Whey Powder

tygra

Cathlete
Hi All,
I recently purchased chocolate flavored whey powder from Target. I tried putting it in my chocolate coffee this week (idea I got from one of Adri's post, but she used French Vanilla) and I could hardly drink it. It was like pure paste! Help, I was doing the Slim Fast with Protein drinks, but these get very expensive and they do not have as much protein as the whey powder. Any suggestions on what to mix the chocolate one with to make it stomachable?

TIA

I just mix mine in water with a few ice cubes and a teeny bit of natural peanut butter. I mix it in a blender or magic bullet and it's thick and frosty and yummy.

Lorrie

Pain is temporary - quitting lasts forever
Candace Grasso, CC-V-6

Hi!

I'm 2 weeks into the world of protein drinks. I've been using vanilla designer whey... with 3 ice cubes and a cup of skim milk and 1/2 a bannana (frozen is even better) and have added blueberries - or cherries... YUMMY

Sorry that doesn't answer your chocolate dilema!

Try mixing it with milk or putting it in your cerial or oatmeal. This might be a better taste. Let me know how it is. If not I'll try ta think of something else.

Take Care,
~Adri;-)
|_|_|
|_|_|
|_|_|

My all time favorite is vanilla protein powder with a cup of skim milk, or even water if you need to save on some calories, a banana, and a spoonful of peanut butter mixed in the blender...YUM!!!! I bet it would be even better with chocolate protein powder!!

Deni

I add it to my slimfast shake. I love to get vanilla slimfast, & the vanilla protein whey powder & add strawberries. Makes a good strawberry shake. Add chocolate pwder to chocolate slimfast for a double chocolate drink.

Be sure to let us know! I'm hooked in just 3 weeks :) I've already had 2 today so I think a 3rd is out of the question ;)

>Hi!
>
>I'm 2 weeks into the world of protein drinks. I've been using
>vanilla designer whey... with 3 ice cubes and a cup of skim
>milk and 1/2 a bannana (frozen is even better) and have added
>blueberries - or cherries... YUMMY
>
>Sorry that doesn't answer your chocolate dilema!

Thank you for this recipe, I just tried it and it is soooo gooood. I'm guessing you have to peel the banana BEFORE you freeze it...doh.

>Oops! Sorry yep. I found out the hard way too so don't
>feel so bad ;)
>
>It's delicious isn't it!

Lol, just glad I wasn't the only one.:D

Hi! Maybe you know this already, but since you are new to protein powder this might be good info. I have found and had it confirmed by many that the cheaper the protein powder the more bloated you will likely get. So, if you start to feel bloated, try a higher grade/cleaner form of protein. I've found that any protein that is listed as "concentrate" is my enemy! I use Respect from Pride Nutrition. It's pretty pricey, but wonderful. The protein Pride uses is "cross flow micro-filtered whey isolate". I've used Isopure from Vitamin World and not had problems. It seems like the cleaner it is the less fun it sounds....no more "chocalate banana caramel sundae" on the label! That doesn't mean you can't doctor it up yourself, though.

Thanks to Shelley :) I bought designer whey at walmart and happily had no problems. I think it was about 20$ for 3.5 lbs! Yumm.. time for the protein shake!

>>I'm guessing you have to peel the banana BEFORE you
>freeze it...doh.

I used to freeze unpealed bananas: peeled works soo much better!

In fact, I have a bunch of bananas that are just perfectly ripe for freezing, and I'm about to peel them, break them into pieces, and put them in a freezer container so they are ready to put in my morning smoothies (breaking them up into about 1-2 inch pieces makes it easy to add them to the individual blender container).

i also add oj to vanilla pp,nanna,milk or water, blueberries and sometimes plain yogurt and of'course ice cubes.

today i had one with chocolate whey pp,peanut butter,ice cubes,water,and instant coffee.

laura

I blend my chocolate protein powder with ice, 2% milk, a banana, a table spoon of peanut butter, and then top it with Butter Buds. And man...it is yum. Higher in calories than some may want, but YUMMMMMM. :)

Another good one is chocolate protein powder, ice, and spearmint extract to give it a minty zip.

Another thing that is good is to take organic, low-fat vanilla pudding and mix some chocolate protein powder in with that in a bowl. Then, you can add banana, peanut butter, whole oats, etc.

Just get creative with the foods you like and do some experimenting.

Dianna

http://www.picturetrail.com/Luv2WorkHard

The nutritionist who works at TLT says to buy "undenatured whey" and they sell a product called "Beyond Whey" that is kind of pricey....but I've used a product from Biochem that was reasonable and tastey on top of fruit...think I got it from Vitaminshoppe on line...maybe it was less expenseive because its "denatured"..

BTW - anyone know what denatured means?

I don't know if this will work but mix mine in water and then heat it. If I do it the other way it just glops. Hope this helps.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.