where to add circuit max into my rotation

schrovet

Cathlete
I am currently doing a PS rotation. Circuit max/cardio kicks dvd is being shipped now. Can I do it and my PS at the same time? or should I wait until I am done with the PS rotation?

Here is my workout schedule

Su: 30 min cardio and PS CTS
Monday: IMAX or other cardio
Tue: PS legs
Wed: rhythmic step
thurs; 30 cardio and PS BBA
Friday: off
Sat: firm super cardio (with only 3lb weights)

I want to give my muscles enougth rest for PS. Can I do Circuit Max with light weights for toning?

I am also thinking of just doing circuit max on thursday and forgetting about ps bba. for some reason it is my least favorite of the PS series.

Thanks for any input.

Lisa

I use the same weights as Cathe in Cicuit Max and at the end of the session I am dripping. To me it is definitely more aerobic than strength so I would never count is as one of my strength training days. OUCH Is right, what a workout! I like it because for such a hard workout it seems to go quickly because your just doing those 5 minutes of cardio, and then switching to the weights for a couple of minutes. That switching really fools the mind, I'm always surprised when the hour is up.

thanks guys

you answered my questions. I will try it saturdays instead of super cardio. Glad to know it is more cardio than strength.

Lisa

RE: thanks guys

Hi, I was just going to suggest substituting Circuit Max for Super Cardio. I have both tapes, and CM is several notches above Super Cardio in all aspects!

:) Stacy

Also consider inserting Circuit Max on Thursdays or Saturdays, using ONLY a heavier barbell and focusing on leg circuits (squats and lunges, steady tempo or pulsing holds), rather than compound multi-muscle stuff. Superior cardio AND a fair amount of leg muscle conditioning.

Annette

I LOVE Circuit Max!! It really rocks!!!!!! I do use light weights (5 & 6lbs.). By the end of the workout I am dripping. It gives me such a feeling of power to FINALLY finish this one. I agree with that it is more cardio than strength and by the last 2 cardio sections (the step part) I am pleading for the END!

This is how I use CM, as a second leg workout. This tape ain't for sissies!!!!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.