Which players?

L Sass

Cathlete
Hi SNM - got mine today. They freeze on my older JVC (which unfortunately, is the one in my workout room), but apparently not on my newer Panasonic DVD/VCR combo. The freeze on the JVC is a standstill - it will not advance at all. I still have more previewing to do. Good luck in your search to find what's up.

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Hi Lorrie! What model is your new Panasonic if you don't mind me asking? All 4 of mine freeze. TIA, Kathy:D

Hi not SNM or Cathe
The new dvd's did not freeze on my SONY player, but did freeze on my Toshiba which is several years old. (MY SONY is new $69.99 at Best Buy)
Jen

Kathy - my Panasonic is the DMR-ES40V - dual player - got it at Costco. So far no freezing on it. I'm playing BMax2 in my JVC and so far no freezing. Jen - $70.00 is not bad for a new DVD player - I know I'll get flamed for this, but I may even be willing to go replace my old JVC if it means doing these workouts sooner rather than later!

ETA: BMax2 did indeed freeze on the JVC - at the beginning of power circuit 4 (I think 55:45 - it goes to 55:50 and then back to 55:45 etc - cannot get past that point). When I put it into the Panasonic it had a little hiccup there but kept moving through.

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

I also have 2 DVDs players. I have only viewed Low Impact Circuit and Drill Max. Drill Max did freeze on cardio 4 in my older player which a Pioneer 5-disc DVD changer. I have a new player that was rather expensive as it is a Toshiba HD DVD player. No freezing whatsoever. I could not even tell where the freezing should have occurred. Plus the picture looked excellent on this DVD player. I did not even try Low Impact Circuit in the older player as I just figure it will freeze since they have discovered that there is definitely a problem and Drill Max did freeze.

We have not tested on an x-box, but we have tested successfully on a play station. We have also not seen any problems on any computers playing the disc...but we will have to see as more reports come in.

They played fine in my computer but every single one of them froze on the DVD player in my workout room. I have Norcent down there - it is about 3 years old.

Hi
I did buy the SONY to play the new DVDs. I knew my player was old and decided to just get a new one and the dvds work fine.
jen

I have a Philips DVP642, I just purchased it in June 2006. So far, I've pre-viewed Low Max and Body Max, and both play flawlessly, so I'm confident, I won't have a problem on this player. By the way, I bought this model because the reviews said it plays anything, and so far, I've found that to be true.

Iris

All of mine also play flawlessly on my 2 year old Sony 5 disc player. Also tested on my computer and our one disc Sony player and all played just fine.

Becky

I only tried playing Body Max on my laptop. It was playing like the clips when you first try to watch them. I have a Compaq laptop.

Mine are playing fine on my Panasonic dvd player, it's a couple of months old. However, they do freeze on my Liteon player, it's about a year old. I normally only use the Panasonic player for my workouts, but who's to say that when that player quits working that the dvds will play in another player, and by then it would be too late to return them. What is everyone else doing if they play on one player and not on another?

I have 3 DVD players. 2 are VCR/DVD players.

Old 5+ Panasonic dvd/vcr:All Cathe's new DVDs played fine.
Newer Toshiba DVD:All Cathe's new DVDs completely froze.
Newer Go.Video dvd/vcr:All Cathe's new DVDs skipped and bumped but didn't freeze.

Hi Irisq1,

Which of the following is your DVD player?

1. Philips DVP642 Multi Region Code Free DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD Player

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP64...r_3/102-5204921-3869712?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

Or is it:

2.Philips DVP642 DivX-Certified Progressive-Scan DVD Player

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP64...r_1/102-5204921-3869712?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

>I have a Philips DVP642, I just purchased it in June 2006.
>So far, I've pre-viewed Low Max and Body Max, and both play
>flawlessly, so I'm confident, I won't have a problem on this
>player. By the way, I bought this model because the reviews
>said it plays anything, and so far, I've found that to be
>true.
>
>Iris

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.