Which dvds (besides Travel Fit) don't require any equipment?

murfmom

Cathlete
I'm going on vacation next week and would like to bring along a couple of dvds. It will be my "active recovery" week after STS Meso One. I'll have access to a treadmill (basic hotel workout room) and plan to go for a lot of walks. I'll bring Travel Fit and bands, and tubing. Any suggestions?

MMA kickboxing (5 pound weights for an work, but you don't need the weight for that). How about Slide and glide, bring your discs and green band.

In fact most of the kickboxing you could do without gloves. Also, most of the Shock Cardio Series is equipment-free. Turbo barre? (just need a chair) Something like Crossfire - there are a few bits with light weights, where you could use water bottles. Tabatacise - just do the recovery blasts without the step????

If it's a recovery week, don't forget lots of yoga / stretching.

Have a great time

I'm on vacay now and I brought TF, Hiit, yoga and I'm doing 50 push ups a day. Wish I would have thought of slide & glide disks too!! But I may grab some paper plates and have my own little slide & glide party w/out Cathe's guidance :(

I just did this myself. I brought Travel Fit, Rockout Knockout (any of the kickboxing workouts will do), Yoga, and I brought Lean Legs & Abs. It requires very little weight. I actually found the hotel I was at would bring light hand weights to my room, so I did that. Some hotels will supply yoga mats - otherwise just one of the bath towels on the floor works! I also agree that HiiT would work, too.

Great question - I have been trying to go through all my videos to see what I can do with very minimal equipment (and room since some of these hotels barely fit a bed!), so the answers will help me also.

Almost any Kickbox (as stated). I hold 2 water bottles to add a little weight. (Hard Strikes and Rockout Knockout I usually do since little space is needed)

Cardio Core Circuit (just need a towel to lie on the floor)

HiiT Pyramid

X10 - Cardio Blast

Tabatacise (like posted, I do the recovery portion just without the step. I use an imaginary step)

Rockout Knockout - Bonus section

To The Max - Bonus slide n glide tabata section

Crossfire - Bonus cardio tabata section

I still can't get workout blender to work for me, which is too bad since I created a bunch of mish mashes of videos to take along with me.

If you're looking for any non-Cathe DVD's I've taken Amy Dixon's Breathless Body on vacation with me and it's chaptered well so you don't have to do the enitre hour. Also a few of the Horizontal conditioning DVD's use either just body weight or sliding discs; Mindy Mylrea's Intensity Overload has no equipment; KCM's TLC has a great boxing and lower body workout out and you don't have to wear weighted gloves for it; Zuzka's cardio power series - just to name a few.

I like Amy Dixon's Breathless Body series, as well (Volume #1 is a bit repetitive, so if that bothers you, go with Volumes 2 and/or 3). Amy shows three levels of the moves, so if you want a low impact day, you are set. Agree with KCM's TLC as a fun, effective one (the premixes will give you variety, as well). Susan Chung's Rapid Fire series (the latest--Sweat--is the best).
If you want a suffer-fest with some killer no-equipment-required floor work, check out the Strong Stride workout I recommended here recently.

Gobias posted most of these already. I pack my discs and bands. My go to travel workouts are:

Kick, Punch, Crunch (w/o the abs)
Cardio Kicks
Tabatacise (as she mentioned do the step recovery without a step)
Hiit DWP
LI Hiit - I do the floor portion twice and the disc portion once or twice and either don't use weights for the two segments that use them or have used water bottles
CCC
Travel Fit
The cardio part of 4 DS KB
I think(?) the cardio portion of 4DS bootcamp
I think(?) and of the three MMAs, although I rarely do these....

hth,
Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.