what video to start with?

Hi all! I've been a FIRMIE for years, but am ready to try something new. I'm intrigued by Cathe's rave reviews from fans. What video is a good starter for a 40-something, overweight-but-fairly-advanced exerciser (I'm working on losing 35 lbs.)? Sounds like her stuff is HARD. I can do the advanced FIRM videos, although I have to tone down some of the higher impact aerobics. I've focus a lot on combination cardio-strength videos, but realize I need more cardio to burn the fat!! Right now I'm not sure if I can handle Cathe or not. Can anyone help?

The wedding tape (How to get in shape for your wedding) is one of the most-recommended tapes for Cathe-starters. It's 2 workouts on one tape. The first half (50 mins) is a step workout, then there is another 50 mins. or so of muscle conditioning with free weights. This tape is one of my favorites (the step portion, I've never used the weights portion, but it looks good, just not as advanced as her other stuff). If you like to do step aerobics (which I am assuming you do :) ) this is a great Cathe tape to start out with. It's not intimidating, and she previews the moves on the step more times than she does in some of her other vids. Another one I have *heard* is great for first time Cathe steppers is Step Heat, but I won't be using that one 'til i get the new "Classics Vol 1" DVD.
please check out the previews on this site of these workouts and see if they might be up your alley.
Good luck to you!!
Kathy

Thank you for your quick reply, Kathy! I was actually wondering about the Wedding tape. My only aversion was to the sappy wedding stuff;-) Yeah, I did read reviews; that's why I decided to go to the others DOING these videos and ask! Some sound like they're either too high impact or the moves will be too advanced 'till I get used to her techniques. I used to step a lot, but my step tapes are getting pretty "old." Thanks!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.