Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

So our weekend was a washout and I to Monday, Tuesday we rode, yesterday I did fabric shopping (I hate shopping so had my sis with me). Today maybe a short ride after DH is done with conf calls. This weekend looks like another rainy one. We hardly had snow this weekend but boy have we had rain this spring! DH work on this account is coming to an end, normally it's not that big of deal but the VP is pushing him to the bench so the 5 week termination counter starts again.

Ronne, yes we say ibuprofen here too.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

My post continues...

Ronne, I think life is going to continue with niggles. I'm learning to rotate playing depending on what hurts. I did talk to massage lady and she said tennis is a no go for me, bummer as DH and I enjoyed that. I guess golf and bowling are OK but we never did that much in our youth. We mostly did hiking, bicycling, skiing and tennis. So half of those are out for me now. My hand hurts from video games (we have Nintendo) so I have to limit that.

Tracy, I Riley is lucky to have you! Remember this too shall pass. Just another 'opportunity' in this thing called life?

Jody, I love flip flops! It's the only part of Florida that stayed with me [emoji4]. I now constantly wear supportive flips in the house for my foot/ankle. My favorite for support is sketchers otherwise the others I can't really wear anymore.

Mary, do you have off soon for the summer? Any big plans?

Hello

Lisa - hope that DH gets some clarification and is happy with what happens next. My DH finished work at the end of April and is doing OK. He's setting stuff up for himself and seems happier.

Yesterday I did a TB premix (first time that I didn't have to pause that standing legs session) and today was CB which I always enjoy. It's going to be a nice weekend here. Going to town tomorrow for bits and pieces then hope to enjoy the garden a bit (interspersed with the ever present Housework Max!)
Have a good one everyone!

Hello everyone! Have been missing, hanging out with the kids. DD leaves Friday for Italy, I will be making my flight reservations for the end of June, I’m excited and a bit anxious, I have never been overseas and going alone. If my kids can do it, I can do it! We will spend a few days in Italy, then go to France.

Ronne, looks like you all had beautiful weather this weekend, I did watch the wedding, and it looked glorious there.

Lisa, you are still getting snow?? That’s crazy!

Jody, how is DD doing with the birds?

Hello to Murphy and Tracey!

Have to go workout and the grass is growing as I type, that’s what I have planned! Good day to all! Mary

Hello

Mary - how exciting, your first trip to Europe. You're going to love it. Whereabouts in Italy and France are you going? Saturday was great here, the supermarket was empty and so was the centre of town, I got lots done!

Had a break from workouts at the weekend, but got lots of housework done. Finishing off my version of the May rotation, yesterday I did FS LI cardio only and today was ICE CLB.
Loving this weather, so nice to have sunshine all the time. Quite windy but I don't mind.

Jody - your DD might be interested, we had 6 great tits fledge yesterday. One got eaten by a magpie this morning!

Hello all! Slow here, eh? I worked 5 shifts out of the previous 6 days. I've not done many workouts although today I did 40/20 Hiit and shoulders and legs from TBGS. Day before yesterday, I did the stairs at work. Jill's promo at TKD went well, except she did hurt her foot on her board break- not broken as per xray and exam but still bruised and she is hobbling around 1 plus week later. Younger DD seems to be doing ok at her new job. I think the hardest part is making her own schedule when she's still trying to figure out what to do. I may go with her as a volunteer later today.

Ronne, I will let dd know about the tits! Those darn magpies! Her species is Least Terns. Congrats to DH! Are you handling it OK? I think it can change the household dynamics. How'd the garden turn out? I've been puttering in mine since Mother's day when dd got me started. Steady rain for weeks helped everything get going. ps, speaking of Corvids, I think one of dd threatened species nesting sites was so threatened by crows that they are shooting the crows.

Mary, how was DD flight and arrival? Are you flying into Italy and then train to France and flying home or something like that?

Lisa, I want to do this--> https://www.biketours.com/tours/danube-bike-path-7-nights/ Are you interested? Between London in July, Ohio in Aug and bathroom remodel in June plus kid college expenses I probably shouldn't even consider trying to work it in, but still. I wonder if October would be too cold? Did you remove your avatar pic here on Cathe? Are you primarily biking?

Tracy and Murphy, I hope your work outs are working out for you, what ever they may be.
Waves to all!
Oh and my flip flops dollars were replacing the Ola Kai ones I had purchased back at the Daytona Cathe road trip plus a few more in that brand.

Last edited:
Hi all. Sorry to have been absent so long. I sometimes feel like there is always something. Now I have this pain in my elbow and a kink in my neck that won't go away. I can't lift even light weights, and it hurts when I jump or etc. Even walking can be a bit of an issue. Great, another trip to the doctor. WTH? I think my body is turning on me - LOL.

Murphy

Hello! How is everyone? Have been working out, and with the kids. DD made it safe to Italy, she started classes today. I will meet her in Sorentto, we are fly into Paris, never thought of the train? I should look into that!

Murphy, doctors! Not my favorite! Hope you feel better soon,

Jody, you are speaking British and I’m confused! You are coming here in August? Cocktails??

Ronne. I worked cleaning all weekend too and mowing. We did go to a concert last night, saw Journey, they were pretty good.

Hello Lisa! Hello Tracey!!

Getting my roots done today, crazy hot here, I’ve been melting! Have a good day! Mary

Hi all, I’m here. Not sure what’s going on with the iPad app I use to post this, couldn’t post for a while and I didn’t feel like figuring out what changed, now it seems to be back to normal? Gremlins or a app update that caused problems? Shrug.

We’ve been cycling , Friday was a 34 mile ride in the heat, finally mon and tues nice cool weather , perfect for riding. It’ll heat up Thursday, ugh. We’re dog sitting so busy with riding with suki in the morning , get home then take oatmeal to the dog park. Resting in the afternoon, dh getting into the retirement frame of mind! Now if I can just get perfect weather year round!

Mary, are you flying alone or does dh going with you?

Ronne, how’s dh handling the change?

Murphy, it is always something? My right knee hurts I think I used too hard a gear on our flattish ride Friday. I’m icing it now.

Jody, that bike path looks nice, I’d have to go with a self guided one, I’m not one for big groups! Shoot I already forgot what I was going to say....
Ok, I’m back, oct cold? As long as it’s 50 degrees it’s not bad. Not sure what happened with avatar, it’s back now, it is probably because of the issues I had as said above. I’m really only cycling, I’m just too wiped out to do anything in addition to it! Good news is that year 1 my average speed was 9mph, year 2 was 10mph and now it’s 11mph, getting better! The only way to get better is lots of rides! Dh and I just love it, if we are blah before we ride , we are always feeling great by the end of the ride! I’ll say it again, I just love my state and town I live in, it’s gggggreat! (Said in my best Tony the Tiger voice!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi everyone

Glad to see everyone, it's been quiet around here ...

Murphy - hope your recovery is making good progress.

Jody - yes, it's going OK with DH at home. I'm quite enjoying the company after over 10 years of being on my own. It's very nice to have someone to chat to and who'll make the coffee! Garden's looking great, though I need to get out and mow, we've had a couple of days of rain and it's now a bit jungle-like out there. That Danube trip looks great. Autumn can be a really nice time of year with decent temps.

Mary - sounds like a great trip. Train to Paris would be good: check out The Man in Seat 61 for all things train travel, really detailed helpful website. It can sometimes cost more but it's a great way to see more of the country.

Lisa - DH seems to be OK so far. He's had a few weeks off and just relaxed, been away for a couple of days, pottered around. He's now got a couple of small work projects starting so it's starting to look pretty good.

I finished the May rotation and I'm having a yoga week for something different. Work is very busy so it's nice to have something to relax me a bit. Had a nice weekend, it was a bank holiday so three days. Sunday there was a music festival in a local park which DH and I went to, spent the day in the sunshine, drinking G&T, listening to old bands from the 90s! Great way to spend a day.
DH & DD are going away for the night tonight so I'll have the house to myself. Just got to work and do housework though, not very exciting!

Hi all. Kink in neck is still there, but I managed to get a bit of a run in this morning. I couldn't turn to see around the track, but I was able to jog without pain. Progress - I think...

Murphy

Hi all, my knee pain was so bad I turned around after just riding down the street. Can't even hardly walk now. I'm thinking it's cause is because I've been very neglectful with stretching after rides. So rest it is, I'm hoping I learned my lesson from my ankle. Do NOT push through the pain even if you can!

Ronne, well, that sounds like a fun evening, not! Take time for you with no guilt!

Murphy, that does sound like progress. Maybe you slept on it wrong. When my neck was the worst it hurt to do anything, left shoulder got stabbing pains and left arm felt weird, verging in numb. So I think if it was OK to run it will just take some time to recover. Again, rest is key!

Hi girls! Still crazy hot and humid here, summer hasn’t even started!

Lisa, hope your knee feels better. Very frustrating.

Ronne, ahhh, gin & tonics in the sun?? I do love those! Has to be with 2 limes tho! Now I want one!

Murphy, so glad you are feeling better!

Hello to Jody and Tracey! Talk to you all later! Mary

Hi all

Murphy - that's definitely progress.

Lisa - do take it easy. I think you've learnt your lesson from your many previous injuries.

Mary - we've got a bit of that humidity as well. Just had a short sharp shower which has cleaned up the air a bit.

More yoga today just a short one. Really busy with work at the moment. So much on, but good to earn some money for holidays!

Hi all! Happy June! I didn't log any of my workouts in May, not a single one. Doh! Yesterday I did Abs, Legs, Tri and Bi from TBGS, bounced a bit on my mini tramp out side, then read a book in my newly transformed patio garden. In the past I've used Round Up and Stump Killer to keep anything from growing out there (ashamed to say) a rebound reaction to years of trying to maintain a regular lawn and stuff. Now I've got wild flowers sprouting up, kale and swiss chard in container planter and birds and butterflies.

Ronne, I'm perfectly OK w/ a house to myself especially just puttering around doing straightening. Weekend w/ hubs at the park sounded very nice although I think I missed a lot of the 90's music, those were my Raffi years. Maybe I will get that bike trip in this year but it would take some planning. One of those bike or bike barge trips has been on my list for awhile. Well done on the rotation, you are very good at setting a plan and sticking with it, good thing with your type of work.

Mary, I sounded British? LOL I do have London on the brain. Plus I listen to podcasts all the time, sometimes all night while I'm sleeping, usually health/keto/fitness biohackers, and the speakers are often British. As far as being unintelligible, that's just me being stream of consciousness confusing, ha ha. Yes I will be in Akron again this year, Aug 8 to 13. It will be similar as last year, taking my mom for her visit and me doing some walks at CVNP. DD may join for part of the trip. Hopefully we can gtg for cocktails and chat again?

This is starting to turn into a book!

Lisa, it frightens me that your bike rides are limited at the moment, I hope that resolves. You get so much joy from being out there with hubs. As far as that bike tour for me, I know I'd have some adjusting to do and planning before I rode that many miles (mostly seat issue) but what if my knee flared up? When my knee was hurting, I think it was just fluid, but it took a long time to dissipate. It seems OK now, but I'm careful w/ lower body heavy weight.

Murphy, working out w/o pain is good!

A guy I met at work was a power lifter/ and did shows and competitions but needed neck surgery because of it and then ended up a quadriplegic secondary to the surgery. Makes me think pushing past certain kinds of pain is a really bad idea. Oh yeah we are strong and sensible here, right? Waves to all, glad you are here. I'mma order new Cathe today. Oh and I did tabatasize the other day, parts of it. Talk about a DVD that needs some tweaking in order to do it. That is a tough one to do as is.

Last edited:
Hello

Jody - thanks for the essay!! What's Raffi? Good to hear you've got rid of the nasties. Not that I'm immune to the odd slug pellet... I've really noticed the lack of insects though. I remember going on motorway journeys when I was a kid and the windscreen being covered in insects, now there's barely one. The power lifter story is scary.

Weekend was good. My parents came down. Had lovely sunny weather, so they did lots of gardening for me! Also got to sit out and enjoy it. Went to the Botanic Gardens yesterday which were looking rather lovely.
Yoga again today as it just suits my mood and I don't fancy the June rotation. I did nearly seriously injure myself though. I was attempting headstand and semi fell out of it sideways. Think I'm going to have a stiff neck tomorrow. Decided to do other stuff for the rest of the week :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hi all. Neck pain is almost gone. I don't know WTH that was, but it lasted long enough. I wonder if it is just an age thing, taking longer to recover from things. Ugh. Anyway, got some runs in, felt good. I must have been channeling Jody - I did PARTS of CrossFire today. It felt good. Notice I said PARTS...

Waves to all.
Murphy

Yep, I'm perfectly OK w/ doing a parts only workout! Today I teased out 45 min hiit and total body parts from BM2. I also got my new Cathe's DVDs ordered yesterday. I took my mom's cat to the vet and groomer for a shave. She's had this cat for 9 years. Surprise call from vet asking did we know that Lola is a male not female? Nope, did not know that (Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls, It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
Except for Lola. Lo lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo loLola)!
Murphy, good job on runs, sounds like they hit the spot.
Ronne, Raffi is a children's musician/entertainer. How did the neck turn out after the spill? Yay for sunny gardens!
More waves to Mary, Lisa and Tracy, I hope all are well~~

Hello ladies

Murphy - glad to hear you're on the mend.

Jody - I've ordered too. Ha, funny about the cat! Neck OK thanks. A bit stiff yesterday but nothing serious.

I'm doing KCMs this week as work is crazy! My hip flexors were hurting this morning as I sat for three hours without moving! Did Circuit Burn Boxing/Cardio premix and YBB 2 yesterday.

Hi all. Did parts of FlexTrain - the parts where no weights are required. My neck is better, but my arm/elbow still hurts. Oh, yesterday while walking, something flew into my eye and it still hurts. WTH? I tried rinsing it, drops, etc. I'll see how it is tomorrow and then maybe the doctor. :-( Other than that, feeling good. LOL.

Jody - funny about the cat. You would think someone would have (repeatedly) pointed that out after all these years.
Ronne - I hope I didn't send you my neck pain. I hope it feels better soon.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.