Which cardio DVD should I get next?

Scorpio

Cathlete
I use Cathe DVDs strictly for cardio (I do weights at the gym every day). I currently have:

KickMax
Kick, Punch & Crunch (actually this got left on an airplane, so I'm reordering...)
DrillMax
Imax 2
Imax 3
LowMax
CoreMax

I use the premix options a lot as I do cardio first thing in the morning, so only have 45-55 minutes. I'm thinking about getting Cardio Fusion or the SJP / Step Blast combo. I've also read about cardio kicks and MIC, but I'm not sure about those because they don't have the premix options. (Like most of you, I love to work HARD, with maximum calorie burn!)

Looking for opinions...

Thanks!:7

If you really want tough go with Cardio Fusion. Some of the choreography is hard if you don't have Body Max 2 but you should be okay if you preview it. HTH
LD

I actually would consider Low Impact Circ or BM2. Those cardio only premixes are quick and dirty and intense, LIC less so but it is fun. The only cardio only Cathe I have is the Classics. Have fun choosing, I am planning on CTX and something else, myself.

oops, I see you already have Drill Max

MIC is probably one of Cathe's toughest cardio workouts. Also the choreography is pretty basic so it's easy to pick up.

You might want to consider the Classics DVD--it's old stuff but it's still fun & they're pretty serious cardio workouts. Plus you get 3 on one DVD. Or Rhythmic Step +. RS has really complex choreography but is great fun once you learn it. I think the other workout on there is IMAX, which is freakin hard but basic. Or it might be MIC, in which case you'd have 2 major but different sweatfests.

I LOVE Cardio Fusion, but only because I did BM2 first. So, I would recommend BM2 first, then Cardio Fusion. The cardio premix on LIC is really fun, too!

I have a hard time staying motivated with the older, outdated workouts (they still are awesome) but I would say Cardio Fusion. You really can't go wrong with any of them. SJP is a lot of fun too but since you already lift weights, I would do CF. Good luck.

2nd on the Step, Jump Pump/Step Blast. I ALWAYS reach for that DVD because of the awesome premixes. I also LOVE the music.

With MIC and Imax, even though there aren't premixes it is very easy to stop with these worouts at the halfway point. MIC is a Hi/Lo WU that goes directly into the hi/lo cardio. You could quit and do the step cardio the next day doing a stretch of your choice after the hi/lo day. Also, Imax would be very easy to just do Imax 1-5 one day and intervals 6-10 another day doing a CD and stretch of choice after Imax 1-5 and a wu of choice on the day you do 6-10 if you don't want to switch around. It sounds like you are like the rest of us when you discovered Cathe workouts, which means, you won't go wrong no matter what you decide on. Enjoy!
Angela:7

Wow. Thanks for all the input. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do, but I think I can't go wrong with any of the suggestions and I'm sure I'll eventually end up with all of them!!

Cheers!:7

Scorpio, I don't think BM2, LIC, or SJP are what you're looking for. If I understood your question correctly, you're looking for cardio only. All 3 of the above are circuit workouts (although there are premixes for cardio only).

I'm like you--I do my weight training at the gym (altho DM has gotten me into doing some circuit at home) & am always looking for new at home cardio stuff. To get the most bang for your buck I'm still recommending the Classics, RS+ (I checked, it has RS, MIC and IMAX) or Cardio Hits (which for some reason I forgot about). They're all pure cardio & lots of fun.

I think that I would buy Step, Jump, and Pump/Step Blast combos.

Step Jump and Pump are circuit workouts, but do include all cardio premixes and there is the variety of step and high/low workouts.

Another option is the DVD with Rhythmic Step, MIC, and Interval Max on it.

Not a premix lover's dream, but you could always stop wherever you wanted to.

For example, you could do Rhythmic Step's first three sections and just leave off the Challenge part. I have done this when in a hurry.

I also agree that Cardio Hits or the Classics are great older workouts with not a lot of premixes, but can easily adapt to a busy schedule by leaving off the last parts.

But if you want a trip to Dante's Inferno, go for Cardio Fusion. It has a lot of premixes and is very, very hard.

>Scorpio, I don't think BM2, LIC, or SJP are what you're
>looking for. If I understood your question correctly, you're
>looking for cardio only. All 3 of the above are circuit
>workouts (although there are premixes for cardio only).
>
>I'm like you--I do my weight training at the gym (altho DM has
>gotten me into doing some circuit at home) & am always looking
>for new at home cardio stuff. To get the most bang for your
>buck I'm still recommending the Classics, RS+ (I checked, it
>has RS, MIC and IMAX) or Cardio Hits (which for some reason I
>forgot about). They're all pure cardio & lots of fun.

LauraMax, do you have CTX? Lately I've been thinking maybe this would be good for days where I can't make it to the gym, plus there seem to be a lot of cardio options on there. There seems to be a lot of good feedback on this one as well.

Thanks!:7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.