What songs have you made up for your pet?

Govtgirl

Cathlete
I'm sure I can't be the only one!! :p

I used to have a calico kitty, Daisy, and sometime I called her Miss May (May was her middle name! :eek: ) So I would sing, to the tune of ""Good Morning" from "Singin' in the Rain":
Miss May, Miss May
She's just a kitty all day,
Miss May, Miss May, hey hey!!"

I know, not super-original, but she always came to me when I sang it! She lived 18 good years, and was a sweetheart.

Now I have two boy kitties, Ace and Murphy. Ace is a long slinky tabby, Murphy is a chubby, fuzzy and orange-red.

Yesterday Murphy was on the bed, as usual, here's a new one for him:
There's a kitty on the bed and he's red!
There's a kitty on the bed, with a marble in his head,

Do you have any songs? Seriously, I can't be the only person goofy enough to get a kick out of this! :eek:

I have a gecko named Lola, so when I'm feeding her, you might hear me sing "Her name was Lola, she was a gecko..."

Oh, and I used to have a boa named Austin who I would go up to and sing "If this is Austin, I still love you..."

So no, it's not just you!!!

Last edited:
We do it too. :D

We sing "Sun Puppy," to the tune of Madonna's "Om Shanti" whenever we catch Snoopy basking in a sunny spot.

We also made up a song called "Fuffy Nanas," which is one of his nicknames.

DH sings a third song, but it's early, and my brain isn't on enough for me to remember it. (I'll probably think of it later, when I'm nowhere near the computer.) I'm pretty sure we alter Christmas songs in Snoopy's honor too.

I do it all the time, too!:D

I'm always singing to my yellow lab, but they're just songs I make up as I go along... I also have so many nicknames for him, I'm not sure he knows what his real name is any more! Every time he comes up to me I'll say somthing like, "Hello, my precious pumpkin..." or "Hi, sweet lips..." His name is Casey...Sometimes my hubby answers because he thinks I'm talking to him!:D

Coming out of lurkdom to say that I'm glad I'm not the only one who does this! lol I sing to my kitty all the time & make up nonsense words to familiar tunes.

Sometimes when our dog, Wilma, starts playing too roughly with our kitten, Sidd, I'll sing "Hey, Wilma, leave that Sidd alone!" ala Pink Floyd's The Wall.:)

Used to sing to my yorkie "Pippin" in the tune of I'm a little teapot...:eek:

verse 1
Little Pippin (last name) short and sweet
here is your tum tum here are her feet.

Verse 2
Little Pippin (last name) short and frail
here is your tum tum ahhh Where Is your tail!! :eek:

Last edited:
I have nicknamed one of my kitties Kiki (as in kee-kee) so I sometimes sing to her...
"She's a Super Kik, Super Kik, she's Super Kiki, MEOW!"

I know....I'm weird but those of you who know already realize this.

I have nicknamed one of my kitties Kiki (as in kee-kee) so I sometimes sing to her...
"She's a Super Kik, Super Kik, she's Super Kiki, MEOW!"

I know....I'm weird but those of you who know already realize this.

Beavs - I LOVE THAT!!

My X DH played hookey from work one day and went fishing and he saw this animal floating down the river struggling, crying, so he drew up his anchor and trolled over and netted it out... turned out to be a Lhasa Apso type puppy. Cute as a button. So I made up this little song for here to which tune it belongs to I have no idea.

Verse 1:
Pebbles (last name) is her name
floatin' down the river she came
DH netted her out like a fish
brought her home, she's a cute little dish.

Big Finale:
Pebbles Pebbles Pebbles, Pebbles Pebbles Pebbles
na na na na na na naaaa na na.

Last edited:
This is a great thread! I am laughing so hard reading everyone's posts! I definintely sing to my pets all the time but, like a previous poster mentioned, I'm mostly freestyle, LOL. I don't have too many specific songs I can remember. I have a dog and three cats, two boys & one girl. I sing this song to my girl, Abigail (to the tune of Just a Love Machine), everytime I hold her because she purrs like crazy!:

"She's just a purr machine, and she won't purr for nobody but me!" (repeat)

I sing to the others too, but usually just make it up as I go along.

See Govtgirl, you are not the only crazy one, LOL.

Wow! I'm ROTFLMAO! What a great thread Govtgirl! I sing to my 4 cats and the each have a unique little song (usually with tongue-twister properties) with made-up words. I also free-style and eventually, my DH was doing it too!

"Sphynx-pur, Sphynx-pur, Such a pretty pinkster!"
"Athena-beana, athena-beana, don't you wanna cleana, leana?"
"Cleo-da-me-o-da-be-o, once bit off my little toe!"
"Venus, venus, venus, doesn't like p*n*s!" (this is a bad one!)

LOL!

Vlad AKA "The Vladinator" doesn't have a song, but he has several Vlad-isms.

"Your're a nice baby - you don't want to bite anybody's face off!" Combined w/ a snuggle. He's a shep/rott mix and this keeps him from being mean. He's the biggest wimp on the planet

"Hows is-a-was-a-doin'? did you have a nice day?" Everyday when I get home

"You have a niceness/cuteness/shmell about you" combined w/ a behind the ear rub

Spyro did have a song

"He's the king of the bad dogs!! Spyro-doggie!!!" He wasn't bad though, it was just his song.

Merlin kitty's song is just his name
"Merlin, Merlin kitty, with jelly!" As in peanut, peanut butter and jelly

Nan

I love these!! I don't think my sister will mind if I post her kitty's song:

Dolores Louise
she can't speak Chinese
she's got a polka-dot tummy
and stripes on her knees!

:eek::eek::eek:

My cat Bob has been with me for 16 years and has inspired many songs, these are the ones I still sing to him and the others.

Bob in a box,
Bob in a box,
Everyone loves
Bob in a box!

Kitty cat kitty cat kitty kitty kitty cat kitty cat cat kitty cat kitty kitty cat
Kitty cat cat kitty cat kitty kitty cat kitty kitty kitty cat cat
Meow

My Bubby
My Bubby
Nobody loves Bubby
Like me

My SO and I make up lots of songs for my dog Afreet (nicknamed "Freetsie") to the tune of "Mandy" by Barry Manilow. Here's an example:

Oh Freetsie,
You have such tiny feetsies,
And they're cute as can be,
Oh Freetsie,
I need that oven mitt, sweetie,
Could I please have it back?

Same tune for Afreet's sister, Greta:

Oh Greta,
Your foot's poking into my kidney,
Could you please scootch away?
Oh Greta,
I think you just stepped on my windpipe,
Could you just settle down?

It's a very adaptable tune, so we make up new songs all the time. Both dogs also love it when we sing them the birthday song on their birthday. :)

OMG!!! I am laughing so hard :D Great thread!!

!

This is Joe's song:

He is a boxer mighty Joe boxer
everywhere he goes doggies wanna know
who he is so he tells them...

He is a boxer mighty Joe boxer
everywhere he goes doggies wanna know
who he is so he tells them... :p

Ruby was a doberman we had

Ruby Anna, Ruby Anna
went all the way to Northern Havanna
to meet her gramma Oh Ruby Anna

Everyones songs are sooo cute and funny!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.