What the heck happened??

Shantabulous

Cathlete
My workout today was the warm up from Tabatacise plus tabatas 4 and 5, then Chest, back and shoulders. Wow! I'm not sure what happened, but I could barely make it through CBS. I felt really good after the tabatas, but I found myself not being able to complete all the reps in CBS like I usually do and I kept getting majorly out of breath. It was a very challenging workout, but I'm stumped as to why CBS was so challenging today.

What were you doing yesterday? Sleep? Eats? Activities? It's probably more about that than anything today.

We all have off days. It'll come back!

Nan

You're post is very timely because I had a similar experience this morning. My workout for the day was Circuit Max, which usually feels like a moderate intensity workout to me...very doable. NOT today! I really had to push to get through it. I was pooped! As I've thought about it since this morning, I think it's due to the collection of really intense workouts I've done this week (which included Afterburn and LBB to give you an idea...I've been pushing it hard). For me it means my body is ready for a rest day, which I will take tomorrow. If I feel this way on Monday I will take another rest day. That should do the trick.

Have you been pushing yourself hard this week? Or, Nan is also spot on...not enough sleep, water, etc? You'll get your groove back, but I think it's a good idea for both of us to take a rest day tomorrow!

And don't discount the detrimental effects of stress and hormones. The excessive stress of the last two weeks left me bone weary and zapped all my energy.

Clare

I ate refined sugar products yesterday. I totally blew it! And boy!!! I paid for it with bad sleep last night and not much energy for my workout today :( (XT Legs)

From my own experience, I simply can't do any form of intense cardio before weight training. My energy is totally depleted and my weight training will almost certainly suffer. I have to either put forth 100% into cardio OR weight training, not both. Perhaps this is what happened to you.

Natasha

I'm with lisa_la_machina: The same thing happened to me last Sunday when I was doing Rhythmic Step, had to stop half way through. It was time for a day of rest, which I did and then I was right back on track:) Listen to your body, it knows when it needs a break, envelope if your brain doesn't:)

Well I had just worked 2 - 12 hr days, so I didn't work out the previous two days. Definitely wasn't the need for a rest day. I'm guessing it's just due to me taking in less calories. I always try and stay around 1500, but haven't been even close for months. I really started counting again a week ago. Also cut out all sugary sweets (I have been a bear!). Legs are on the agenda for today. We'll see how that goes. Thanks for the insight, ladies!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.