Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hello all

Mary - that's great news about DS, what a nice job. I think you might have rumbled your DH!

Lisa - how frustrating for DS, hope he can get that sorted out. I can understand DH's cold feet about retiring. It feels like a big step. Perhaps reducing hours might be a good compromise, if his employers are willing. Thanks for the coyote explanation. Very interesting, that's the problem isn't it, people want to live in a nice area with space and nice countryside but don't want to share it with the creatures already there. It's the same everywhere.

Snow has cleared completely, temperature has shot up, the sun is shining and it's feeling almost spring like. I can't believe it was only a week ago now. In remote farms and hamlets up north, army helicopters were dropping off supplies as people were completely cut off for days!
Having a rest week of sorts, did yoga on Monday, Flextrain yesterday and 4DS KB cardio today.

Hi all, just a quickie for now. I did 20 min of tabata and hiit from TTM (or CF? the step one) resting rather than working during some sections and then some chest work for about 30 min total workout. I've been at work for the prior 5 days and doing some fasting. Trying to get back on the wagon, I was carb bingeing and have had lots of wt gain over the past few months. I'll be back hopefully a lot this week since I'm off for a few days. I'm off to pick up rental car so dd and I have two this week so I can get stuff done and maybe do a Daytona/Gainesville run.

Hello ladies! Today did another Yvette workout, starting to think I like being tortured?

Ronne, spring like here, however I fear snow is on its way. That doesn’t seem like much rest, flex train and kickboxing?

Jody, be good to yourself! You work a lot!

Made it through the band concert, one of the songs was My Friend the Couch, made me wish I was on it. Making DH take me to lunch to pay for his sins! Good day to all, Mary

Quick bike ride today, going to be nice next 2 days so will be out riding. Mary, I always loved the band concerts. Ronne, that sounds like some serious weather! Nice thing about this time of year is it clears up faster. Just read a dog was lost to a coyote last night, then others commented how their dog was taken from the fenced yard by coyotes. This saddens me and makes me worried. I make dh take suki out at night. Then my sister said an old lady is going to feed the coyotes with some medicine to clear up the mange it has. I just see things getting worse because they are obviously not scared of humans and are hanging around because people are feeding them.

I don’t want to end on such a sad note, so, it was an awesome bike ride today even if there was a chilly wind. Tomorrow 70 degrees, yea baby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello

Lisa - enjoy your bike rides.

Mary - I just had a look at Yvette on Youtube. Looks good but I don't really want to do 1hr workouts! Might try one of the shorter weights ones though, they look good. You're certainly working hard!

Did a very calming yoga workout today. Feel very relaxed! I'm off to the theatre tonight (and tomorrow) with DD, we're going to see Harry Potter. It's her birthday present.

Hello! Did a hit workout today.

Lisa, I have to go out with my girls at night also. We only have one coyote in our neighborhood, we have found bunnies, Boo is about the size of a bunny, and Wheezy is so slow, she wouldn’t make it. Then I think, what am I going to do? Probably just scream! Hopefully scare him away.

Ronne, sometimes I just do half the workout because they are long, I wait until she gives a water break, usually 30-40 minutes in, her cuing took me a bit to adjust to being so used to Cathe. Just something different to shake things up. Also, I could not go as heavy as her, some of the weights she picks are ridiculously heavy, for me at least.

How is everyone else? DS comes home tomorrow!!!! Might not be around too much, I’ll be back tho! Mary

Hi all. Mary, it is so weird that you mentioned Yvette Bachman. I just did two of her workouts. I had read about her on someone else's blog and figured I would try her and try to get out of my rut. I did find it challenging. I think Ronne said something about not wanting to do the hour-long workouts. I agree that they are not always my favorite, but we had a snow day and I had nothing else to do. I did do some modifications and whatnots. I also did one of her 30 or 45 minute workouts. They were good. I still have to get used to her style. Anyway, I just found it weird that we were both doing her workouts and not even knowing it.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Hi fit babes! We've been getting a late winter like you Ronne, I was surprised to read you get winds from Siberia! We get winter systems from Alaska and I imagine they are somewhat similar to what you experience. We sometimes get what is called the Pineapple Express which is a warm, wet system from Hawaii but not this year! The Beachbody program I'm on is for 80 days, we started Jan. 15th. I bought a subscription for 6 months which gives me access to all of their workouts during that time. I like dvds better, but Beachbody doesn't even produce them anymore. We have coyotes where I live too, but no one feeds them that I know of. We are in a rural area and some chickens go missing every year. DH and I saw one outside our kitchen window one year and we made a bunch of noise but it couldn't have cared less! That's interesting that your country basically shut down due to the weather! The U.S. is too big for all of it to shut down at the same time. BB and LR (Little Riley) play every day now and BB hasn't growled at LR for a while now! I'm happy about that.

Lisa, that was a funny story about Suki and the treat bowl! I'm glad her leg is healed. BB lost another tooth! I cracked up about the "gated old people neighborhood"--I'll be 55 in June! LOL The only geese we have are the ones flying south or north, depending on what time of year it is. I'm jealous that you've had a touch of Spring! We are supposed to have some of that this weekend, I can't wait!

Hi Murphy! Awesome job working out when you feel like you're in a rut! I like your duck story, pretty funny! We have ducks in the Spring that stop traffic and even go through buildings with a mom and her chicks. It's so cute! I will have to check out Yvette Bachman since you and Mary have tried her. Can't say when that will be though!

Mary, it's good to know that your dog has FOMO too! Spring Break already? Weren't the holidays just last month? I cracked up about your DS's excitement deflation when you talked about taxes and unions dues! I love it that DH paid for lunch because he owed you. You go girl! Enjoy your time with your kids!

Hi Jody! Good to see you! Enjoy your well-earned time off.

Let's see. Figured out I didn't get the job and who did before they called and said I didn't get it. Fortunately, I had already come to terms with it by then! And now another position has opened up along the same lines and all I could think of was how tired I am. But I'm gonna go for it 'cause I'd kick myself later if I didn't. I'm taking Friday off and seeing an NBA game with my dad in Portland (I've never been to one before) and then seeing a friend I used to work with on Saturday. We're taking a yoga class together and I think that is just what I need right now.

Have an awesome weekend sweet babes!!

Another quickie to report a workout since if I linger over personals I might not seize the day as I intend~ just 30 min or so of hiit/tabata from TTM! Ha told ya it'd be quick!

A quick check in for me to. I have to dictate this I have some hand and arm pain maybe carpal tunnel from probably too much quilting and too much poking on my iPad. DH and I did cycle 3 days last week and I walk to the dog the last 2 days.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Good eves to all. I'm thinking about selling my Jumpsport mini tramp- it was 250 new 2 years ago but I rarely use it and it takes up space but its one of those things I like to have so not sure if it is worth it. In the mean time I turn it on its side and store it in my workout room and use it as an accounting measure when thinking about vacation spending! Today I did FT TB or at least most of it. Plus I did my mom's taxes, woot, go me. It was a lot less stressful once I thought, who cares if she gets audited, I'm doing the best I can! Ha ha, just kidding.

Lisa, I was just wondering if you wanted to try to sell quilts on Etsy or something but maybe not if you are having pain from quilting. Does bike aggravate wrist as far as you can tell? Have you guys ever sold your unused bikes?

Tracy, I'm glad the boys are playing nicely together! Also good that you came full circle on the job before the call, what are those stages of grief? Hopefully if the next position is something you'd like it will be the Universe just keeping you in the right place for what needs to happen. Either way, I feel like you are someone who will make whatever work you have a nicer place for being there.

Murphy, too funny that you and Mary were both doing rogue instructors at the same time. You won't catch me branching out anytime soon. I tend to do better with less choice- I get analysis paralysis. I appreciate Ronne's stick to the WO manager plan plan. I tend to want to trade up or weasel out.

Ronne, how was HP???? What a nice treat for you guys, also what else did you see next night? My friend just found our Kinky Boots tix in her purse and text me a pic. Happy UK Mums Day. My younger one txt me today w/ Happy Mother's day, she thought it occurred on Spring Forward clocks day. I'm like, you know its not moms day and she came back w/ MY ASS DID NOT KNOW then followed w/ documentation about UK Moms Day, LOL.

Mary, I had to google that song My Friend the Couch, I couldn't imagine. The version I found was quite jazzy. Ha ha. I was more interested in looking up couch music than hard workout on youtube! Are you getting some nice time in with both of the olders? Or just DS for the week? My gator kid never followed up on her reimbursement for her flight to Africa last year. I hope it doesn't become a painful $$ learning experience.

So I'll finish with the term 'manky' as in my kitchen looks a bit manky I need to scrub around the faucets. I've been watching too much Brit real estate tv shows.

Hi everyone

Mary/Murphy - I'm trying an Yvette workout today. The short one at 30 mins with heavy weights.

Tracy - Hope you had a nice weekend. Sounds like you had some fun planned. Sorry to hear about your job, hope the next one brings better news.

Lisa - take it easy and rest your arm!

Jody - Was DD supposed to get money back for her flight? Manky is a great word, I use it all the time! (Not about my house of course!!!) Harry Potter was in two parts; 1 on Thurs and then part 2 on Friday. Nearly 5 hours of HP! DD loved it. It was a spectacular production, amazing effects and sound. I was a bit tired by Saturday though, two nights of getting back to Oxford at midnight!

As Jody knows, yesterday was Mother's Day here. I got a nice present and card from DD then in the afternoon we went to a posh hotel in the Cotswolds for afternoon tea which was a real treat.
I just got a workout in on Sat, Travel Fit then took yesterday off. I'm planning to do a week of YouTube workouts this week.

30 min of Hiit/Tabata from TTM (different sections than earlier in the week). I have a new fitbit charge 2- they really made some nice changes to it, the way the charger clips on and sleep analysis and more, I'm quite pleased with it. Ronne, I forgot that HP was a 2 nighter but it sounds like a really nice show. I'd have been tired as well, I'm going to bed around 8pm these days. DD just suggested a movie tonight after work but I'd likely snooze through it. Yes Gator DD was supposed to be reimbursed for flight up to x amt of dollars or let them book and pay for flight. Self booking allowed her to create those Euro layovers. Have fun on youtube this week! Waves to all~~

Hi all. I did another Yvette Bachman today. Another hour long one, but tomorrow I plan to look for a shorter one. Maybe the 30 min heavy weights one that Ronne mentioned. I think the branching out is helping me with my rut. I have no idea what is coming next and I like it. I still "love me some Cathe" but I do think it's time I start weeding out the ones I won't / can't do anymore.

Waves to all.

Murphy

30 min of selected chapters from FT TB. I'm opposite of branching out at the moment, just rotating between TTM and FTTB. But here it is 8 AM and I've done my w/o and am headed up for quick road trip to Daytona. We got chill here, yesterday was use the new lawn chair day, this morning its in the 50s. I'm anxious b/c I've been request to work several days since I've been off but haven't gone in. I pick up all the time, more than anyone in my dept, so I shouldn't feel guilty about it but there you go, I do.

Hi all. Did another Yvette Bachman today, a 45 minute video. It was good. I think I will try some of her heavy weight stuff, but I plan to look for other YouTubers with shorter video's. If I don't get up on time then the hour workout is out the window.

Jody - try not to feel guilty about not going in. It's probably tough for you not to feel guilty but you seem to work A LOT. Use the time to recharge.
Ronne - did you try the Yvette Bachman 30 minute heavy weight? How was it?
Lisa - how is the arm?

Waves to Mary, Tracy and Roxie.

Murphy

Hello

Murphy - Yes, I did it. I really enjoyed it actually. Short and to the point. Felt like I got a decent workout and I liked lifting heavy but not for many reps (5–8 max). I'm going to try another one tomorrow. Probably the Core/Bis/Back/Cardio circuit thing but I'll skip some of the cardio. I like seeing the range of average people in the background!

Jody - don't feel guilty, like Murphy says, you work hard. You deserve a break. Is Daytona mum, dad or DD? I lose track!

Today I did just did some yoga but a more challenging one rather than restful. Good but I think yoga is becoming my nemesis, definitely can't do too much of the tough stuff, bits of my body just don't seem to like it. I'm learning to be more restrained.

Ronnie, get used to it because it just gets worse the older you get, ask me how I know! So one night I ice my wrist arm all night and I felt better than next day but the next day I didn't I sit and now today it's hurting. It's definitely carpal tunnel from sewing I'm currently looking at putting my machine on a quilting frame because that uses your wrist in a vertical position, that's how I had to do my mouse on the computer when I worked. I have had some headaches and this morning's was really bad and I figured out that my body's response to pain is to raise the blood pressure. I couldn't get it to go down and finally took a pill that I know will bring it down but also limits my heart rate so it makes cycling a little tough. DH and I did go cycling today though since it was beautiful weather. I would do more personals but this is probably sounds like Ramblin anyway I'm really trying not to type. I guess that's all that I can remember to say right now

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hello

Lisa - that's so frustrating. We try and do all these things to keep healthy/alert and end up hurting ourselves! Keep off the keyboard!

Did another Yvette workout yesterday: Cardio Hiit/Bis/Back/Core. Pretty good, I enjoyed the challenge. Skipped a few bits that didn't work for me and did alternatives. I liked the core work in particular.
Today was a short Jessica Smith Kickboxing/Core workout. Just a nice level. I really like her workouts.
The sun is shining and it's very spring like but there are snow showers forecast for the weekend! Hard to believe. Not got much planned. Going to see family on Sunday, probably have a lazy day tomorrow.

Sunday greetings and waves to all~~~ 77 degrees, blue sky and light breeze, all in all an amazing day, practically a crime to be inside! That said, I did some body weight work on my tower followed by assorted chapters from TTM and then a short walk to cool down. Last week ended up to include Gainesville to see younger dd then over to Daytona for a quick visit with Dad then home for 3 days on at work. Off today, 3 on, then planning on Gainesville again for an undergrad symposium thingy for dd. Work has been interesting, they survived w/o me, lol. We have some new intensive-ists working in our ICU. I love them but the old fashioned docs are balking and it looks like turf battles and fur flying!
Yvette followers, I did some viewings, they do look good!
Lisa, I wonder if there is some anti inflammatory protocol that would help with the carpal tunnel?
Have a great week!
ps this one is the one I liked but I would prob do it in 3 sections

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.