What was your first workout tape?

I was looking through my tapes I had put aside and come across my first workout tape. It was Volume 1 of the firm. It is so funny how they are dressed with the leg warmers. I became a firm believer for a couple of years.

Just curious what everyone's first workout was. Please share this with me.

kim

Gosh...way back then?? I know I started with Joannie Greggains on TV, and then got some of her cassettes. Mar, I had that Jane Fonda tape too!! Some others were Kathy Smith, Karen Voight before the Firms and then thankfully I found CATHE!!....:)...Carole

Billy Blanks original Advanced Live workout. I remember when that nearly killed me! Then I got Kathy Smith Cardio Timesaver Fat Burn. That, too, was challenging. Now I can't remember when I last touched those videos now that Cathe has come into my house :)

"you miss 100% of the shots you never take"

Debbie

I don't remember the exact tape, but it would have been Jane Fonda probably... also in there was Margaret Richards (because I could get her show on PBS) . Also did Homestretch from tv too and Richard Simmons. Okay,okay.....I'm old !!!!:eek:

At 15 (I think) I had the Joannie Greggains cassette and book. I also went to Elaine Powers (does anyone remember that?) I was such a little butterball when I was younger that I always seemed to be on a diet. My first actual video was by Gay Gasper and it came with my club step. Loved it and bought two more of hers.

Kimbra

I'm embarassed to admit it was Cher/Kelli Roberts. I followed it up w/Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout, does that make it better? :p

I remember Elaine Powers! Actually I was hired to work there when I was about 20 , but ended up not taking the job because the job was mostly sales....ugh......
Also used to exercise to Charlene Pickett tapes........
My first Cathe tape was ALLSTEP that I got free with a step......it took me forever to get the choreography, but then I was hooked!!!:)

I had a Jane Fonda cassette. However, my first video was Tami Lee Webb Body of Steel, Buns of Steel, and I think that there was one more.

Does anyone remember the 20 minute work out with the three girls with the white background? I would do that when I was in 7th and 8th grade off the TV in my family room with my little brothers (6 & 2) and sister (4) jumping around with me. That's funny to think about that now. :)

Dallas

Oh Gosh! I'd be hard pressed to remember that! I purchased my very first aerobics tape YEARS ago! Had to be when I was a teenager I'll bet! I know I had Jane Fonda way back when so that might have been it. I also had Kathy Smith and Richard Simmons back in the day but I honestly think some Jane Fonda vid was my first.

I didn't come across the Firm until this last time I began exercising again-in the last few years. I discovered them when I was channel surfing one day and saw the BSS 2 informercial. I bought it and was hooked for a long time up until I found Cathe.

Wendy

6/13/05 Some new pics added!Check out pics of Joey's room in the "nursery" album!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/wendymin

>
>
> I was looking through my tapes I had put aside and come
>across my first workout tape. It was Volume 1 of the firm. It
>is so funny how they are dressed with the leg warmers. I
>became a firm believer for a couple of years.
>
> Just curious what everyone's first workout was. Please share
>this with me.
>
> kim

The very first show that got me up and working out was a PBS show out of Provo Utah called "Hooked On Aerobics". I still have the tapes I made from taping the show when it came on. Yeah, they are pretty stale and outdated, but they have sentimental value.:) The first video workout I ever bought was a little jem called "Cosmopolitan's Dance Aerobics." It only about twenty minutes, but I love this workout. I use it as a long warm up sometimes. It really comes in handy because it seems like advanced workouts today either have no warm up or the warm up is not adequet get you ready for the workout ahead.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.