Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Mary, how’s your dad? Is he out of the hospital? Your dh would probably need more food. It’s a good amount for us but I do try to save the bigger meals like pasta for our active days. I like that we try things that we normally wouldn’t have. For example we had a shrimp on crispy tortillas with avocado and mango salsa.

Ronne, so jealous that you have a cooking dh! I did tell dh that we should go to the theatre after he retires. I heard that it’s pretty jazzed up with nice seats and maybe rockers. We just have to go during the day when there’s less people!

Tracy, keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! It’s good that the breeder is looking out for the best interests instead of just making a sale. There’s this commercial that runs here with some lady saying how she feels 30 again because she’s on hormones. Ha! As if, it didn’t help me just made me gain 10 lbs. then I friends older than me saying I’m too young to feeel the effects of age. Bull cocky!

Snow is still covering the ground so spinning and walking suki. I saw a hurt coyote right between the houses by the old farmer irrigation ditch, I feel so bad that nature has to take its course. Empathy, it’s what makes me human.

c4693153e370b130b7bff95fa46b8334.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! Today did a YouTube workout.

Lisa, that coyote would break my heart! I know they eat puppies, I would still feel so bad, my dad is home, doing much better. My folks are in their 70’s, still very active, just is hard to watch them slow down a bit. Thanks for the update about the food services. I just want dinner to POOF and appear!

Tracey, good luck on the job! Fingers crossed for you! The waiting is the absolute worst! Gives me too much time to think!

Ronne, I do love to go to the movies. Thank goodness the kids will go with me. DH isn’t crazy about it. How is DD doing in school? I was just thinking of her.

Jody, how is work going? Are you busy with the flu? Hope you are getting enough rest.

Well, niece is planning on coming here in May, finding a job, working for a bit, seeing if she likes it as much as she does when she visits, then if she does she will stay to go to school here. She is 20 and a lovely young woman, just needs some guidance and a bit of a push. Her folks are wonderful people, College isn’t their priority, she sees our kids going and wants the same, so if we can help her, we will. Well, enough about me! Good evening to all! Mary

Hi all

Lisa - yes, definitely go during the day, it's usually cheaper as well. That dinner sounds nice.

Mary - DD is OK, thanks for asking. We had a careers night at school this week, she's thinking of going down the art route, she's keen on graphic design, that kind of thing. That would be great for your niece, what a lovely thing to do for her.

Been keeping up with the rotation although I did take an unexpected rest day today. Went to ortho with DD for replacement retainers fitting, then did a bit of (unexciting) shopping (though I did get some new workout leggings) and came back. Worked a bit then a friend came round for coffee. I did manage 10000 steps though so don't feel too bad.
Off to London again tomorrow to meet friends, so will try and get a workout in on Sunday. I've managed to lose all the Christmas flab now, what a relief!

Working soooo much!
Mary I hope everyone OK post accident-quite unnerving! Our ER is FULL of flu. DD in Gainesville also sick and took Tamiflu...extreme nausea and maybe hallucinations. I wouldn't take it! It reduces symptoms by one day? By 30%?
Ronne, LOL about your Blue Apron ala Hubby, he's the bomb!
Lisa I followed your lead and bought a bunch of buffs that were not the Buff brand, very cute and much less tight. To others, Buffs are those tube shaped head wear that they wear on Survivor and can be worn lots of different ways to cover your head, I wear them as head band. I can bring my hippy esthetic into my scrub/work attire, lol.
Tracy, still keeping my fingers crossed on the job. Sorry about the puppy, though I can't relate to wanting another living thing to take care of at the moment. A new puppy would still be so much fun and joy.
Thanks for the ideas on my workout plan, maybe I will do something tomorrow. We'll see! Ha ha, if I never show up you know it was a rest day again. My dad just here for a few days. I appreciate him, he fixed my two toilets that keep running and assessed my new shower plus an electrical thing I had going on. I love a man who can fix stuff!

Hi all, quick hello to all, I’m behind today! Have been working out.

Jody, I totally agree with you on the Tamiflu, I would never take it!

Ronne, how exciting for DD. I wish I was artistic!

Lisa, you have a zoo outside your door!

Tracey, any news?

Hello Murphy!

Tomorrow night, DH and I are going to see the band Blues Traveler, he’s so excited!
Has anyone else ever done this? I forgot to pay the electric bill and car insurance last month!? I feel so stupid! Took me a minute to figure out why I owed so much! I went back, I had deducted it, just never set it up in my bills online! Oh well, live and learn! See you all Wednesday! Mary

Hi ladies

Mary - enjoy the gig! I've not done that but I'm sure I've done something equally daft! Hope you didn't have to a pay a penalty.

Jody - it's great having a parent who can fix things. We'd be a lot poorer without my dad. I don't think you could get Tamiflu here without a prescription. It was used in the bird flu epidemic of a few years ago. Just think of all those lovely trips you'll be financing with all these shifts!

Not much to report. Been keeping up with the workouts, got about a week left on the rotation. I've definitely noticed a difference in the strength portions. Feeling much stronger and able to keep up the pace more. Still don't want to do the whole workouts in one go, so I just pick half each time.
I got a scam phone call today when working out. I often ignore the phone but decided to answer it for some reason. Someone pretending to be from my broadband provider (not the right one!) and telling me there was a security problem. Anyway, after playing along for a bit (if they're talking to me they're not scamming someone else) I just lost it. I really swore at the person on the other end and shouted. I think I was all pumped from lifting weights and probably a bit hormonal! I think I'll go back to not answering again...

Ronnie, that is hilarious! I normally ignore no I take that back I answer the phone and then when I hear it's someone I don't want to talk to I just hang up I don't even care anymore I don't even try to be polite. However one time I was getting calls with an obvious accent about my security on my computer and I decided to play along I was like oh no! Let me get my computer please hold on and wait for me then I just kind of sat around with them on the speakerphone and then they come on do you have the computer yet oh no I'm still trying to get to start up I kept them on the phone for a good 15 minutes I think.

Mary, that's funny that you think my Outdoors is a zoo, I guess that's kind of true I don't know if that's good or bad. I don't know that I've ever forgotten to pay bills but oh I remember one time I think I paid it but I didn't pay the right amount for some reason and it was on a credit card statement and the balance carried over and damn it I had to pay interest penalty I hate paying credit card interest, too high.

Jody, that is a lot of working out I mean working. I'm glad you found a buff that works for you. I don't think I have anyone handy in my family we always pay for it handyman to do something when DH can't do it.

Can you guys tell I'm just talking to my phone? Hopefully I'm hitting the highlights of everything that people has posted. I took quite a few rest days being the last week into through Saturday and then Sunday Monday DH and I went for a bike ride. We was going to ride today but it's cloudy and windy even though it's supposed to be warm. I need the sun to warm me up and I really don't want to fight with the wind coming back home up the hill because I got stuck in that on Sunday and it was all I could do to try to keep up with DH! I've gotten back into quilting recently so I'm kind of in a quilting mode. I think that's all that's going on, going to go walk Suki and hope my ankle holds out I can feel it from walking so much it's really frustrating and I'm blaming my anatomy and age. My neck's been doing really good since I determined to even just two pound weights just triggers it to hurt so no more weight lifting for me because I just can't continue with the muscular pain I get from over-worked neck muscles hard enough holding my head up I guess. Hellos to Murphy, hope you're doing okay what's that called a workout schedule what is that called rotation that is working for you. Hi to Tracy hope you've heard back from about the job.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

We ended up taking a ride after all! Fought the wind a bit coming home but it felt good getting out!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone

Lisa - well done on fighting the wind and a sensible decision re weights! I read an article recently about terrible phone scams in the US from Indian call centres which pretend to be the IRS. They say the police/FBI are on their way if the person doesn't pay up and frighten them into handing over large sums of money.

Pull Day today, enjoyed it. And I didn't get aggressive with anyone!

Ronne and Lisa you guys both cracked me up with your responses to scammers. You know I have a special anger spot about that b/c of my mom falling for similar issue and she tried to wire 2500 dollars to them. When they get too demented, you have to take drivers license and internet away from them! Ronne my Uber driver had that exact IRS scam pulled on him, there was a lot of panic before they realized. Mary how was concert? I agree, its a nice thing to do for your niece. Also Ronne, Tamiflu is script here too. DD used GoodRx to get it for 50 bucks or so. She's feeling better btw. Lisa nice job on the ride.
Follow up on shower install not correct and my homeowners/neighbor thinks I need a big palm tree from my patio removed. I can't decide but more homeowner issues for me! I need to do home store for shower stuff and I'm gonna do a mom run today but I did at least do a workout, two ts premixes from FS Push 2 sets and Pull 2 sets, skipping leg stuff and some shoulder chapters.
TTYL

Hi all! Today did a YouTube workout. Concert was good, DH’s favorite band, I enjoyed the evening with him!

Lisa, your quilting is beautiful! To have the patience is admirable.

Jody, being a homeowner is not my favorite! It’s always something and usually expensive! I miss renting, calling someone and having it fixed.

Ronne, I hardly ever answer the phone! They get me all wound up, unless it my parents or the kids they can leave a message!

Hello to everyone else, have to clean and back to work tomorrow! Mary

Today I did a walk/8 sprints and then some leg work from Butts n Guts, I think I hit some muscles that haven't been hit in awhile! My current plan is to do heavy wt upper body and a lower body with some Hiit each week so 2 work outs a week, anything else is just a bonus (plan is subject to change).
Ronne, your earlier comment about feeling the improvement was inspiring. I was really considering what's the point of even trying. Also congrats on losing the holiday bulges!

Mary, I don't answer the phone unless I want to and know who it is either. My mom will break her neck trying to get to the phone. She's never really adapted to the convenience of voice mail and caller ID.

Speaking of forgetting to pay bills, they opened an account to pay off shower but I didn't even open any of the paperwork or respond to calls since the work hadn't been done but they started billing me in Nov!. Oops I started off with a late pay that they waived for me. Plus the agreement was in Spanish. So not forgetting to pay, just ignoring the situation until it suited me but I will pay it off in full next month (tons of mini tramps I'm afraid!).

Lisa, how's your weather? I'm thinking of finding a hike in March 7-14 window. Suggestions anyone? I wonder if that would be a good time to visit some parks out west. I think the Carolinas might be still be chilly. CVNP in Ohio would be cheap and cheerful but I've been there a few times. You know I keep looking at London, too. :rolleyes:

Yesterday was just a short dog walk, today, total rest because my hamstring hurts a bit so being kind to it!

Jody, that’s awful about your mom falling for scam! Makes me wonder what things are going to be like when we get older! 50 for tamiflu? Eek, health insurance and health costs are a very scary part of retiring. Dh seems to be retired already since work is slow and he’s off playing the Nintendo most of the time. We haven’t set any date in stone, still want to check out how much cobra insurance will be.....insurance on the health care market place is $1300 a month for the 2 of us! What’s wrong with the shower? Wouldn’t you love to tell neighbor that if they want it removed then they can pay for it?

Ronne, I’ve gotten that irs call.... I didn’t ‘play’ with them. Dh still says to sales calls, I’m not interested, ok? I tell him to quit being polite, just hang up.

Hi all

Lisa - well done on the rest, strong and sensible! I'm so glad health costs are something I don't have to think about. (Not that it's always easy to access the help that you need here, things are pretty bad here in the healthcare system thanks to years of underfunding.) But at least you don't have to worry about having to pay for it. In fact, it gets a bit easier as prescriptions are free over 60. DH is on a few different things and since his birthday last October he doesn't pay a penny!

Jody - ah, the joys of being a homeowner... and dealing with neighbours! That's terrible about your mum. It's so lucky she didn't send the money. I don't worry too much about that side of getting older (unless I lose my marbles) as I think people our age are generally more aware of this type of thing. Although the scammers are always getting more creative; there's been a wave of stories about people losing tens of thousands of pounds in house purchases or having work done. They get an email from their builder/solicitor saying their bank details have changed and to send the money to a different account and of course it's a scammer who's hacked into the company's computer system. By the time they are contacted by the real people the money's gone. People have lost £30,000 or more!

Mary - renting's fine as long as you've got a decent landlord - a lot them aren't!

My, I'm full of cheeriness today! Super short workout, just the cardio portion of LCMC or whatever it's called. I'll try to come up with some good news stories tomorrow!

Hi all. sorry to have been away so long. I was sick with that flu-crap that is going around. I was sick for a good 2 weeks. I still had a cough until I had to go in for treatment and my doctor prescribed something- worked overnight. At least 5 people in my office have been in and out because of the flu. Anyway, I am back to my workouts. Wrote my back , took a day off, did UB, did LB. I think I need to step-up my cardio.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Murphy, good to hear you’re better....I’m so happy I don’t have much contact with the public and especially no coworkers.

Ronne, I guess free rx over 60 is better than nothing but our couple maintenance rx is only $10 a month max, sometimes cheaper. Here there is Medicare after age 65 where health insurance is a bit cheaper, by about 30%. Dh will be 62 this June.

So I got into a cleaning frenzy yesterday because I got mad at dh. I simply asked what his plan was for his home office because the old big tube tv he threw in there when we replaced it. He said, there you go again. Like I’m making work for him so I was like, fine, I won’t make you help with cleaning, heaven forbid I make work for him! So got the bathroom cleaned, laundry done and house vacuumed. He ended up being on a work call so he probably didn’t feel too bad that I was slaving away since he was working his job. Well, I have a clean house now! Today I have to grocery shop and I’m just planning on a walk. Babying my hamstring since it looks like cycling weather tomorrow (even if it’s a bit windy).

Have a great weekend everyone, who’s watching the super bowl? I’ll probably be at the sewing machine, I’ve caught the quilting bug really bad!

Hello everyone! Today did Cathe live, yesterday was a YouTube workout.

Lisa, isn’t it funny how the littlest things set us off? I have been there with my DH! Lol!

Ronne, any good news from your way?? Cold here and the wind makes it worse. So, now good news from em!

Murphy, I’m so sorry about the flu! It has been a brutal season. Glad you are on the mend.

Jody, I figured out how I didn’t pay the bills! I had put the bills, I forgot to hit submit! Doh! A contract in Spanish? Is that legal? Lol!

Tracey, any news???

Dinner tonight for MIL’s birthday, football on Sunday, food, commercials and watching Tom Brady pull it out again! Good weekend to all! Mary

Quickie from bedtime phone. DOMS still in legs today. Working 4 in a row 2 more to go. So I won't be doing Superbowl even though I don't mind watching it I'll prob go to bed. I'm listening to a podcast with Doug McGuff. Body by Science guy also an ER doc. Emphasis on recovery preceded by high intensity short workouts for weight training. I've followed him before. Have a good weekend all. Nice to see you Murphy.

Hey, how's it going everyone? Today I did fits split pull workout just the weights and a hit run and I spent the rest of the day watching TV and napping pretty much it was a nice day outside I should have spent a little bit more time out there hopefully be back tomorrow with personals and another workout possibly a more productive day as well.
Oh I rescued a lizard from indoors too.

Last edited:
Hi ladies

Jody - well done on getting the workouts in on your day off. I don't blame you for napping!

Mary - DD got a good school report for this term, how's that for good news?

Lisa - congrats on the house cleaning, I know how much you enjoy it!!

Murphy - good to see you. Sorry you've been ill!

So I've started the Feb rotation, but edited and with alternatives. Did a Jessica Smith one today, cardio ball barre something. It was really good, my butt and thighs were talking to me by the end. And my balance isn't so great now I'm not doing yoga so much. Good to do something different.
Not much else going on, going to the cinema a lot. Went on Monday and out tonight (with DH!) to see Phantom Thread.
Just booked myself a deluxe manicure at the weekend as we're going away for a night. I got a voucher for my birthday that I still hadn't used. Been waiting for my nails to grow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.