Here's my recipe for Homemade NuttZo PF (Peanut-Free):
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup raw brazil nuts
1/2 cup raw hazelnuts
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup flax seed
1/4 cup chia seed

I roast the nuts in the oven for a few minutes, let cool completely, then add to the Vitamix. (I've done it in the food processor, too, but it took longer and cleanup was harder.) Blend it according to your manufacturer's directions (I Googled a ton of recipes to get an idea of processing time,) then store it in the refrigerator. This batch makes about 2 1/2 cups of nut butter. I have named the recipe Crack Butter, for its crack-like addictive properties! :) :eek:

Ooooo..... you've covered ALL the bases with this one! Wow! I have yet to try making a nut butter in my Vitamix. I'm curious about how much work with the tamper this is for you? Sometimes, just blending a nut cheese works my forearms even harder than a Cathe workout! :eek: Thanks, AuntNi!

I've been pondering this recipe and wondering if my little blendy doo-hickey could handle it....I'll have to read the instructions.

But I thought of this....cocoa powder is FULL of antioxidants and fiber......Chocolate Crack?:p

Oh, it's fine. I estimate it's only about 1 1/2 mins of processing time in the Vitamix.
Impressive! I belong to a Yahoo group for Vitamix users and I've read a few posts where people mention that making nut butter requires extra patience and tamping. A minute and half sounds pretty simple to me! Thanks for your reply! :)

And, oh yeah, Chocolate Crack sounds pretty darn good to me!! :)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.