What's the BEST book you ever read?

Hey Jes,

Have you read Harry Potter yet? I know it's kinda of a kids book, but wow they are really awesome books and the sixth one is coming out in July.

Kristine

Lee Smith's Fair and Tender Ladies

Lee Smith is the lady in one of the pictures on my picture trail. She's my absolute favorite!

Sarah

Don't think I can name the absolute BEST book I've ever read, but a few that I really liked:

All the Potter books--loads of fun

Under the Tuscan Sun, and the second book she wrote--not at all like the really bad movie that they made of it!

If you're into sailing or don't mind lots of terminology, the Master and Commander series by Patrick O'Brian. I read a bunch of these, as well as some of the Horatio Hornblower series.

Howard's End--I love anything that's vaguely historical or tells about life in the past; just finished reading this. Also, anything by Jane Austen. :)

Angle of Repose--a bit on the depressing side, but really really good

If you've got some time on your hands, I'd HIGHLY recommend the Harry Potter series. Start off with #1 and go all the way through #5 so you'll be ready for #6 in July. Believe me, you'll get hooked and they're very addictive!!

My list is long and a lot of it is Canlit. I also have peculiar taste in literature. And I'm a book snob. Sooooo, all that being said, you still want some recommendations?:p

I am also a fan of Nicholas Sparks, at least for reading romance that isnt the "trashy" stuff. My favorite book though is "Summer Sisters" by Judy Blume. It is one of her adult novels and it is great. It is about two friends and their growing up together and the different challenges they faced with family, guys, jobs, and everything else. It is definitely my fave...Ive read it multiple times and every time I start I cant put it down. Have a great day and enjoy whatever you decide to read!
Christina:)

Nicholas Sparks! I've read all of his books except for "The Rescue" I recently read his "Three Weeks with My Brother". Get ready to cry if you read that one. What a tough life he has had, but no wonder he can write! Most of his books have some link to his life. Can you tell I'm a big fan of his?! Read "The Guardian", that one was really suspenseful!

Oh yeah, I have "The Wedding" too. The sequel to "The Notebook". Have to read that one still.

Happy reading!

Dallas

All of Patricia Cornwell's Kay Scarpetta series. If you like murder mysteries and forensic stuff.

My absolute favorite book of all time was The Stand by Stephen King.

Okay, so I have a dark side.

ALL of the HARRY POTTER books. You must read them in order to get the full gist. They are AWESOME!!!!

Also I am a true crime fan. Love books by Ann Rule - particularly Bitter Harvest and Every Breath You Take.

Courtney,

I have read all Ann Rule's books. I am reading Green River Running Red right now.

Her best book, IMHO is The Stranger Beside Me.

Candi,
I like stephen king too :) I alos like Dean Koontz and he just had a new one come out!

Jess, We expect you to get busy reading and we want a full page report on every book :) !

Terri

My favorite book of all time is The Awakening by Kate Chopin. A close second is the Grapes of Wrath by Steinbeck... i've read both of these multiple times, and they both make me cry every time! :) I know a lot of you probobly read these in highschool... but I think you will appreciate them more once you are older!

I just finished "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn". It's a great book. I also loved "The Girl With a Pearl Earring".

Joanne

hi, two good books I read

A walk to remember - Nicholas Sparks and
Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas - James Patterson

Two beautiful tear jerkers.

Shawna

So many to choose from!

Anything by:

David Sedaris
Sarah Vowell
Terry Pratchett
Wally Lamb

Or:

Wicked by Gregory Maguire
Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan

I could think of thousands more if I weren't at work!

I love love love books.

Wally Lamb is one of my favorite authors. Another great one is Jodi Picoult. She wrote "My Sister's Keeper" which is an incredibly moving book.

More good choices:

Skinny Dip by Carl Hiassen
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
The Life of Pi by Yann Martel

Other great authors:

Billie Letts
Nicholas Sparks
Alexander McCall Smith
Sophie Kinsella - shopaholic books....hysterical!
Jennifer Weiner

I could go on and on....I have kept lists of books I've read since 2003! If you want me to send you the list with my reviews, just let me know!!!

Angie

East of Eden...By, Steinbeck - UNBELIEVABLE
The Pilot's Wife...By, Anne Shrieve
The Four Agreements...By, Don M. Ruiz
Anything by Eleanor Roosevelt

I loved Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt.

Two of my favorite classics are A Tale of Two Cities and Frankenstein.

http://lilypie.com/days/050710/4/23/1/-7/.png[/img][/url]

Due 7-10-05

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.