What's the going babysitting rate?

Thanks everyone for all your great feedback! I definitely am going to encourage her to tell new prospects what her fee is up front so they know. She's a responsible person and deserves to get paid for it. $10 per hour isn't bad. Minimum wage isn't even close to that. Maybe I should consider...........nah, been there done that, don't want to anymore! :p

Wendy, sounds like you've got your babysitting needs under control. I really like how you'll have your daughter prepare for babysitting. Best to know what you're getting into before you can't back out! :)

I'm glad you saw my MyChelle update. I'm not sure if you did or not. I'm narrowing down for myself which ones work best. I'm happy you found the ones that are giving you results. Hey, father's day is coming. Sounds like a gift for hubby is just waiting for him! :) I actually did order an infomercial skin care system. Resurgence by Murad. There are a couple of their products that I'd like to try and then between MyChelle and this one, hopefully I'll have the perfect combination. I still am not seeing any results with their eye cream and another one I'm interested in is like $50 so I'm hoping the one in the Resurgence kit works for me. Time will tell!

I have stayed with my nephews (8 and 13) several times for a long weekend so that my brother and SIL can go on a vacation alone. They do give me their cc so that I can take the boys out to eat if we want, but I am thinking what a bargain they had!;-) I love staying with them really!!

Gin:)

BAM,

Yeah, I don't blame you for not wanting to go down that career path!:7

Let me know how the Resurgence cream works. I'm kinda liking the MyChelle Fabulous Eye Cream. But, it's also not a problem area YET.

Wendy

I am fuming! My other niece who is 18 just called me and told me she babysat for a friend of her mother's, who is my sister, for 4 hours and cooked dinner. They gave her money folded up so she didn't look at it until after she left. IT WAS $20! I told her that she MUST say something to them before babysitting again. She called her mother immediately afterwards and my sister agreed it was a little low but said to her, "you didn't have anything better to do anyway." Apparently these people have been throwing out the idea of having my 2 nieces babysit throughout the summer. My niece and her father both said not for that price. My brilliant sister said that she is not to say anything to them about the price. I told my niece to have her father be in on the conversation when she talks to her mother about this. I don't care if it's your friend or not, these kids should be getting paid what they're worth. My sister should be supporting this but some of you may know, my sister has MUCHO issues. It's just so frustrating! ARGH! How can some people be so cheap?????? x(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.