fun and i hope the roof turns out well. Maybe you can get your dog some mj? I saw it offered at the groomers office when I took Lola/Leo for the shave down.
Mary, I'll be in OH next week!
Ronne, I'm watching a bunch of travel videos as background, this morning's was in Austria, so pretty.
My mum is going for a treatment plan for help with her back and neuropathy. The chiro is pretty cutting edge, I hope he helps her. It will be 5K for three months. :eek:

Quick check in.

Ronne, I hear Europe is having a huge heatwave too. 118 F (ill let you convert to Celsius). It actually hasn’t been too bad here, more hail though south of u, 2animals killled by the hail at the zoo! Duck and vulture I think. Car windows smashed they were undrivable. Our roof and skylight is fixed, hope this crazy weather stops soon!

Jody, are you with Mary? Suki has her vet checkup soon, will ask them. I figure if she feels safer in the basement so be it, as long as she doesn’t do the digging to China in our bed or my sewing room (she made a mess in there). Also I shut the door to the guest bedroom so she can only get to the junk bedroom downstairs.

Vail was nice, just a quick trip as my SIL had surgery (the reason for their visit). My brother about killed me cycling up there! Boy I’m slow! My garmin said I’d need 72 hrs to recover from the ride I did with him, normally it’s maybe 20 hrs. And the altitude! 9000 ft, I felt it and my resting HR was 10 points higher! Back to lower ground I’m back to 55 RHR. Dh and I did some day bike trip excursions the last couple days. Came home and napped! Retirement!

Hello everyone! Really quiet here!

Lisa, how was your birthday?? Tried to post on Facebook, it wouldn’t let me and messenger wouldn’t open. I hope you felt my birthday love!

Jody, did you have a good trip? Sorry the timing didn’t work out, are you back at work?

Ronne, are you still on vacation? Hope you are having a ball!

Hello to Murphy and Tracey.

Have been busy with work, the kids, and DH has been doing quite a few triathlons.
DD goes back to school tomorrow, youngest one has been in band camp, I’m going to Chicago tomorrow to pick up all of DS’s stuff, he has one week left. We are going to see Hamilton!!!! He surprised me with tickets, I’m so psyched! School for me starts on Monday, so early this year. I will see you next week!

Hi all,yes it’s quiet, where is everyone? Thanks for the birthday wishes Mary. I was in a funk and tried to lay low and set fb settings so no one could post to my wall. I dislike people who hasn’t interacted with me all year to then wish me happy birthday, I’m weird that way. I also can’t stand when people post to people’s pages who have died, just seems weird to me. But there was a bigger reason I was in a funk. My sister is probably not going to talk to me for years, we had an emotional situation with her and the siblings. I think she’s being catfished (google it) and she only tells each of us so much and we possibly pieced it together add in the fact she never takes my sage advice, makes it difficult and makes me want to give up trying. I think I cried for 3 days over this. I’m finally feeling a bit better and am heading out for a hike with my bff. We are doing a climb, 2000 vertical ft in a mile. I’m glad I’m mostly out of my funk so I can enjoy the day. I’m still very sad over my sister though when I think about it, I’ve worked so hard to improve the relationship and it’s all unraveled in a matter of hrs.

Hi everyone!

Yes, I'm back. Been back just over a week. Had a very hot time in Germany between 29 & 36 degrees every day! We cooled down in an outdoor pool and a lake. Had a very unrelaxing end to the trip when our flight was cancelled (!) but apart from that it was great.

Lisa - sorry to hear about your family troubles. It's horrible falling out with siblings. You can only do what you think is best to help her although that's no consolation when you feel horrible. Hope your ride improves your mood.

Mary - Enjoy Hamilton. Didn't you try and get tickets before? Hope the back to work isn't too much of a shock!

I've been catching up with workouts this week now the weather's cooler. I've taken a real beating, I feel so out of shape. I did RWH UB Circuit and nearly vomited!!

Hi everyone!! I will be back soon but I needed reach out to all and say hi and send love and hugs to all and also receive your ongoing love and support. I've been well but managing end of summer and travel disruption. Youngest headed back to Gville today and her apartment room had been rented while she was gone. So bad was the smoke and other weird stains she couldn't move in and they are changing the carpet and running an ozone thing for the smell! Now she's a nomad while things clear up, heading to my dad in daytona and hopefully will get to move in before classes start on Wed.. Meantime I have her cat and few odds and ends I was supposed to be bringing up the rear and drop off tomorrow then go tubing on the Itchetucknee, so kabash on that plan. Meantime, I've hardly worked out in ages, Ohio was good but *odd* (learning very disconcerting things about my kin). I hope to go back and bike the Tow Path but I better not plan anything at the moment. Car shopping and bath remodel are ongoing with elder dd. I bruised/sprained my rib on trampoline at cousin's home, I was pretending to do an escape from a bad guy and did a shoulder roll and turns out that was a bad idea.
Ronne, omg, when you are not hitting the marks I am worried about all our fitness. The rest of Germany trip was good?
Lisa, do you think your sister is being taken advantage of financially? Yeah, gotta let it go I guess. I hope the Hike turned out very nice, it sounds lovely. I did a bike while I was gone, my knees hurt next day and I wonder about my ability to manage a weeks worth of touring on bike.
Mary, Hamilton!! I considered that when I went to London, I think we could have managed it for a price but we had enough amazing things to do so let it go. We did go see Alladin though!! So not all bad!
Turned out to be longer than I thought, but I really like to show up with a workout or two to report and I've barely any.....waves to all

Hi everyone! Hike was nice, hard but nice. 2770stair steps up, my quads and calves were so sore the next couple days I could hardly move, even worse than the worst cathe, or I’m just getting older! Finally today a ride, nice and cool. Suki still having issues with thunderstorms, trying cbd oil, we’ll see if it works, vet gave us cbd treats, she won’t eat them so I ordered some cbd tincture for pets. No word on sister but I’m at least not worrying anymore, thing is even once she talks to me again I’ll never know what happened.

Mary, lovely pic of you at Hamilton, guess that’s what happens when your short.

Jody, knee pain on bike can be because of seat being too low. I also always stretch out my hamstrings.

Ronne, i was wiped out today after ride and I’m baffled as to why. I slept great last night but so tired and a couple accidental naps, maybe it was the mmj I took after the ride. I didn’t want my neck to stiffen up too much since I’m going on 6 weeks since my last massage but man I was wiped out, but my neck wasn’t nearly as stiff as feared.

Hi all! After much ado, dd is moved in, so that is good. I did end up tubing yesterday- a manatee swam right past us! Also saw the bats at dusk leave their bat houses at the university- apparently one of largest colony of bats. So CTL ALT DLT on my life, I'm ready for a reboot and focus on healthy choices for a while.

Lisa, my knee is all puffy again, like I have an effusion as before but that had eventually dissipated. Not sure if it was the biking or a lower body weight work out that causes it. Maybe you were just still worn out from your mega hike?

ETA FS cardio done!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Back home and back at work, have been working out.

Lisa, I’m so sorry about your sister. My mom has troubles with hers too. I read an article about how relationships with siblings always stay the same as when you were growing up. The dynamic at least.

Jody, dang you’re having some trouble too! How are your ribs? Trampolines are so much fun , do make me nervous tho, being in the ER have seen a lot of injuries with them. And you knee too? I hope you feel better quickly.

Ronne, sorry about the heat. I remember how warm it was when we were there. Glad you had fun!

Hamilton was incredible! I was overwhelmed by it. That picture was so funny! He’s 6’5”, I’m no midget at 5’9”. Chicago was so nice, looks like he will be back there next summer and will be there after he graduates with the same company. I’m so grateful that he will be on his way to independence, with no worries. Now, just the other two! Hope everyone has a good day! Mary

Hi girls! I've been cycling. Today was 30 miles! Jody, I think you were right, I was just beat after that incline hike! I burned 2000 active calories that day. Normally with Cathe I tried to get to 500-600, a hard cycling day is 1000 and a really super hard cycling is 1500 as comparisons. Not sure about your knee was it hurt previously? Mary, lol you looked 5'2" in that photo! Interesting about the sibling dynamic, I'm the youngest and wish they'd quit treating me like a baby, I'm the sanest one! I did force her to let me know she's OK but no more contact than that. It's so nice getting kids Independent, next you'll be retiring, well someday!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi all

Jody - glad to hear DD got sorted out. That's so funny about the trampoline! We just don't learn! Hope the knee is feeling better. I love bats!

Mary - sounds like you had a great time in Chicago. How nice to know that DS is on his way. Hope the return to work hasn't been too bad.

Lisa - you're probably the fittest one out of all of us now with all that cycling. At least you know your sister's OK.

So, I've been so busy with work I just can't think about anything else really. It's flat out at the moment with urgent deadlines on everything. It's a bank holiday weekend here but I'm working all weekend to try and keep up with stuff.
I have been fitting short workouts in, mixing and matching stuff just to do something and get off my backside for half an hour.
I'm hoping it may be a little more under control when we get back off holiday. We're off to Rhodes in a week. I'm sort of thinking why did I book this? but I'm sure I'll enjoy it when we get there!

Hello all! I did cardio today ala BM2 premix but I will spare you the modification details-fun though and nice to see Loraine! Shopping for bath fixtures and such w/ dd, prepping for sticker shock but hoping for the best. My household is down to two plus a cat and feels relatively peaceful. No excuses for not keeping up with workouts and food now.

Ronne how are the work projects coming along, will you be able to shelve them before holiday? Are you going to be doing beach and relaxing or heavy touring, probably some of both.

Lisa, I've had my knee poof out twice now, I'm not sure why. Biking? Specific LB move? or just LB in general.

Mary are you teaching or what all this season? Can't remember. My side still hurts. I wish I hadn't done that move on the trampoline, I don't mind the occasional stabbing pain as much as the anxiety ( as I imagine all sorts of terrible scenarios, LOL)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.