Which is harder for you, BodyMax2 or Drill Max?

JT

Cathlete
Hello Cathe and Friends.

Tonight, I finally did Drill Max and thought it went well till Drill#6. It was humbling and found a new challenge. To me, I thought
BodyMax2 was easier.
My question is which workout do you consider the most difficult and why? Both of these workouts are being dubbed as "super-advanced" by another source.
Your input is valuable. Thank you for your time.

Jennifer in MI

I need to do each workout a few more times before I give a fully informed opinion. I tend to go lighter on the weights and put less intensity in the cardio moves as I'm learning a new workout. I'll do each one again next week and report back. So far, Drill Max is in the lead for 'toughest.'

Cardio Fusion, to me, is tougher than BOTH Drill Max and Body Max 2 (this opinion, too, could change over time.)

I plan on doing the "Scrambled Eggs" premix of BMax 2 sometime soon as I hear that one's a real burner!!!!!!!!!!!

Body Max gave me a nice workout but Drill Max for me was the harder of the two. The cardio is more intense in Drill Max. I think also the new strength moves in Drill Max made it more of a challenge. I'm looking forward to doing Cardio Fusion and will also report back.

Marcy

I did Cardio Fusion the first time this morning. I went into it thinking it was going to be a fairly routine cardio. OMG was I ever wrong! It gave me a very thorough butt kicking. IMHO if I were to rank them in intensity I would say Cardio Fusion, BM2, then Drill Max.

I haven't done CF yet (it's on the rotation for next week), but I did DM today and I would say it is a lot harder than BM2. I LOVED BM2, thought it was an awesome workout, but I was panting like a wet dog during DM. :) I even had to stop and catch my breath a couple of times! Awesome!!!

Marie

IMO BodyMax2 is harder for 2 reasons: 1) It's on a 8" step and I normally use 6" and 2) The cardio and blasts just keep going and going unlike Drill Max where you get a little break during the weight work.

I agree that Cardio Fusion is the hardest of the bunch.

Sue

I found BM2 harder. I've done drills like the ones in Drill Max, so I'm used to them. The steady state and the ENDLESS reps in the power circuits of BM2 got me. But, regardless, I adore them both!

It's just apples and oranges to me. They both kick my booty in different ways and for different reasons. If you want to talk strictly endurance, then I think bodymax has the edge out. You may be taken afloat by your own sweat.

Debbie

My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
--Ellen Degeneres

Cardio Fusion is one I haven't tried yet, and I've read about the scrambled eggs on BM2 as well but haven't ventured into that either.
When I previewed CF, I knew that one would have to wait awhile.
Drill Max did me in, I did most of the cardio on #6 then it was downhill after that.
My opinion as well might change. The sweat issue, it was more crystalized in BMX2 and swimming in it with DrillMax.
For a breather, how about Boot Camp? My perspective has changed cause I've realized I can do more than I thought.

Thanks for your input, I like to read what everyone is writing about.

Jennifer in MI

Drill Max was harder than BodyMax2. To be fair though I did BodyMax2 after a rest day while Drill Max was in the middle of my week rotation.

I'm totally envious of the ones who have Cardio Fusion...I have to wait to order it through CKSALES. Of course it also means another new workout to look forward to.

>IMO BodyMax2 is harder for 2 reasons: 1) It's on a 8" step
>and I normally use 6" and 2) The cardio and blasts just keep
>going and going unlike Drill Max where you get a little break
>during the weight work.
>

I agree. I did Drill Max for the first time today and while I definitely thought it was tough, I found BM2 to be even tougher. I was actually dreading doing DM because I thought it was going to be so hard, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Drill Max. At first I thought BM 2 was harder but now that I've done Drill Max twice and know it better, I believe it is harder. It is so different from the usual workout and I think that is what makes it more challenging for me right now.
Angela

I think Drill Max is harder. My rear end started hurting within hours and this morning they're still on fire! I can't remember the last time a workout gave me DOMS that very same day. And that wasn't even Buts & Guts! :) I love both of them, though.

Cheryl

Well, now that I have done all the workouts, I definitly think BM2 is harder that Drill Max, at least in terms of cardio. It just seems like nonstop cardio until the Upper Body segement. Drill Max definitly caused shoulder DOMS and is tough, but you have a chance to recover from the cardio while doing each weight circuit. Cardio Fusion is also tough cardio, but I didn't really finish that to say whether its harder than BM2. But I love them all!!

I think Drill Max was harder. I have done both of them twice and this morning Drill Max had me drenched and panting :) I have to cut out Drill #5 because of all the jumping and I dont want my neighbor downstairs to get too upset.....

If I had all the space to do it, I think Drill Max would be more difficult.

I do not think "Body Max 2" is super advanced at all.

It is much less extreme than the original Body Max (in my humble opinion).

Perhaps I prefer the music and choreography of Body Max 2, but I have so much fun doing that workout that time flies!

I wish I could do Drill Max the way it was intended to be done, but I have space issues and jumping higher does not solve the problem.

Drill Max is a space hog for me.

I love the workout and think it is superb, but it (and Butts and Guts during the walking lunges) take up too much space for people like me.

I have a fairly large workout area, but not enough to do Drill Max with enough intensity.

If I had all the space to do it, I think Drill Max would be more difficult.

I do not think "Body Max 2" is super advanced at all.

It is much less extreme than the original Body Max (in my humble opinion).

Perhaps I prefer the music and choreography of Body Max 2, but I have so much fun doing that workout that time flies!

I wish I could do Drill Max the way it was intended to be done, but I have space issues and jumping higher does not solve the problem.

Drill Max is a space hog for me.

I love the workout and think it is superb, but it (and Butts and Guts during the walking lunges) take up too much space for people like me.

I have a fairly large workout area, but not enough to do Drill Max with enough intensity.

Cardio Fusion had me ready to call 911!

Not really, it is an awesome workout -- the intensity just never stops.

I think it is the hardest of all Cathe's cardio workouts!

And I truly appreciate Cathe's generosity!

It is a "must have" for any Cathe fan.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.