Who cares/Strong & sensible 2018

Hello

Mary - I love the ICE workouts. Sounds like DS is having a great time. Enjoy the film

I've put the FS rotation in the Workout Manager so am having a go at it but modified of course! Did the Pull Day with abs today. I really liked this one, took a few extra breaks but kept up thereabouts with the weights. The abs didn't feel quite as bad second time round either!

Well, I am in the mist of fighting off whatever cold/flu is currently going around. Ugh. I saw the Fit Split user's guide has an XTrain rotation - 2 month rotation. I can't wait to feel better and try it. :)

Mary - I am so jealous of DS.
Ronne - I too miss the days when Cathe would get a sip of water. LOL I too thought the moves in one of the dvd's felt rushed. I can't remember which one.
Tracey - I missed the interview information but I hope it went well.
Lisa - are you going to make a MJ cookbook? LOL
Roxie/Jody - Waves

Murphy

Hello

Murphy - thanks for alerting me to the User's Guide. I didn't realise it was up there.

Did Push Day only today. It was better than first time when I did cardio first. Still felt a bit rushed but I just paused here and there and managed more reps that way than I did last time. I only added three minutes in total to the premix so not too bad. Also felt like I could maintain better form that way as I don't want to get injured!

Hello all, have been doing YouTube workouts, I have to try the new ones again to get a better feel for them.

Murphy, hope you recover quickly! My mom and dad both have something, they are feeling crummy.

Ronne, movie was enjoyable, I do enjoy a musical! Hamilton is coming here in the summer, prices haven’t been released yet, I hope that they aren’t out of reach.

What’s everyone else up to? 60 here today, tomorrow we are supposed to get18 inches of snow and drop to the 20’s! Crazy. DD goes back to school Monday, DS comes home Monday and my niece is coming in from Arizona for a week. I’m sure it will be busy around here! Good day to all! Mary

Hi all! I've been getting in some workouts just not able to post, I think DH is cramping my style with being semi retired (aka not working so hard since retirement is in a few months. Tuesday it was almost 70 here! So DH and I did a bike ride outside even with the winds. Suki had a blast, at one point DH was holding her leash as she ran in front of him, she took the dirt side of the irrigation ditch, I took the other side that had a sidewalk, at one point she looked over at me and saw I was getting ahead and took off running, it was so funny (it's the small things in life, right?) Since I've been semi successful in edibles I've been researching making tinctures. I discussed more of the MJ experience with my BFF, she thought I was crazy when I told her the couple nights I got a bit too much that I would lay in bed and feel myself so relaxed but then I could feel EXACTLY where my pain points were in my neck, kinda like seeing an xray of my neck and the small areas where the pain generates from would be glowing....well, fast forward a few days and low and behold, she had the same experience (her pain was a headache). Ronne, I figured you'd like that story! On Wed I only walked Suki (I'm starting to feel it in my ankle a bit), today I walked suki and did a 30 min easy spin. I've been so wiped out! One morning DH and I got up and there was a fox sitting in the backyard looking in the window where the shade is pulled up where Suki likes to lay and look outside. Suki went crazy with the smell of the fox in the yard, and the spot he was sitting in is a spot that the dogs regularly smell so I wonder how many times he's been in the yard and if he thinks suki is a fox looking out the window!

So another interesting story.....you know how slow my neighbor is in cycling and how it's an easy day if I ride with her. Well, she contacted me and I guess she had several blood blisters in her female area! One broke and freaked her out since blood in underwear is not a normal thing anymore and she went to gyn. That girl must have been really hurting and that added to her slowness but didn't tell me (I could have helped her out), I had offered a seat for her to try, well once she's healed she's going to try it now and limit her riding time, so I guess I'm losing a cycling partner especially since her DH is retired now. I think it's because she took off the gel covered pad on the seat and didn't upgrade the seat, but I think she'll use this as an excuse to not ride, oh well. I seriously can't believe it got as bad as it did, especially since she wasn't riding all that much at the end of the season (and after she took the pad off).

Mary, We haven't had much snow this winter at all, just lots of cold cold temps. That's so awesome about DS, I tell my kids to go enjoy traveling before they get tied down! My oldest DS has been in China for work for the last 2 weeks.

Tracy, good luck on the interview, you sound like you'll be very well prepared. So exciting getting a puppy, but oh, so much work. Hopefully BB helps with the training of the new puppy.

Ronne, you've really been getting in the new workouts! I'm really out of the Cathe loop these days.

Jody/Murphy, sounds like you all are testing out the new workouts too. It's amazing that I'm not really sad or tempted by them....never thought that would happen. My neck/between shoulder blades are actually a lot happier not lifting weights too much, once in a while one of my Peloton cycling workouts will have some light lifting and I do the ones I know won't make me hurt later.

Last edited:
Hi ladies

Lisa - Two weeks in China, that's a long trip. Lucky DS! Eeeek about your friend's blood blisters. I'm crossing my legs as I type!! Keep up with the weed stories!! Glad to hear you're not sad about the new Cathes. You've found your own path now that works for you.

Mary - get back to Fit Split, woman! Cheating on Cathe with YouTube! (Kidding, really!) Have fun with family.

Did Boxing only premix today. Really liked it. Wouldn't want to do it with the legs portion though. I can see I'll be using that premix a lot.
I'm getting some family time this weekend as well. My brother, wife and sons are coming over to London from Spain. I haven't seen him for three years. We're going over tomorrow and staying overnight in London and spending the day on Sunday with them. It will be nice to catch up properly with them all.
Have a good one everyone.

Monday again, how was everyone weekend? Ronne, I’m sure you had a great one catching up!

Sunday dh and I did a bike ride, wind was a bit chilly from the north. Today we have a couple inches of snow, I did an hr of spinning and now a headache has taken over. Going to cook an early dinner because I’m starving so hoping food helps. Salmon tacos from home chef is on the menu.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

45 min spinning, DH is walking Suki because of the cold/snow, I hope to walk her tomorrow before my massage, then it should be warm enough Thursday and Friday for a bike ride outside - - - - if the weather forecast is right!

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hey all! I did FS metabolic today- kinda shoulder intensive as usual with her circuit and metabolics (to me) but I appreciated that it was 30 min time frame, I just skipped some of the chapters and made some others more with push up moves. I'm having the new shower installed, still finishing up. Fingers crossed. I also got some new Asics- I went to the shoe store and got assistance from the salesperson, how quaint, right? I'll be back tomorrow with personals and another workout. I did 6 days in a row 64 hours in 6 days, yesterday was nothing- I just got dressed for workout but could only muster a preview then watched The Circle (Hanks and Watson), miss-able!. Today was better!

Last edited:
Hello

Lisa - we've got some cold weather again here. There was even a light covering of snow this morning. It's now bright and crisp, just how I like it.

Jody - I'm not surprised you didn't manage a workout! That's a lot of hours. I know what you mean about metabolic, they do always include a lot of shoulder work which is probably why my shoulders are now one of my strongest body parts! I did the same one today for the first time. I liked it and I think it's the only one I'll do as is. I was getting a bit tired by the end of it. Lucky you with the trainers. I'm saving up as I'm broke this month!

Kept up with the FS rotation. Splitting the workouts is best for me. Yesterday was just Shred Cardio and I subbed the abs for the S&S abs. I never do those because I'm always too tired from the main workouts so it's a good chance to get them in. Today I did the MC one for the first time. Pretty straightforward.
Had a great time at the weekend with the family. It was lovely to see everyone.
Went to see Three Billboards. Really good film.

Ronne that sounds lovely (both weekend fun and your morning crispness)! I haven't heard of that film yet.

Lisa, what is home chef? Just you or hubs cooking or are you trying one of those services? I hope you get some outdoor cycling in/weather permits. Do you think you've lost your neighbor as a cycle buddy? Do you mind? I hope she has speedy healing!

Mary, I hope you get to see Hamilton! My aunt and uncle are still in Ohio, she's having some medical tests done, but plans to be out of cold Ohio and back here in FL asap (by the time the scopes finish drying, lol).

Murphy, did you get to start the new rotation yet? I hope your cold/flu bug is gone.

Tracy, any news on the new baby/puppy or work front?

I did RWH LIHI Legs and abs 1- skipping some of the lunge chapters and standing part of the abs. Today I need to vac thoroughly following the dust storm from removal of old shower. I'm happy about it but spending 6K is depressing and the rest of the bath still needs updating so I am struggling with buyers remorse but that is just me. It needed to be done though so in the end its better that it is done and not hanging over me plus DD is quite delighted.

Hi all

Jody - sounds like a proper workout! Enjoy the new shower, I'm sure it's worth it.

Still on FS rotation - L&G plus abs today. Dropped the 12s to 10s and found it more doable. Only a couple of short breaks. I can't get through a leg workout with weights without decent breaks.
Nothing much else going on. Got to go into town for a few unexciting bits and pieces. At least the sun is shining again.

Jody, wow, that's a lot of working! No wonder you couldn't muster too much exercise. I'm sure you'll appreciate the new shower, especially when cleaning, isn't it supposed to be a lot easier to clean with very few seams? I bet you have buyers remorse because you'd rather use that $ on travel! :)

Ronne, We haven't been to the movie theatre in years (notice how I spelled theater just for you :) ) We are looking to get a 65" tv before DH retires. We're ones that wait for the movie to come to the home theatre but then I always forget what movies I want to watch since they aren't very heavily marketed then. Imagine that me forgetting ! :)

So, Wed I tried to do spinning since I woke up early but only mustered 30 min, then had my massage then vegged all day --- massage doesn't feel good to me until the next day, I'm a bit sore right after since my stupid neck problems, sigh. I think it's important for us to learn as we age what we can and can't do and learn to accept it..like lighter weights. Anyways, Thursday DH and I took a nice bike ride....I did push it a bit, got my HR up to 160 trying to come in 1st on a segment. Strava has segments people have defined......I'm always on the hunt to try to come in 1st on the easier ones :) I have 9 now that I'm leader on! Quite a few in 2nd place....I can't even muster 1st place going down our big hill, I only can get 2nd as I don't want to wipe out trying! I've seen someone wipe out and flip over! Anyways, we are getting ready for another ride today, then we get snow on Saturday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Woot, woot! Got out for another ride today. The north wind was a bit cold! I think I’ve found a good way to wear my buffs for warmth. I wear one like I sweat band with it spreading across the top of my head (that’s for sweat and sun protection for my scalp), then the second is around my neck, the important thing is to take the back and pull it over the back of my head to the top, keeps the wind off the back of my neck. I look like I’m wearing a hijab, but dh thinks it’s cool because I look like Jaz on The Brave show, does anyone watch that?

Jody, never answered your question, home chef is one of those meal delivery services like blue apron. I love not having to shop for the groceries and getting a variety of foods. They aren’t all calorie conscious foods, I’m having pasta and bread tonight, I earned it!

Hi Lisa and everyone

Lisa - I appreciate the correct spelling!!! I do like to get out of the house. Yesterday, the weather was awful, raining all day but DH and I went to the cinema together. We went to see The Post. Great film, highly recommend it. (Put it on your non-existent list!)

Had another family weekend. DH's daughter and granddaughter came to stay, then son and girlfriend came over on Sat night. Took the weekend off exercise, but playing with a 1 year old was pretty tiring! It was lovely to all be together.
Back on the rotation today: MIC only plus S&S abs.

Lisa, I've been tempted by those services, I will try them eventually! Good to know that you like yours. I have a buff too but I find it feels really tight so I don't go for it very often. I haven't watched that show btw.

Ronne, fun family time!

Speaking of families, I've a good friend coming over today to chat about her dd (youngest dd bff back prior to divorces and family drama) who is in some kind of trouble. Man its tough when our kids aren't doing well, that never gets easier.

On the workout front - I'm letting go of any delusions of Cathe rotations. I've been following one from RWH ( modifying, subbing here and there and halving it, spacing it out, etc) but I need something else. Like two workouts a week and anything else just a bonus. I'll be working 4 12's a week, often 4 in a row, and sometimes more and usually different days which is to say a very irregular schedule. So I'm thinking heavy wts once a week and some kind of sprints once a week. Ideas?

Waves to all~~~

Ronne, and here I’d prefer to stay home. We actually got a good amount of snow yesterday, 8 inches, we haven’t had that much at once in over a year!

Jody, I like how everything is all proportioned out and all I have to do is cook it. There’s a few recipes I’ve remade but it goes back to being a chore shopping for it, then measuring it. It’s one thing that dh and I like to do together. If I had to cook it all myself I’d be less enthusiastic about it. I bought a bunch of buffs on amazon, all but one are very stretchy....I don’t care for the tight non stretchy one.

I did 45 min of spinning. My hamstring is bothering again, massage therapist said it sounds like I tweaked it a bit. The pain in my glute is actually the attachment point for the 3 hamstring muscles.

Hello everyone! Everyone is gone and life should get back to “normal “?

I’m going to try and catch up here! I have been working out!

Ronne, we saw The Post, enjoyed it very much. Very interesting, especially in these times.

Lisa, is there enough food in the service? DH eats so much due to his training, it does seem like it makes life easier. By the way, what is a buff? I’m out of the loop.

Jody, that’s a lot of hours! Be good to yourself on your days off!

Hello to Tracey, how did the interview go?

Hi Murphy!

Kids all back at school, was so lovely having them home, niece came, looks like she might be moving here in May. She’s not too crazy about Arizona. We shall see. My dad got admitted to the hospital, he got the flu, developed into pneumonia, doing much better. My mom just got into a car accident with my youngest, they are both ok. Just a little stressful as my parents are maturing, now that the kids left I got replacements! Lol! Just worry. Back at work, SO MUCH flu! My hands are miserable! Hope everyone is well, talk to you soon! Mary

Hi Fit Babes! I always enjoy your posts!

Hi Ronne! I think I did OK on the interview, at least I walked out feeling like I hadn't screwed up! Thank you for wishing me luck on it. I think it's a great idea that your BF run 10k and you don't. That's what I would do! Good going on not pressing that pause button on Mixed Cardio Impact! I try not to press that button but some days just require it more than others! And for maintaining better form the second time around with Push Day--that's excellent! No injuries wanted thankyouverymuch! Wow! 3 years is a long time not to see your brother and his family. Glad you had a lovely time! I want to see the movie The Post, I hope it's still in the theatres in 2 weeks when I have a movie date with a friend. Movies don't seem to stay in theatres very long anymore!

Mary, that was such a sweet thing to say about saying prayers for me and that I'd be a shoe-in if I was engaging in my interview. Thank you so much! I was interviewed by a panel of 4 people, and one of them was my mentor! Haven't heard anything yet though and I couldn't really tell how I came across. It's hard to read 3 people you've never met before! That's pretty awesome that your DS attended a conference in Rome with our ambassador, how cool is that? I'm out of the loop too--I don't know what a buff is either! I'm sorry your parents have been experiencing medical issues--it IS hard when they become the kids!

Murphy, I hope you are feeling better! Have you started the FS/X-Train rotation?

Lisa, I think DH needs to quit being up in your business so you can come here whenever you want! I love how Suki ran faster so she could be ahead! I think the fox in your backyard though Suki was a fox also and wondered why she wasn't outside! I'm so sorry about your neighbor and her blisters! Ouch! If I was riding with you and that happened to me, I would seek your advice! Thank you for wishing me luck on the interview! I am out of the Cathe loop right now too. I started a BeachBody program last week with a 30-something pipsqueak! It's supposed to go 80 days and eating right is a big part of it. I'm actually doing better on the eating part and we'll see how long that lasts! I feel a lot of pain when I get a massage so I am with you on that! You cracked me up when you said you forgot the names of movies. I actually like going to them again! Tuesday night is cheap night and the theatre near me has converted all of the rooms to living rooms--recliners which are pretty darn comfy and no one can kick your seat! And you can reserve in advance so no need to hurry getting there. I haven't heard of the Brave show. Where does it show?

Jodi, I hope you are liking the new shower as much as DS is now! And working 64 hours is 6 days? YIKES girl!! I'm glad you got fitted for new tennis even of it was for a preview followed by a much needed rest! I hate spending money for items I consider maintenance so I understand! It's at those times that I wish I could call a landlord.... For your quest to do weights one day and cardio another, are you thinking of doing Cathe? For weight days, you can do the upper and lower body premix for the Pyramid workouts or Muscle Max or Muscle Endurance, the lower and upper body premix from the Tri-sets from the LIS. For cardio, there's the Tabata workout from X-Train, anything from RWH (hee hee!) or any IMAX. I don't know if that helps! I'm into trying to balance things when I can too.

Hi Roxie! Hope things are good with you!

Well, it looks like we won't be getting the puppy after all. He was born with a heart murmur (something very common for the breed) and it would be best for him to go with a less active family. He won't be able to keep up with BB (who at 7 has no murmur and chased a tennis ball numerous times at 100 mph tonight) so the breeder didn't feel right giving us this dog. (There will be no problem placing him, that's never been an issue for her). It made me sad but I completely understand. There will be another litter later this spring so we'll see about then.

And unfortunately, I've been really agitated about the job since the interview! That's because I want it really badly and I've worked hard to get it. They interviewed 6 candidates but I have no idea if someone else blew them out of the water. None of my references have been contacted but things often move slower than I think they should. And although I wasn't counting on it, I have to work out of town the next 2 days and I am welcoming it so I will get out of my head!

For a change of pace, I am doing the new 80 Day Obsession with Beachbody. 6 workouts a week and a whole lotta shoulder work that this girl does not always care for! In fact, I will not be doing the Saturday workout again--no warm up and too much body weight bearing on the shoulders--wrenched my right one again but it calmed down by the next day. That's what I get for training with a youngin'! I like it so far though.

Oh! Gonna brag just a little. Years ago, I was able to go to the Nike employee store (where everything is half the price of retail) when I worked for my last employer (no, it wasn't Nike). Well, my sister now works for a company that allows employees to go to the Nike employee store a few times a year. And yes! Family is welcome! I just might be able to get shoes that match my leggings like Mary after all!

Have a fun and healthy week sweet babes!

Hi ladies

Wow, lots to catch up on!

Tracy - thanks for the mega post! Still keeping everything crossed for you job-wise! Sounds like a good idea to get away and get it out of your head for a bit. Good luck with the rotation. I've decided six days a week isn't for me, unless one of those days is stretching/yoga type stuff. It's just too much wear and tear! Shame about the puppy but I'm sure you'll get another one at some point. Enjoy your Nike shopping!

Mary - so would niece come and live with you? Sorry to hear about your parents. My parents are still relatively young yet but I am dreading the next stage particularly as they live 120 miles away! Hope the flu doesn't get you!

Lisa - I've got a service a bit like that - it's called DH!! And I don't even have to cook!

Jody - I'm sure you'll be a sympathetic ear for your BFF. I would think FS would fit the bill for you. The cardio is all about 20 mins and you could even split the weights sections up even smaller. Don't forget the MM segments on ICE as well, so you could just do one body part at a time and keep cycling through (and avoid doing too many shoulders!). The two ICE cardios are pretty short as well.

Just did FS L&G today. Added on a Jessica Smith stretch of about 15 mins. Feel like I need some longer stretches at the moment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.