What's your favorite breakfast right now?

For the last 4 years, pretty much every morning I have a veggie burger: 2 soy/veggie patties, whole wheat bun, very spicy mustard, and very spicy chipotle sauce. On weekends, I might change it up with a veggie/parmesan omelette.

Why do you eat gluten free? So many people do, when an actual gluten sensitivity or allergy is very rare. Are you one of those rare people?

Thats a very interesting thought. I eat GF personally because of my IBS. I think most peeps who eat GF do. Its such a pain in the booty (at least in the beginning.) why would anybody choose this? I first tried it in a desperate attempt to be able to at anything without tremendous cutting pain throughout my guts. The more I learn the less I feel the need to eat gluten. I was tested and found to be negative for Celiacs. Its an interesting thing, in India there are 4 separate genetic markers that are recognized for being positive but here in the US only one marker is recognized. Of course, because of the tremendous discrimination by the health insurance companies one doesn't want a positive diagnosis. Not to mention the cancers that Celiacs often get (no fun at all.)

Eating a clean diet and a GF diet is pretty easy. Most clean foods are gf by default.

sorry for hi-jacking the thread :eek:

Why do you eat gluten free? So many people do, when an actual gluten sensitivity or allergy is very rare. Are you one of those rare people?

Gluten sensitivity is not as rare as one might think. Eating GF is a personal decision that is helping me.

Anyways, great breakfast ideas, everyone! Keep 'em coming, if possible!:D
I took the soup advice and had some Trader Joe's soup this morning with organic brown rice in it and it was yummy. Mixing it up is the key, I guess. I'm psyched now to try lots of your suggestions!!

I prefer Mexican food for breakfast-corn tortillas with beans, cheese and raw vegetables; enchaladas; chicken mole. If not Mexican food, then any bean and/or vegetable soup (homemade) or any other leftovers from supper, even a hearty salad. Just anything that's not sweet and has lots of spice and flavor. I eat after an exercise dvd and long dog walk in the woods-just coffee before.

I thought of another breakfast I like having (and had this morning :D).

Couple of rice cakes with a small amount of nut butter and sliced bananas on top.

I actually used Maranatha Dark Chocolate Almond Butter this morning. It was super delicious!!

If you can't tell from this and my other post (Hot Chocolate Cereal), I like having dessert-type foods for breakfast. Yum!!!:eek:

Gluten sensitivity is not as rare as one might think. Eating GF is a personal decision that is helping me.

Anyways, great breakfast ideas, everyone! Keep 'em coming, if possible!:D
I took the soup advice and had some Trader Joe's soup this morning with organic brown rice in it and it was yummy. Mixing it up is the key, I guess. I'm psyched now to try lots of your suggestions!!

I made soup yesterday (for lunch) with a yellow heirloom tomato, 1/4 c. of chili beans (organic/GF) 1 c. of fresh green beans, a little organic/low sodium chicken broth (Pacific brand). I added red hot chili flakes, tamari sauce and hot sauce. It was soooo good! Trader Joe's has large brown rice tortillas that are great warmed up in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top for just 10 seconds. Scoop a spoonful of the soup without the broth and it would be great with salsa.

I thought of another breakfast I like having (and had this morning :D).

Couple of rice cakes with a small amount of nut butter and sliced bananas on top.

I actually used Maranatha Dark Chocolate Almond Butter this morning. It was super delicious!!

If you can't tell from this and my other post (Hot Chocolate Cereal), I like having dessert-type foods for breakfast. Yum!!!:eek:

Chocolate makes every meal special!! Where do you get the Dark Choc. Almond Butter? I love almond butter and I love dark chocolate, but I don't think I've ever seen this. Sounds yummy!

ETA: Kudos to those of you suggesting Mexican food for breakfast! I love Mex food, so I'm going to make a Trader Joe's run and get some of those brown rice tortillas.

I really appreciate all your input!

Last edited:
Chocolate makes every meal special!! Where do you get the Dark Choc. Almond Butter? I love almond butter and I love dark chocolate, but I don't think I've ever seen this. Sounds yummy!

ETA: Kudos to those of you suggesting Mexican food for breakfast! I love Mex food, so I'm going to make a Trader Joe's run and get some of those brown rice tortillas.

I really appreciate all your input!

There is a natural foods store in my area that sells it. It is super yummy! I love it and have thought it would actually make a great substitute for frosting!

Here is a link to the Maranatha site to show you what the jar looks like!

http://www.maranathafoods.com/product/dark-chocolate-almond-spread

How about protein pancakes (with oatmeal) fruit of your choice w/agave as syrup or I take mixed berries, heat until boiling and use as a "syrup".

Another quickie, GF tortilla with PB and a banana rolled up like a "burrito".

I'm eating museli and soy yogurt for breakfast now and love it.

I also like protein pancakes made with ground oatmeal and egg whites and then I top it with fruit -- it's very yummy. But the museli is my favorite thing for breakfast at the moment.

A true gluten allergy (e.g. Celiacs disease) is rare, but gluten and/or wheat intolerance is pretty common. I was bummed to discover a couple of years ago that lots of my chronic health issues cleared up when I ate wheat-free. Not bummed about the health problems clearing up, of course, but bummed to give up wheat. It's a pain in the arse, but not the end of the world, and worth it for the "cure" it provides.

When I don't feel like eating much for breakfast I will have a couple Aussie Bites purchased from Costco. They are a cross between a muffin and cookie: really dense and full of good stuff like flax,sunflower seeds, apricots, coconut,raisins, and rolled oats. I originally bought them as snacks for my picky toddlers, but I love them too! I think there are recipes floating around on the web if you need to make them gluten-free.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.