When is the Lion working and Beta 2.0 to be launched

imamac

I have purchased literally hundreds of Cathe downloads .. the decision to get the downloads and not the DVDs was because of the promise of the Workout Blender, and the ability to eventually share and download premixes.

Wondering when there will be a version that works with Lion? and also when the Beta 2 is coming out.

--
At this point I don't know if I should buy the downloads for the new videos or give up on Workout Blender altogether. 2 years is a long time to wait after purchasing my initial block of workouts.

As background:

It didn't work on my old iMac because of bugs such as this one
http://cathe.com/forum/f122/error-ffmpeg-280329/

I have since purchased a brand new top of the line iMac and it doesn't work because I am using Lion (soon to be updated to Mountain Lion).

I understand its Beta and free so not complaining about that side of it, but on the other hand this was sold as a "feature" of buying the downloads (that it will work together with the blender...)

Any thoughts from Cathe's team? Are you committed to getting this working?

I am asking sincerely as I am about to buy the XTrain series and need to make a decision. Is Workout Blender going to be a supported product? in the sense that I can open a ticket and have some confidence it will be addressed?

Sincerely,

--
imamac

Hi imamac,

I'm a Mac, too, so can understand your frustration in waiting for a fully-functional version of the Workout Blender...and I'd love nothing more than to get on the forums and tell everyone that it is released! However, at this point we are stuck waiting for other independent developers to update the libraries that are incorporated into the Blender that are used for re-encoding video, and yes, these are the same libraries that you reference with FFMPEG. Unfortunately, the software that does these conversions is extremely complex and is nothing that we can create ourselves, so we rely on the only publicly-available solution, FFMPEG, to do our re-encoding. The libraries as they stand now contain a bug when used with 64 bit systems such as Mac Lion or Mountain Lion, and Vista and Windows 7 64 bit versions, that causes the audio and video to drift out of sync or to fail to encode altogether. This problem is not evident in the 32 bit version of FFMPEG. This is why it worked on older Mac and Windows systems where the calls were being made to the 32 bit version opposed to 64 bit. So we can only wait for those developers to update their software before we can update ours.

On the up side, please check my response here: http://cathe.com/forum/f122/users-80%-complete-videos-not-importing-problems-280095/
about my experience so far with Mountain Lion. It's not all bad!

To answer your question, yes, we are completely committed to getting the Workout Blender to work correctly, but we too are stuck waiting. We are investigating other solutions for re-encoding, but all so far involve having to charge for it because the software that we would need to include (Quicktime Pro from Apple) costs upwards of $30 per installation for licensing.

Hopefully you don't think that it is an unsupported product, as if you follow these forums we do try to answer all the questions as quickly as we can and try to address issues people are having. Sometimes it may take a bit of time because we personally have to simulate every problem and re-create issues in order to figure out what is going on, but we try to get back to everyone personally (these are not canned responses!) with their individual issues, and that is time consuming.

Hope I have answered your questions...and you can bet that the minute we have the library problem solved that I will be on here to let everyone know!

BTW...like your screen name!

Software

I'd actually be willing to pay for a working product that let me customize my workouts. I appreciate that you would like to offer it for free, but it seems the technology keeps changing too fast to keep up with.

For all the Lion users, I have posted an experimental version of the Workout Blender on the download page (please click the button "Mac Lion or Mountain Lion Download") at http://cathe.com/workout-blender/ . Before installing this version, it is essential to completely remove your old versions by following the instructions here: http://cathe.com/forum/f122/users-80%-complete-videos-not-importing-problems-280095/ And please note that the instructions have changed a bit for Lion and Mountain Lion users!

This version should clear up a few of the problems with Lion, but being experimental it may introduce others! If you would like to go back to the pre-Lion version with the bug fixes (does not include the Lion-specific fixes, but does fix a couple importing problems), reverse the process by completely uninstalling the Lion version and then install the "Mac Pre-Lion" version on the Workout Blender download page.

Please let me know what you experience with it. Until the software with new libraries is released, this is about as much as we can do. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thank you for your answer.

Haven't installed Mountain Lion yet...decided to hold off...

I would be happy to help test versions of the blender. I will try it out as soon as I get a free day... maybe next weekend...

It's working it's woring it's working!!!!

I am SO thrilled! I feel like a little kid on Christmas day :) After a couple of years of everyone else being about to use the Workout Blender, this experimental fix seems to be working on my iMac OS 10.7.4. I just did two premixes (Crossfire Extreme) and Random Burn (using the Workout Manager for the correct chapter points) and it all seems good to go. Thank you so much!!!!!

Annie

unsuccessful install

I'm using Lion and I deleted the hidden cathe folder, restarted my computer, and tried to install the new version and I couldn't get through the install. I got a message saying:
Sorry, an error has occurred. (in bold)

This application cannot be installed because the installed has been mis-configured. Please contact the application author for assistance. (in regular typeface)

:(

I checked and had the current version of Adobe AIR installed so that wasn't the problem. Oh well. Still not able to install the new blender. :(

Workout Blender - Beta on Mountain Lion

My iMac has been updated to Mountain Lion and I ran into one tiny problem installing the Beta Version of Workout Blender so I had to change the system permissions on my iMac to allow a program to install that was NOT from the Apple Store and then it installed just fine. After Workout Blender installed, I went back and tightened up the security settings to what they were before.

It works for me too! Merry Christmas!

Will place my order for XTrain downloads today! just in time for the Pre-Sale.

Lion 10.7.4 also. Anyone try mountain lion? is it safe to upgrade?

imamac:rolleyes:

I am SO thrilled! I feel like a little kid on Christmas day :) After a couple of years of everyone else being about to use the Workout Blender, this experimental fix seems to be working on my iMac OS 10.7.4. I just did two premixes (Crossfire Extreme) and Random Burn (using the Workout Manager for the correct chapter points) and it all seems good to go. Thank you so much!!!!!

Annie

I'm on Mac OSX 8.0.1 Mountain Lion and can now use the workout blender! I'm so very happy, and have added the XTRAIN downloads to my pre-order. Thanks so much for getting this working.

Mine is working now also. Just made a High Reps upper body only premix. Ran smooth as silk. I'm on Lion 10.7.4.

Ok, I just tried to do this. I moved my old version of workout blender into the trash. I then went into Utilities and typed the line to make stuff show up in library and then tried to download the new lion mountain lion download. It still comes up with an error message. Any ideas? I'm not too computer savvy apparently!

Hi aussiekers,

At what point is the error message happening? Is it when you are downloading, installing, or working within the Workout Blender? If you can provide some more information on the exact error I should be able to help you out. Thanks!

Hi Curt, I moved the workout blender that was in my applications into trash. At that point you said to navigate "your hard drive" but I didn't know where to find that. Where shall I look for that? I have the current Adobe AIR. I did try to install the new workout blender but maybe it is because I didn't do the library cathe preferences?

Hi curt, I played around and figured a bit more out. I typed the chain with chflags....and no have no hidden set. Then I went into the mac hard drive and went through users, then library, preferences and searched Cathe. I have a ton of cat he files or folders. Do I copy those or move them all to a folder maybe on my desktop? Do I really need to delete all of them? I'm worried I'll do something wrong and they will all disappear. I'll wait tip I hear from you. I did earlier today try to download the new mountain lion workout blender and I thought it was working. But it eventually said

"workout blender" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer
Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App store and identified developers

I tried holding down "control" and opening that way, but that didn't work either

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.