Who cares - MARCHing on!

fitover40

Cathlete
Hi everyone, new month!

Murphy, I don't think I'll ever be ready for blasts! Meltdowns can still be performed with lower weight if you are bored and want something different or do only 1 body part a day.
Mary, wow! Disney! I guess you are just winging it?
Ronne, glad DH is better, sounds a little worrisome. What a pain with tracking down the payment....those type of things I send DH off to go fight, I don't have the patience!
Well, I overdid a wee bit....surprise, surprise. I really didn't do much at all so it doesn't take much to flare this tendonitis up. Th,Fr,Sat I did my PT exercises along with a bit more walking (we are literally talking about maybe 500 steps more, and none for exercising the dog, just going out, finally), so I felt sunday, oh no, still went for a bike ride 7 miles. Monday I did CTX UB and a 6 mile bike ride. Went to PT last night, told them the same old hurt was back, so they said no exercises(bicycling is fine) and gave me an awesome foot rub and calf stretch and some joint mobilizations. So awesome I swear I want to marry this PT! lol! My left leg felt an inch longeer after all that stretching/massaging! The said there are 3 of the peroneal tendons that wrap around your foot and all of them have sore spots so I'm to tennis ball roll it.....I actually shopped online for a better massage tool (can't wait for it to get here). I also bought a calf stretcher for when I can really get these babies stretched out on my own.....I guess tight calves (even though I always stretched them) contributed. Today I'll take suki for another bike ride, she really seems to enjoy it. I sure am beat after the rides, I'm breathing hard getting up some hills in low gear so that I don't have to push through my legs too much and anger my left ankle (when I do have to push the right works harder).

Last edited:
Holy cow! March? Time flies! Today did a Cathe live, PHA training, it was short and sweet. Lisa, I'm so glad you found the right person to help you! Ronne, taxes, we got ours done all ready because of all the college stuff. Kind of nice to have out of the way. Hopefully we will get our refund before we go to Disney. Roxie, glad to hear from you, glad you are ok! Murphy, did you ever catch that cold? Would that throw you off your chemo schedule? Not much here, just getting house together to go back to work tomorrow. Good day to all! Mary

Today was a rest day on the rotation so I did about 1/2 hour of Just Dance for the Wii. I wanted to move but I don't want to go crazy.

Lisa - I am glad the PT is helping. A good PT is worth his/her weight in gold.
Mary - yes, I did catch the cold and no, it did not change my chemo schedule. I did let the doctor know but I went ahead with it. Chemo is the only place I can rest. Sad isn't it. LOL.

Murphy

Hi all

Lisa - thanks for getting us started, I'd completely forgotten. Hope it's more a case of two steps forward, one step back for you ...

Mary - what does PHA stand for?

Murphy - are you working full time as well?

Roxie - good to see you.

Yoga again today, a hip-focused one, worked pretty hard. Not much else going on, housework calling me but I seem to be successfully ignoring it at the moment! I'm getting really lazy, just can't be bothered to do stuff. I just want to curl up with a book.

ICE MM biceps and icey core1, bike ride in this super windy weather of 7 miles. PT too, feeling better, minor setback, I think I did one exercise with too much range of motion on the pilates reformer (ie. I did with bare feet vs at PT I do with shoes, therapist agreed that could have been it), regardless I'm only going to do my PT exercises 1 addtional day at home (not the 2 I did before). Hopefully that will keep me marching in the right slow direction. Ronne, I still have yet to do much cleaning, good thing I got a roomba for Christmas so it can vacuum! Some weather calls for curling up with a book. Murphy, we workout mostly for the fun, right? So that sounds like a perfect rest day! Mary, I did do our taxes while I was laid up!

Good Evening,

I had the afternoon off thank god. I discovered the estrogen patch is causing redness where I put it so the doctor suggested going without it and if I need something she will give me a pill.

Lisa-windy here

Mary-we owe big time on taxes

Ronne-still with you guys

Murphy-good job with Ice

Hi everyone

Lisa - sounds like a good workout.
Roxie - sounds like you needed the rest!

KCM Plateau Buster 1 done. I'm feeling it from the yoga. Just been to the tip and got rid of a load of junk - so satisfying!

ICE total body metabolic something or other. I liked it. I like this series so far.

Speaking of cleaning. We redid the basement. There is dust, sawdust, and general home repair stuff down there. DH is supposed to be finishing the ceiling paint but that has not happened. I am doing the other stuff where I can (no, I am not pushing it). I really need the painting to be done so that we can get the floor done - and finish the project. The basement is my mom cave and I soooo need my mom cave back.

Ronne - yes, I am working full time. I take off chemo days but that is it.
Lisa - glad to hear the setback was minor. Glad you are progressing nicely.
Roxie - I hope things work out with the patch issues. Glad you got some rest.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Good Evening,

I did week 5 day 2 of Fitnessfreak's Total Body workout and Turbo Jam Standing Abs. Another busy day at work I wish it would slow down so I can get caught up.

Hello

Murphy - that was one of the ones that caught my eye. I may get it eventually. I love DIY projects :rolleyes:

Yoga again, starting to feel like it's making a difference, finding some of the poses easier.
No great plans this weekend. We're off to Ikea to look at furniture for DD's room.
Mother's Day on Sunday, so we're going out for a walk and afternoon tea.
I'll probably take a break from exercise, feels like my body needs it.

Happy Friday! Yesterday I did a 9 mile bike ride with DH so I had Suki only 1/2 the time (and therefore we could ride farther). Today was ICE MM Back and Icey core2, will be heading out on bike, 5-6 miles to get Suki out and about (and me too!). Roxie, Why would the dr think you WOULDN'T need a patch? How are you feeling so far? Murphy, wow, i bow to you, you are like superwoman with projects, health issues, work, and exercise. Hope you are also taking time for you too, it's so important! Ronne, you are so good about listening to your body! I tell you, I'd love to have someone stretch my whole body, that calf stretch the PT did on me was so awsome, I could only imagine if my whole body was totally stretched out. It's hard for me to relax the muscle I'm trying to stretch (and to get the range). I'm serious, I'd be as happy as a pig wallowing in mud if I could have someone do a total body stretch ON me! I'm being VERY careful with this #$%@#$% foot/ankle on my off PT days. I've learned I can't rush it, sigh. Thank goodness for the bike! And the nice weather (though I could use an off day and we need a bit of rain). Mary, what fun have you been up to?

Did ICE TTM premix. It was just the right amount of time. I am not sure I could have done more leg work.

Ronne - I need to get back into yoga. It made such a difference for me. Our Mother's Day is in May and Father's Day in June. When is your Father's Day?
Roxie -how do you like Fitness Freak's rotation? I don't think I have ever tried any.
Lisa - That is a nice bike ride. I am glad you found something you could do and not hurt your foot/ankle.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Happy Friday! Yesterday I did a 9 mile bike ride with DH so I had Suki only 1/2 the time (and therefore we could ride farther). Today was ICE MM Back and Icey core2, will be heading out on bike, 5-6 miles to get Suki out and about (and me too!). Roxie, Why would the dr think you WOULDN'T need a patch? How are you feeling so far? Murphy, wow, i bow to you, you are like superwoman with projects, health issues, work, and exercise. Hope you are also taking time for you too, it's so important! Ronne, you are so good about listening to your body! I tell you, I'd love to have someone stretch my whole body, that calf stretch the PT did on me was so awsome, I could only imagine if my whole body was totally stretched out. It's hard for me to relax the muscle I'm trying to stretch (and to get the range). I'm serious, I'd be as happy as a pig wallowing in mud if I could have someone do a total body stretch ON me! I'm being VERY careful with this #$%@#$% foot/ankle on my off PT days. I've learned I can't rush it, sigh. Thank goodness for the bike! And the nice weather (though I could use an off day and we need a bit of rain). Mary, what fun have you been up to?

Lisa-I am allergic to the one I was using and if I start having problems she will give me some estradiol but she wants me to try and go without anything and so far I am ok.

Did ICE TTM premix. It was just the right amount of time. I am not sure I could have done more leg work.

Ronne - I need to get back into yoga. It made such a difference for me. Our Mother's Day is in May and Father's Day in June. When is your Father's Day?
Roxie -how do you like Fitness Freak's rotation? I don't think I have ever tried any.
Lisa - That is a nice bike ride. I am glad you found something you could do and not hurt your foot/ankle.

Waves to all.

Murphy

Murphy-I like this rotation she got it off of bodybuilding. I have enjoyed her rotations in the past.

Good evening! Today did a barre workout. These dang kids have me running! I hope everyone is well, I hope to have more time Saturday or Sunday! Mary

Hi everyone

Lisa - you're becoming a cycling nut! I think the stretching is a byproduct at the moment, I'm doing quite a lot of balances including arm balance so there's quite a lot UB work in there.

Murphy - Father's Day is the same here, it's Mother's day that's different for some reason.

Mary - sounds like you're busy!

Roxie - did you get some rest this weekend?

Had a very busy weekend in the end. Got DD's room kitted out, now just have to put it all together!
Had a lovely day yesterday, we've not been out for a walk for ages and it was just nice to be outdoors. Made up for the exercise with loads of cake and sandwiches after!
Yoga again today – lots of leg balances, pretty funny!

HI all. Did LB chisel today from ICE. I am loving this series. Oh, I increased poundage today, up to 4's and 5's from 3's and 4's. Yeah me.

Sorry short on personals. Waves to all.

Murphy

Hi all! Quick hello, internet is down so I'm on my phone. Hard to type! Hope everyone is well, I'll be back Wednesday ! Mary

Hi everyone! Guess what I did this weekend, yea, we biked a new trail here, Suki loved it, in total only about 12 miles between sat and sun. Small mileage compared to my brother who has bicycled since his youth. I don't like riding on streets though, especially with Suki. I'm finding it harder on the gravel trails (and hence fatter tires slow you down), so that's my story and I'm sticking to it! Today I did HR UB PM. My neck is bothering me, I'm not always keeping it right on the bicycle. On the days I concentrate it's better, hard to concentrate when you're trying to get up a hill! Hopefully I learn!

Murphy, I've totally accepted lighter weights, sometimes I do only one arm at a time (like they do in ICE).

Mary, yes it is hard to type on a phone!

Ronne, outdoors improves my mood tremendously! Sounds like you were busy!

Roxie, hope it all works out for you.

Off to PT, I'm tired of this already. I feel much better, just the dull ache in the foot where it all started.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.