When will the STS 1RM Calculator be on your website?

Wendy G.

Cathlete
Do you have a better idea about when the STS 1RM Calculator will be up so we can start figuring out what our ideal weights should be?

I'm getting more and more excited about this program! :7

I was just about to ask the same question. I am eager to learn. I have checked out a few other websites and have a good idea of what my 1RM would be but to use Cathe's sight and the calculator already now the exercises that are going to be performed well that just makes everything perfect. Well just being able to use something on Cathe's signt instead of somewhere else makes things perfect. : )-

I can't wait to check it out, hope it is up soon!

We will release the 1RM calculator along with the release of the Workout Manager. This shouldn’t be too much longer and will be well before the release of STS. It difficult to give you an exact date though.

Is it worth finding out the 1 rep max too long before doing the STS workouts, though? I mean, if we don't get the workouts for say, another 2 months, but continue to train on our own using 4DS or Slow & Heavy or anything else, wouldn't our 1 rep max potentially change before the start of STS? Or if we didn't weight train at all, our 1RM would decline, right?

I guess what I'm asking is when the optimal time is for figuring your 1 rep max for the purpose of STS? I would imagine it would be right before starting STS?

And having said that, I'm still extremely interested to see the Workout Manager ASAP so I can play around with how to figure 1 rep max and how that would factor with my other workouts so I'm prepared when it's time for STS.

Thanks,
April

I am excited to figure out my 1RM to see just how far off I have been with my lifting.

Will the WorkManager be available to everyone or just those that purchased STS? It really does not matter for me, as I did pre-order but was just wondering.

By the term, "registered member of our forums" are you referring to the present forum(s)? I understand you are planning forums with new software and server. Will there be a fee for membership to the new or updated forums?

There is no fee for using the Workout Manager, you only need to be a registered member of our forums. Yes, we will have new forum software too, but your username and account will just transfer once this happens. You will need to select a new password as passwords cannot transfer, so please make sure your email address is listed correctly in your profile of our current forum software.

We don’t have a date yet, but it will be before STS is released. This is a massive project and we plan on releasing the first phase in beta shortly. We plan on being in beta for many months and will offer several forums where you will be able to post bugs and make suggestions.

We now have 3 full time programmers and 3 part time employees whose only job is working on this project. Once we release the first public beta we hope that you will help us and our programmers to make this the best program of its type on the web.

RE: When will the STS 1RM Calculator be on your website...

I am planning to do the STS workouts with my mother, who isn't a forum member. When the Workout Manager comes out will there be an option for more than one member of the same household, or should I just register her?

Thanks, Mary

This might be useful. I found this online somewhere and tested it against a handful of online 1 rep max calculators and matched. It might save a lot of time sitting at the computer entering into a 1 rep max calculator. A calculator, pen & paper in your gym area will do.

W = weight lifted
R = maximum number of reps you can do with that weight

1 rep max = (36 x W)/(37 - R)

so, you can do 9 reps of bicep curls with a 60lb bell?
Your 1RM for curls = (36 x 60)/(37 - 9)
= 2160 / 28 = 77lb
_____
Helen

Is this the program that you can make any workout of your own from all of Cathe's workouts?

No, the 1RM calculator simply helps you select the correct weight for almost any exercise.

The calculator and workout manager sound excellent.

Can we sign up to receive email alerts as the beta and beyond versions are published?

Thanks,
CW

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.