Whats up with the pajama pants?

I didn't know this was a trend! DH was saying that one of the guys in the wearhouse that he works in is always showing up in pajama bottoms. I told him to mention that our son had pajama day at kindergarten, so dh could give him a hard time. I thought that was so strange that someone would go to work, in a wearhouse, with other guys, wearing pajama bottoms. Oh well, when I was a teenager wearing boxers under your torn jeams was cool. Oh and so was long underwear under your torn jeas, of course. The more torn they were the cooler they were.

Kathy

>I'd rather see someone in pajamas than low rise jeans with
>their bu*t hanging out.

or their muffin tops dripping over!

i actually like sweats! i have no problem going to the grocery store in them.. if i've been working around the house and need to go to the store... i don't get all dolled up... i go in my sweats!

now when i go shopping for the day to the mall, etc... i wear jeans (or shorts or a skirt) oh... and i have been known to even do that in cute sweats if i've been out at a bike ride.... we travel to a lot of organized rides.. and since there is always good shopping around... sometimes i'll takes cute sweats instead of jeans.. easier to change into in the truck! lol! (and i mean cute like gap "fashion" sweats)

"funny" thing.. as much as i like sweats.. i won't work out in them.. i have to wear my long special work out pants or my workout shorts! body fitting! baggy sweats are too uncomfy!

and i have seen kids AND adults in the stores in jammies! UGH!

-------------
cute work out clothes are good for AT LEAST an additional 10-15 calories burned!

I agree that it's a very unattractive look. However, when I look back to the seventies, we were wearing low rise bell bottoms with frayed bottoms with halter tops. My point being that teens go for extreme looks. However, grown-ups are supposed to have a better sense of appropriate attire. The micky mouse PJ's must have been a spectacle.

BTW, what's a muffin top?

>Okay, I do confess I love sweats. I wear those around for
>errands. PJ pants would be a bit much for sure. I'd be
>tempted for comfiness but I would never do that.
>
>

Don't feel bad...me too Debbie!!!:eek: ;-) My sweats happen to be quite nice Nike fleece sets... I've received numerous compliments from strangers. I do draw the line at pink fuzzy slippers too....although I haven't worn my slippers in public yet I would definitely choose another color...hehehe ;)

Robin:9

Well, I have been known to tuck my pj pants into my Ugg boots to run my daughter to school when I'm home, but I do not step out of the car.

I have trouble wearing sneakers in public, let alone pj pants!! My DD (16) goes to friends' houses in them, but she wouldn't wear them really out in public. But I do see the kids doing it all the time.

Now, I will confess to wearing my slippers out, but I have sherling slippers that look like clogs are brown and have an outdoor sole. So they really look like shoes anyway. I'll wear them to run errands (but not sneakers - that is a bit odd *shrugs*)

I'm 43 and have a friend who is 41. She always wears sweats when we go out for lunch. I've never seen her in anything else. If I go to her house she is either wearing sweats or some stretchy shorts. I'm a blue-jean girl and that is all I wear.

As far as wearing PJs in public. I don't think older adults should wear them. My niece, who is 24, wears them a lot and I think she looks absolutely adorable in them. I actually bought her a new pair for Christmas.

I've decided to get rid of most of my sweats. If they look dumpy, or make me feel dumpy, they are out of here, even for at-home wear. I will wear some "track pant" look "sweats," but no more of those baggy, saggy Hanes ones.

A friend of mine carries slippers with her in her carry-on luggage. She puts the slippers on when she takes her shoes off to go through security at the airport. She travels alot and can stand the thought of her bare feet on the same carpet/flooring as hundreds of other people.

Her slippers are not pink and fuzzy, though! :D

>I've decided to get rid of most of my sweats. If they look
>dumpy, or make me feel dumpy, they are out of here, even for
>at-home wear. I will wear some "track pant" look "sweats,"
>but no more of those baggy, saggy Hanes ones.
>
>

Kathryn, I'm with you. I wear the "track" look sweatpants or yoga pants. I don't think there is anything wrong with going out in those, especially in a cute sweat shirt and hair pulled back neatly. I have to say, I am truly amazed at how slovenly many people look when they go out. Dirty sweats, hair that looks uncombed, old t-shirts etc. I know looks aren't the way to judge people but I have to wonder what people are thinking. Goodness, have some pride.

Do you know there was a woman in the Oprah audience once with curlers in her hair.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

I wonder how much of this depends on if you are rural or live in a city. I have no problem wearing sweatpants and no make-up(I do brush my hair) for a quick trip to the store. It is a small town, no big deal. I would not wear PJ bottoms, but at the U of I which is a huge campus, it is all over the place.

>Do you know there was a woman in the Oprah audience once with
>curlers in her hair.
>
>:eek: :eek:

When I was growing up, there was a woman who worked as a cashier in a local dime store (remember when they were called that?) who ALWAYS had her "sideburn-area" hair curled up in bobby pins. I saw her once at the fair at night, and she was still wearing them! (I'd thought maybe the pins were to make some "cute-to-her" curly-cues for when she went out at night, but apparently not!)

I just came up with an idea for getting students on my campus to stop wearing them: Í'LL start wearing them, and convince other faculty members to start wearing them. Wonder how long it will take for them to go out of style with students, once their "surrogate parents" start picking up on them? }(

(I can't even imagine doing it, though! And our campus is pretty laid back: I wear jeans quite often, and other teachers wear anything from suits--business and finance--to casual wear. Sometimes even shorts in summer. No pj's yet, though!).

I didn't know those fat rolls above the low rise pants had a name. Muffin tops--LOL--that's funny. Learn something new everyday.

Maggie:7

What about the trend to wear short jean skirts with leggings and flipflops?!? My DD wore an outfit like this to a dinner that her bf's mother invited her to! I had to bite my tongue so hard!!

I think my mom had the same reaction to me when I got home from college one year dressed in bright red high tops, a very colorful shirt and my hair cut very short on one side, and down to my chest on the other (I got a lot of compliments on my hair when it was like that, believe it or not!). I guess kids will be kids...

>But then again, I'm the evil stepmom who won't let the kids
>eat lunch if they are still wearing their pajamas }(

I don't think that is evil at all, my kids (I have 5, 4 of mine and 1 step) are not allowed to come to the table in their pj even for breakfast. They have to change first. I would not allow mine out of the house in pj's but I have to agree, it is better than what some people are wearing now with their butts hanging out and showing their underwear. (And the Muffin top is really bad)

I don't see anything wrong with sweats. They can be quite stylish. I wear them quite often. Like Kathryn said, I only wear the ones that makes me look like a slob around the house.

Frankly, I'd rather see someone in pajamas over the "goth;I want to commit suicide Christopher Walken's son from the movie Wedding Crashers" look. I can't stand that look. Makes me want to tell them Halloween's over or should I check you in a mental institution. I don't care if it's a trend. It's too much. IMO anyway. And yes, muffin tops are NASTY, too. Slutty look is nasty, too. I'm no prude but there's a line when it comes to dressing like a bimbo.

Lisa

>
> I don't see anything wrong with sweats. They can be quite
>stylish. I wear them quite often. Like Kathryn said, I only
>wear the ones that makes me look like a slob around the
>house.
>
> Frankly, I'd rather see someone in pajamas over the "goth;I
>want to commit suicide Christopher Walken's son from the movie
>Wedding Crashers" look. I can't stand that look. Makes me want
>to tell them Halloween's over or should I check you in a
>mental institution. I don't care if it's a trend. It's too
>much. IMO anyway. And yes, muffin tops are NASTY, too. Slutty
>look is nasty, too. I'm no prude but there's a line when it
>comes to dressing like a bimbo.
>
> Lisa

Alrighty there. Quite a jump from mickey mouse pajamas to I wanna slay someone. Did we miss the gray area somewhere, or are they all in the mental facitility?

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

You all were bashing people wearing pajamas and bashing muffin tops in public but you don't think the goth look is bad?? I think the goth look a little too extreme but THAT IS MY OPINION. You can yak at me all you want because I'm sticking with my opinion.

And you might want to REREAD what I said because I've never said "Slay someone", I said COMMIT SUICIDE. You were a nurse so you say so you should know what that means.

Dude, I think it was the ANGER in your response that Deb was referring to when she said "slay someone". You were a little vociferous.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.